UNC McCants admits to sham classes during 2005 Championship

Home Forums All StateFansNation UNC McCants admits to sham classes during 2005 Championship

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

“It’s Friday, Bitches” ESPN “Outside the Lines” was able to speak with Rashad McCants about his time at UNC and specifically about the No-Show AFAM cl
    [See the full post at: UNC McCants admits to sham classes during 2005 Championship]

4in12
    Participant

It will be interesting to see how they wiggle out of this one.

PoppaJohn
    Participant

Suggestion to the editorial staff – start a new weekly Friday update called “It’s Friday, Bitches!!!”. That would be the best!

BTW – great article, can’t wait for the next shoe to drop

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Why don’t they just go ahead and simulate the rest of McCants classes and mail him the diploma? Surely that would help him be more satisfied with his academic experience or lack thereof. It’s gonna be hard not to be a McCants fan from now on. I eat this gourmet cupcake in honor of you, Rashad.

packof81
    Participant

Bubba Cunnigham said, ” I welcome the opportunity to speak with Rashad McCants about returning to UNC to continue his academic career …”

Translation: We wish he would have come back down here before shooting his mouth off to the press so we can straighten his ass out on a few things.

Deacon Blues
    Participant

The NCAA was right, there is no LOIC. This is total “Control”

“we’re going to be able to change a class from, you know, your summer session class and swap it out with the class that you failed, just so the GPA could reflect that you are in good standing.”

MP
    Participant

Translation: We wish he would have come back down here before shooting his mouth off to the press so we can straighten his ass out on a few things.

LOL

MrPlywood
    Participant

…”than has been portrayed by Mr. McCants and others.”

And others? More than one rogue is a trend, right?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

All I GOTT to say about that is…

“Jump On IT! Holes…”

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Rashad McCants vaults into the pantheon of all-time favorite Holes by simply being honest.

(Pantheon of all-time favorite Holes isn’t really a thing, you know … just sayin’).

Wulfpack
    Participant

Not only could McCants’ accusations shake the UNC basketball program to its core currently, but it could potentially lead to the school having to forfeit its 2005 national championship over Illinois if any type of hard evidence of fraud is discovered by the NCAA.

Roy’s response is also in this article but I can’t seem to import it:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2088244-rashad-mccants-discusses-alleged-academic-fraud-during-time-at-north-carolina?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Wufpacker
    Participant

As usual, Roy’s response can be boiled down to this:

MrPlywood
    Participant

“A copy of McCants’ university transcript, labeled “unofficial” and obtained by “Outside the Lines,” shows that in his non-African-American Studies classes, McCants received six C’s, one D and three F’s. In his African-American Studies classes, 10 of his grades were A’s, six B’s, one a C, and one a D. The UNC registrar’s office declined to send McCants an official, signed transcript because of a May 2005 hold on its release. According to the UNC Athletic Department, McCants had university property that had never been returned.”

Didn’t one of the recent unX baseball players have a similarly stunning academic turnaround once he took a summer full of AA Studies courses?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Why do we even care? McCants isn’t saying anything we, or the NCAA didn’t already know.

If the NCAA hasn’t done anything by now, they’re not going to do anything.

Gowolves
    Participant

Couple of thoughts…

Need one more basketball player to come forward. NCAA still won’t investigate unless more come forward.

Not surprised that dbag David Glenn made little to no mention of the latest news. Can’t stand that guy!

ryebread
    Participant

Sadly, I agree. Nothing is going to happen from the NCAA.

I do think it is fantastic. At least it is getting so obvious that the most diehard and isolated UNC people can’t deny it. That’s a win.

NCSU88
    Participant

“I eat this gourmet cupcake in honor of you, Rashad.” +1 Internet to you PackerinRussia. Way to bring it full circle.

“The UNC registrar’s office declined to send McCants an official, signed transcript because of a May 2005 hold on its release. According to the UNC Athletic Department, McCants had university property that had never been returned.” That could just be an unpaid parking ticket. Just sayin’

“Didn’t one of the recent unX baseball players have a similarly stunning academic turnaround once he took a summer full of AA Studies courses?” That would be LHP Hobbs Johnson, now playing in the Milwaukee Brewers organization. Did not graduate.

Man, I’ve been following this stuff, too long.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Some of ya’ll may not be looking at this right… idk…

One’s memory in old age is a beetch… as some here know, me included…

The plain fact is… Uncle Roy has mucked up big time…. and the firestorm on that will far exceed anything on the academic side of the street.

Somewhere there is at least one Coach…. who would love to “help” Uncle Roy retire…. maybe as close as eight miles… idk…
    Somewhere there is an email or something regarding no-show clases with BCC: Uncle Roy….

Just a matter of time…

Uncle Roy should just said… “You know that was a while back… and the years are getting kinda blurry and I can’t say one way or the other way what anybody said or didn’t say nine years ago.

Hell fellows… anybody’s else wife tell you that you don’t remember what she said last week?? I know mine does.

Much more… NINE f’ing years ago.

Early odds at 2 to 1 … Uncle Roy will not be on the Hole’s bench when the season starts in late November.

Any takers??

Head on over to Idiot Central for the meltdown… it’s better than Lizard Lick Towing…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tuckerdorm1983
    Participant

I have already been talking to my UNX friends and they say Rashad is a head case and nothing he says carries any weight.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Different day, same strategy… Cheaters. Hansbrough’ chicken little YouTube video should have been enough evidence anyway.

Still happy news.

Pack78
    Participant

Need one more basketball player to come forward. NCAA still won’t investigate unless more come forward.

Believe Mary Willingham has said just this week that more players will be coming forward…

redcanine
    Participant

Does the NCAA have a RICO statute?

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Bubba, page 10A 6.7.14 N&O…”I encourage Mr. McCants to speak with Mr. Wainstein”

Translation: Wainstein is a tool in our pocket.

Williams, same edition…”I have spent 63 years on this earth trying to do the right things the right way and the picture he portrays is not fair to the university or me”

Translation: I am a victim

John Infante, NCAA rules expert, same edition…”If UNC does not consider steering athletes toward the no show classes to be a violation of academic policies, the NCAA cannot even start the process of finding an academic fraud violation”

Translation: They figured out how to beat the system….and they gave it a name…The Carolina Way

SaccoV
    Participant

That last quote, JG78, is just mind-boggling. So logically, the university can negate any investigation of compliance by refusing to regard it as an academic violation? We allow no-show classes to our students in order to maintain eligibility which we do not consider a case of academic fraud; therefore, the governing body is not allowed to investigate us.

EdGrimley12
    Participant

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.