Tiggers in the House Tonite 9pm…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Tiggers in the House Tonite 9pm…

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

We need to work on inbounding the ball in late game situations. At least Keatts took that TO.

This observation would have been brilliant — had it been made before the last 2 minutes of the game. Made after the game it almost insults our intelligence.

If any of us have ever coached at any level, we know that teams have multiple coaching and/or training needs. You could say that the games are played to see what we need to practice or teach. Before last night’s game we had many needs (and still do) with a higher priority than the last 2 minutes when we are ahead by 6 or 8 points.

Keatts is exceeding expectations. Let the man do his thing.

tractor57
    Participant

Keats has managed to deal with issues as they arrive. Obviously end of game stuff is far from perfect but at least we now have a reasonable chance of hitting those late game free throws. I’m with Grey let the man do his thing. From what I have seen so far he is doing very well.

YogiNC
    Participant

I just couldn’t stand to watch and cut off the TV when they called timeout @ 78-77. I was pretty sure it was headed to OT. I was really shocked when I saw the final this AM. Y7 was a LOAD. He coulda banged one home from Hillsborough St. In future games if the inside big has to slide out to cover him that could really open up the lane. KK went through a tough stretch when Johnson was MIA. Hopefully his return will just mean really good things down the road.

Smarter than the average bear

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Fixing that inbounds play thing late in a game has very low percentages of success due to the infamous “White Line”…

I’m sure they’ll spend 15 minutes in practice on THAT this afternoon… most likely with Y7 at the controls…

I ain’t b#tching… just still amazed and damn proud that we had a double digit lead with Two Minutes to play against a TEAM that beat us badly just 11 days ago…

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    rthomas44
    Participant

The other great point to make is that the conference has more than two really good teams. There are alot of great games to look forward to and State will be right there. Keatts is a very good coach. He was great in the CAA and he will do it again in the ACC.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

We need to work on inbounding the ball in late game situations. At least Keatts took that TO.

This observation would have been brilliant — had it been made before the last 2 minutes of the game. Made after the game it almost insults our intelligence.

If any of us have ever coached at any level, we know that teams have multiple coaching and/or training needs. You could say that the games are played to see what we need to practice or teach. Before last night’s game we had many needs (and still do) with a higher priority than the last 2 minutes when we are ahead by 6 or 8 points.

Keatts is exceeding expectations. Let the man do his thing.

Touche. It wasn’t meant to insult our intelligence, but merely to point out a weakness I’ve seen, not just with this team last night, but on other nights this season and last season. Keatts so much as said the same thing in his post game presser. Another thing to work on is rebounding in general. None of our bigs ever have big rebounding games, at least not consistently. I mean, 6 boards, Abu? Yurt7 with 4? Though, he scored the ball lights out. Dorn, a guard, is our top rebounder. That’s weird to me. So merely pointing out things that would help us to keep leads, extend them, even when there are ten minutes left in the game. We’re great at applying defensive pressure. Saw that last night. But we also have our issues when it’s applied on us.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Keats has managed to deal with issues as they arrive. Obviously end of game stuff is far from perfect but at least we now have a reasonable chance of hitting those late game free throws. I’m with Grey let the man do his thing. From what I have seen so far he is doing very well.

Wait, did I initially say anything bad about Keatts? He’s done a bang-up job, more than I expected, and I think he has great character. However, I’d like to close out games without having a heart attack. That’s a little bit of coaching, but I also think it’s mostly the players executing properly.

Greywolf
    Participant

Wait, did I initially say anything bad about Keatts? He’s done a bang-up job, more than I expected, and I think he has great character. However, I’d like to close out games without having a heart attack. That’s a little bit of coaching, but I also think it’s mostly the players executing properly.

You’re cool. Our need to work on inbounding the ball in late game situations was just so obvious that it was almost insulting to point it out. I shouldn’t have said anything and I apologize.

We do have team needs and Keatts IMO should be working from his list of priorities to coach, which isn’t necessarily the same as our list if priorities. That’s what I mean by letting the man do his thing.

I wonder what Keatts thoughts are about Allerik Freeman. You can’t just tell a player not to shoot so much even if you think those thoughts. KK seems to be doing a great job with team chemistry. Whatever he’s doing is working.

Go Pack!

tractor57
    Participant

WW I agree the end game stuff does need some attention. Yes is does get a bit pedantic but you are also correct. Like Grey there maybe other teams dynamics that are more important. As long as KK is coach it is his to prioritize. So far what I have seen is progress – weaknesses yes but they also seem to be reacted to by KK. I’m impressed by him but I was with Gott his first year. I have the feeling that this will turn out better. Roster has been a nightmare with all the stuff from Beverly to Markel to Kirk (add in Abu’s recovery from the knee problem).

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… and it could be true that they’ve worked on that ‘end of game / out of bounds’ thing in practice a whole lot more than we know…

AND it was nothing more than the “WHITE LINE” that got in our heads…
    AND it could have the rowdy home court crowd that our kids did NOT want to disappoint…
    Sometimes, noise cuts both ways…

I’m thinking, once you’ve put your hand close enough to the fire to feel the heat — you don’t stick your hand in the fire the next time…

<end of conversation, as far as we should be concerned.. yes — we have BIGGER problems to work on >

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.