UNC Scandal through a UK Viewpoint

Home Forums All StateFansNation UNC Scandal through a UK Viewpoint

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    modobrew
    Participant

I found the following article kind of interesting. It’s nice to see other fanbases looking deeper into the UNC Scandal and noticing that the NCAA is avoiding punishing them like the plague. Only time will tell. Nice to see the Raleigh N&O getting some love from blue nation.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2015/4/27/8502327/has-north-carolina-reached-the-eve-of-destruction

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Syracuse, Miami and other schools should also be taking notice of the consistently deferential treatment by the NCAA.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Read the comments to reinforce why you despise all things Cheats.

TheCOWDOG

If it is of any solace, other schools HAVE taken notice.

A couple of month’s ago, I made a comment in a blog unassociated with NCSU.

I passed on some pretty well informed intake from a circle of “Old guard coaches,and NCAA admins.”

Their word was then, “UNC will not go down the drain.”

The money and influence of the holes, PARTICULARLY through ESPN,had the NCAA’s hands tied behind their back.

However, something is going on, as the new word on the street from last weekish is:

” They are going to get walloped.”

I hate yapping like this without naming sources, and it’s probably the first time in years that I’ve forayed to the issue.

This thing is complicated, if only because of the shear number of sports involved.

…And, sports/academia may not even be the greatest of issues yet to see daylight, in my opinion.

I roll with the Pack’s journey…And maybe, one day, get caught with my jaw agape.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

^ That’s encouraging news (not that I would wish any harm on another human being; which is why I conveniently consider UNC attendees/fans sub-human).

From a $$$$ standpoint, I get that the NCAA would be reluctant to harm someone like UNC. Makes perfect sense (although it’s a shame a “non-profit” should have to sacrifice doing what’s right for the sake of money). But they can only hold out until they themselves are threatened. As long as the threat is to UNC only, the NCAA can stand by silently because if UNC goes down, the NCAA stands to lost. They can only keep that up until the problem gets bigger than UNC and starts to come back on them. They probably are not going to sacrifice themselves all for the sake of UNC. They’re not going to go down for UNC on principle. Even the lowest of the low has some principles – looking out for #1. The question is, what will force the NCAA’s hand (or has it been forced?) and make them realize that they have to act on UNC or risk getting hurt themselves. They certainly can’t keep punishing other high-profile schools while ignoring UNC. Waiting to see if SACS will punish them could be a convenient way for them to wipe their hands of it and say that they’ve already received just punishment.
    I also get that this is not a simple matter at all. There’s so much going on, if they really wanted to get to the bottom of it and dole out punishment, it’s going to take a while. The question is, who are they tasking to get to the bottom of it? Inspector Clouseau or Jack Bauer (yes, I realize Jack Bauer is not a detective, but he sure knows how to get answers)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.