UPDATED: Orange County DA asks SBI to probe UNC-CH academic scandal

Home Forums All StateFansNation UPDATED: Orange County DA asks SBI to probe UNC-CH academic scandal

Tagged: ,

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Old MacDonald
    Keymaster

WRAL link. Excerpts: Orange County District Attorney Jim Woodall was so concerned by the report on the Department of African and Afro-American Studies
    [See the full post at: UPDATED: Orange County DA asks SBI to probe UNC-CH academic scandal]

EdMar
    Participant

It’s Friday again

Rochester
    Participant

The SBI is where this needed to go all along. No one else was going to do anything. Turn them loose and let them dig and I bet we ain’t seen nothing yet.

tractor57
    Participant

Finally Friday once again

highstick
    Participant

Dang, and one of fellows in the SBI that I met a few years ago(and is a State grad) has retired! Get him back!!

I’ve got a feeling that the State Auditor will be there soon! At least she’s an ECTC grad, not a Hole!

http://www.bethwoodcampaign.com/bio.html

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

tractor57
    Participant

but but did the scholarship athletes sell shoes?

Sweet jumper
    Participant

Shoes and tickets guys, shoes and tickets.

Paramarine
    Participant

How many prongs now?

I can’t keep up.

statemech

Can we just break away from the UNC-system? Maybe we can get Charlotte, Wilmington, App State and others to join in and make a North Carolina State University System?

highstick
    Participant

NC State at Wilmington???

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Incredible. At some point they have to realize in Chapel Hill that their feeble attempts at PR are little more than shoveling sand into the rising tide.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^^ Works for me. I’ll even volunteer my services to head up the “Beaches and Bikinis” extension program.

oceanman
    Participant

Reznick article – can I puke now!!!

packalum44
    Participant

So what are the chances that the SBI follows through with this?

#Notalawyer

GAWolf
    Keymaster

What amazes me most is that a group which regularly pats itself on the back for being above the curve completely ignores the fact that this is the information age. The lies catch up to them unlike never before because now everything is out there for public consumption forever.

GAWolf
    Keymaster

They’ll follow through. I don’t think they can not accept the request. At least Woodall has enough gumption to realize his own UNC connections give him a conflict of interest. That’s more than can be said for some other folks out there.

GAWolf
    Keymaster

Can someone please point us to the statement by the GI bill enabled UNC student who said the highlight of his career to that point at UNC was having taken Swahili with the entire starting lineup fo the last national championship basketball team? Thanks.

Wolfy__79

this could get ugly.

gotohe11carolina
    Participant

this is gonna get real ugly fast

completely off topic, anyone know anything about jimbo petitioning the big 12 for acceptance. rumornhas it he doesn’t like the blue-centric makeup of the conference. could this be the silver bullet for swof?

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Gawd! Please don’t let the SBI crime lab get their hands on this!!!!!!!!

Hungwolf
    Participant

Seems I read no one had failed Swahili, if that is indeed the case then Graves would have been one of the ones that had their grades changed. This should warrant a sure fire self reported violation to the NCAA, anyone heard if they back on campus. I would think they would be furious that this so called investigation and report comes out after their sanctions were handed down. I would think they surely realize UNC was not forthcoming with the whole truth.

baxter

Sorry if someone noted this, typo alert:
    In this article from Carolinablue.com from 2009 you can see where indeed UNC athletets do indeed get priority registration opportunities.

GAWolf
    Keymaster

Not sure where this info comes from, but is that Graves:

http://www.myedu.com/SWAH-403-Intermediate-Kiswahili-IIi/course/s/537601/

choppack1
    Participant

Remember – what killed NC State athletics wasn’t the NCAA sanctions or investigation. Rather, it was the punishment administered by the BoG. We played in the NCAA the next year…but what really killed us was the FACT that we were required to recruit BETTER student-athletes than UNC (or anyone in the ACC) AND we were required to do more in order for them to be eligible.

I see ZERO evidence that this will occur in Chapel Hill. While they do have some rabble-rousers, I think by and large these guys have all drank the kool-aid. Combine that with the fact that I’m convinced that North Carolina’s power players are convinced that only a strong football program can continue to fund UNC athletics AND get an ROI on that end-zone, and I don’t think you’ll see anything meaningful happening and UNC will be bowling in the 2013-2014 season.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Octo-Prong…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.