UNC Football coach, Larry Fedora admits to not caring about players academics

Home Forums All StateFansNation UNC Football coach, Larry Fedora admits to not caring about players academics

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

WOW! When they don’t have the value of controlling the questions and the media you never know what honesty you are going to get. Larry Fedora talking
    [See the full post at: UNC Football coach, Larry Fedora admits to not caring about players academics]

mhcstatefan
    Participant

Not that I want to give him any credit but this may be more of a strategic comment. He probably wants off the Titanic(flagship).

13OT
    Participant

Hat’s Off To Larry (Fedora).

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

@mhcstatefan: if Fedora wants to leave UNC, this isn’t going to help him get another head coaching job somewhere else.

In fact, right now, any coach associated with UNC football is going to be smelling of the taint that surrounds that program right now.

Greywolf
    Participant

The hat must be suffering from Red Bull withdrawal. I think he’s taking this telling the truth a bit too far.

WTNY
    Participant

Of course the real comparison is dadgum Ol’ Roy. He has been the coach since, what, 2004? I think that’s during the AFAM scandal window, no?

Let’s substitute some names:

Ross’s report faulted Williams for failure to provide adequate oversight of players’ academic progress and for encouraging course loads designed to maintain athletic eligibility rather than to form “a coherent program of study.”

Hmmm. That does work!

NCSU84
    Participant

From CNN:

Willingham also said she believes it took so many years and six previous investigations because “this is the flagship of the university system and of the state, and to admit we did anything wrong was too difficult. There is a level of arrogance here, and that’s part of the culture.”

(Now that statement is priceless)

PackerInRussia
    Participant

They’re so on the defensive over there that Larry was probably just trying to communicate that there’s no way that there are any academic improprieties happening that he’s involved in or knows about. Problem is, he made his point of non-involvement a bit too strongly.

Tuffy2
    Participant

Just thinking back over the years on the double standards that seem to always apply for that Arkham Asylum institution over there makes me sick.

Larry Fedora might have hurt his college chances but not his professional chances. So after all that was said at the press conference one would assume Fedora is or should be gone If they practice what they preach over there according to the message I was getting. Of course it’s apples and oranges over there. Oh! One more thing. You better leave Roy out of it if you know what’s good for you.

BJD95
    Keymaster

This just reinforces what I’ve long thought. Fedora is the thattiest THAT GUY that ever there was.

Wolfman 9806
    Participant

Well written StateFans and dead on!

Hungwolf
    Participant

But Fedora can tell you who hazed your son!

PapaJohn
    Participant

Colin Cowherd on “The Herd” this morning. “This went on for 18 years! 18 years of academic fraud!!! If you don’t give the death penalty for that, what do you give it for?”

We know the NCAA is too gutless to do it. They’ve already restored Penn State’s bowl eligibility after the most horrendous scandal in NCAA history. Because of good behavior????

I hate those guys.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Ha… it’s all cause two days ago I tweeted this…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BrickyardMayhem
    Participant

It’s funny that Collin CowTurd made that response in regards to the Tarholes. Not too long ago when Mary and Rashad came out with their story, he said that “none of this was even news worth wasting anytime time on”

Pack78
    Participant

‘Hi-I’m Larry (Fedora), and this is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl…’

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.