#Uniformwatch vs Wake Forest

Home Forums All StateFansNation #Uniformwatch vs Wake Forest

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

I like them. Check out NC State's uniform combo for Saturday's game against Wake Forest @PackFootball … pic.twitter.com/WhTE9E3Vdx— Pa
    [See the full post at: #Uniformwatch vs Wake Forest]

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Black uniforms have always served us well -_-

inhoc…
    Participant

I think they look awesome. However, the team is .500 and hardly has a singnature victory. Furthermore, Wake isn’t even a big game aside from getting bowl eligible, which I guess is big in some regard. But shouldn’t stuff like this be saved when winning the division is on the line and Clem or FSU is coming to town? I know it gets the players hyped up, but I think this “wad” shouldn’t blown on such a insignificant game. Save it for a special one.

revdmills75
    Participant

inhoc, the uniforms were picked by the seniors. Don’t think anyone was trying to make any #STATEment 🙂

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Picked by the seniors yes, but this combo was picked because this is the biggest game of our season, let alone the biggest of DD’s tenure. A win all but locks up a bowl game which guarantees at least another month of practice. This game is extremely crucial to the program. We all know we are going to be Carolina’s bowl game this season so the Wake game is a MUST.

Wufpacker
    Participant

But shouldn’t stuff like this be saved when winning the division is on the line and Clem or FSU is coming to town? I know it gets the players hyped up, but I think this “wad” shouldn’t blown on such a insignificant game. Save it for a special one.

Interestingly enough (or not), a few years ago the exact opposite argument was made for black unis in basketball, though I don’t remember by whom. IIRC, the gist of it was that we suck in black so we should suck in games that fewer people were apt to be watching.

packbackr04
    Participant

what is on the shirt? is it a hand puppet?

pakfanistan
    Participant

I find it hilarious that people find a correlation between uniform color and on field performance.

what is on the shirt? is it a hand puppet?

I thought they might have been trying to shop in a shadow from the hands in front of his chest. Honestly I have no idea wtf is going on with that.

VAWOLFPACK
    Participant

What is more sad than thinking the changing of uniforms will change the results (performance) is that if it does, these players must not care very much about STATE and more so about themselves. Too much time, money and thought is spent on uniforms and not enough on catching and holding on to the friggin’ ball!!!
    I usually end my rants with go-to-hell-carolina, but I like the new version go-to-class-carolina!

coyotejoe
    Participant

VAWOLFPACK, I’m mostly a traditionalist, but that new version is spot-on!

As far as uniforms, I feel that we should be on “alternate uniform probation” until we have a winning season in the conference.

Greywolf
    Participant

Too much time, money and thought is spent on uniforms and not enough on catching and holding on to the friggin’ ball!!!

What the heII does time, money and thought by the equipment managers have to do with the players catching and holding the ball?

mak4dpak
    Participant

I like them, but regardless of what we wear, what comes from the inside will decide the game. We have to have the heart and will to perform well in our last home game, without costly turnovers.

LoCoPack
    Participant

inhoc… wrote:
    But shouldn’t stuff like this be saved when winning the division is on the line and Clem or FSU is coming to town? I know it gets the players hyped up, but I think this “wad” shouldn’t blown on such a insignificant game. Save it for a special one.

As MISTA WOLF says, this is a big game. Let the seniors have some fun. Or would you prefer, “The floggings will continue until morale improves!”

john of sparta
    Participant

does this lead to:
    1. what the coaches wear?
    2. what the cheerleaders wear?
    3. what…well, you get the idea.

pakfanistan
    Participant

does this lead to:<br>
    1. what the coaches wear?<br>
    2. what the cheerleaders wear?<br>
    3. what…well, you get the idea.

Literally everything is a slippery slope.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I think a bigger deal gets made by people here than probably by the players. They choose the uniform, then it’s over. We’re the ones going on about it. I guess they should have standard clothes pre-picked out every day so that they don’t spend time choosing what to wear because it takes away from thinking about football? Or what to eat? Or what classes to take? Talk about a slippery slope.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Admit it pak…
    When you got to “What the cheerleaders wear”, you had an inexplicable urge to use the phrase “slippery slope”.
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Admit it pak…<br>
    When you got to “What the cheerleaders wear”, you had an inexplicable urge to use the phrase “slippery slope”.<br>
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I have no clue where the words in my head come from, so that seems as likely as anything.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Well, only speaking for moi – moi was joking about our fantastic historical performances when wearing black.

I don’t care what they wear … we’re good at losing in any color!

Greywolf
    Participant

Let them have some fun. Or would you prefer, “The floggings will continue until morale improves!”

Post of the week!

BJD95
    Keymaster

If we save them for “division on the line” occasion, it would by 2050 by then. And most of us would be dead.

Attaining bowl eligibility would be a very big deal for this team, and especially for the seniors for whom there is no “next year.”

And hey, lookit DD co-opting the whole FUBU vibe!w

packbackr04
    Participant

sooo, 20 posts in and I am still confused as to what exactly that is on the jersey. Better question, Does ANYONE on here know what it is? Or like our good friend Carl so eloquently reminds us, does ‘none of this matter’?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZsRstQ_sI

Mike
    Participant

Black shirt, red numbers and NC State across the chest. What you see and are asking about are the gloves, when held together at the right angle are a Wolf.

Wufpacker
    Participant

sooo, 20 posts in and I am still confused as to what exactly that is on the jersey. Better question, Does ANYONE on here know what it is? Or like our good friend Carl so eloquently reminds us, does ‘none of this matter’?

Carl is correct, as usual.
    But it looks to me like the bright lights cast a shadow from the hands in front of the jersey onto the shiny black material.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Little help….could somebody please tell me how to post a pic in here? Got a something I’d love to share….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.