Tyler Lewis transferring….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Tyler Lewis transferring….

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

It goes both ways…

This is exactly what I’m saying….

GOTT’s got his expectations…
    Kid’s GOTT theirs…

But all of that should have been pretty much worked out before the first practice…

Any of you guys ever had any Sales Management experience ???

Did your ever have a situation where your best salesman also had the highest rate of returns/cancellations/customer service issues in the company ?

This is starting to smell like “sloppy selling” to this old salesman…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Ultimately, Bill, the coach has to be able to mold that player. Think Sulaimon at Duke. He coulda left, but K was able to keep him, and he had a solid year.

packalum44
    Participant

BJD we have ONLY 2 ball handlers next year (and I haven’t seen Trevor’s handles frankly)…this isn’t a *shrug* type of loss. We lost UNC and Cuse’ GAME last year b/c we didn’t handle the ball well in late game situations. This is a game of inches and losing key starters HURTS.

This just further reinforces my analysis of Gott. Enjoy bubble teams and using Chipotlaway b/c we’re going to have lots of dirty undies over the next several years.

packalum44
    Participant

Tyler improved more last season than Cat (he didn’t play his 1st season thanks Gott). Imagine how good he’ll be once he gains some strength and starts hitting his floaters and shots….b/c he will. Just not for us. *sigh*

So next year the excuse…well we are young we lost Tyler and TJ who would have been juniors. Our starting PG mind you. HE STARTED b/c HE WAS BETTER!!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Remember, I’m one who would be willing to “upgrade” to Arch Miller tomorrow, and take the media hit. I don’t find MG perfect at all.

I just don’t think WBS was willing to share the position, and he at least strongly hinted as such in his media comments this season. Since he’s NOT better than Cat, something had to give.

Lacey was a starting PG at Alabama, but he wants to play 2. It’s fair to assume he will be a good secondary ballhandler.

We will be in VERY big trouble if Cat gets hurt, as you don’t want to play Des at PG more than 5-10 mpg.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I promise you Lewis will end up at a smaller school. He’s not a “first division” starter, in baseball lingo.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… What are ya’ll gonna say WHEN ANTHONY transfers after next season is over ??

BJD95
    Keymaster

I will say we need to fire MG, whether Arch is in the bag as a replacement or not. I promise.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ultimately .. everything is the Coach’s responsibility….

including the following:
    1. building a common set of short and long term expectations with each player…
    2. keeping commitments to players…
    3. ensuring that all of your Staff does the same…

That said, if any Coach promises any player… the moon, first class seats and unlimited playing time…
    he just promised/guaranteed himself a big pile of headaches…

Just ask Cal…

redisgood
    Participant

remember this video? The lies start at 7:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3_UZtb0EUc

Not only is it not a huge red flag, it isn’t even a pink handkerchief. How many D1 transfers were there last year, 500? It’s just a fact of life. Through the course of a 4 year cycle, 40% of all D1 players transfer. Why would our program be immune? Blame the coach? Hardly.

Edit: not sure how this ended up here. I meant to attach it to 44’s irrational ranting.

Wulfpack
    Participant

But Cal has shown he can afford to do that. His players are totally expendable. If they don’t produce quickly, they are out. And sadly, that is why he is so darn good.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… beej…

When Anthony transfers after next season… I’ll say this… “you won’t have to… GOTT will fire himself…”

redisgood
    Participant

Cat is not transferring. I know this with 100% certainty. Tyler lost the war.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Call this number…
    (937) 229-4454

Tell him to come on and bring a good point guard with him….
    ‘Cause we ain’t GOTT one anymore… and it’s gonna take a whole season for Anthony to learn and practice until he forgets everything he needs to do… if he can do it…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Cat is not transferring. I know this with 100% certainty. Tyler lost the war.

I’m glad to hear this. Been trying to get confirmation the past 75ish minutes.

The best case scenario is that MG basically had to pick one, and he picked Cat. As 99% of high major coaches would do if keeping both isn’t somehow possible.

WBS is a very good backup PG for a power conference team (NCAAT caliber), or a solid starter at the mid-major level. I always got the impression he felt he should be starting and playing 30-35 mpg here, and that’s just not realistic (in my view). As such, best to part ways. He’ll find a good landing spot.

I’m 100% on board for scouring the waiver wire for Alex Johnson v2.0

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m 100% on board for scouring the waiver wire for Alex Johnson v2.0

^THIS…

I also understand Kevin Ware might be available…

BJD95
    Keymaster

There is precious little more I would like better for NC State basketball than to clone an Alex Johnson before every season. A senior, locker room respected voice, happy to play his 10 minutes and more when needed. Steady defense and a reasonable 3-point shot. What’s not to love?

redisgood
    Participant

Devonte Graham may be in play if and when he gets his release from App. He won’t play for them under any circumstances, so the only question beside where will he end up is, will he have to sit a year or be eligible to play immediately. I think it is a bit of a long shot for getting him, but it is a possibility.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Through the course of a 4 year cycle, 40% of all D1 players transfer.

hey red… I ain’t doubting you one bit on this… but you Gott a source? More importantly, have you a gott a trend for this stat over say the last 10 years…

I’m curious how the 40% looks over a longer time frame…

Sweet jumper
    Participant

Wow. We suffered through Javi playing all those minutes and dribbling out the shot clock for four years. Now we lose a smart capable point guard due to either unrealistic expectations on his part or a rift with the coaching staff. This is getting old. Gott to start recruiting dedicated 4 year players who are loyal to the program and have a clear understanding of where they stand and what they need to do to increase their position in the rotation.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. Dog… You remember those traps in the corner late in a couple of key games you were fussing about ???

All this kinda throws a new light on all that …. doesn’t it??

redisgood
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>redisgood wrote:</div>
    Through the course of a 4 year cycle, 40% of all D1 players transfer.

hey red… I ain’t doubting you one bit on this… but you Gott a source? More importantly, have you a gott a trend for this stat over say the last 10 years…

I’m curious how the 40% looks over a longer time frame…

The rough numbers are, 4,500 D1 scholarship players, and around 450 a year transfer, so that is 1,800 transfers over a 4 year cycle. That’s 40%. I think transfers have been trending up, but I don’t have a feel for how much.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^so you’re looking at numbers for all varsity sports not just D1 (upper level) basketball…

…did you count Ryan Harrow one time or three times ??

—————

hey guys…

dontworryaboutit24 ….

CUZ is gonna play Point Guard next year !!!

redisgood
    Participant

^so you’re looking at numbers for all varsity sports not just D1 (upper level) basketball…

…did you count Ryan Harrow one time or three times ??

—————

hey guys…

dontworryaboutit24 ….

CUZ is gonna play Point Guard next year !!!

No, I was just referring to D1 basketball. And you are right, guys like Harrow skew the numbers.

Manada de lobos
    Participant

To be fair to Gott out of the 7 transfers only 2 were truly his players…Purvis and DeThay. All the rest were Lowe recruits. Now if any of the current players leave then we Gott a problem!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.