The Washington Redskins finally drop offensive name

Home Forums StateFans Football The Washington Redskins finally drop offensive name

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

Dan Snyder, owner of the NFL Redskins, has announced that the team is dropping “Washington”from the team name, and it will henceforth be simply known as, “The Redskins.”

It was reported that he finds the word ‘Washington’ imparts a negative image of poor leadership, mismanagement, corruption, cheating, lying, and graft, and is not a fitting role-model for young fans of football.

Pack78
    Participant

Good one, Grey…and SO TRUE!

Adventuroo
    Participant

Likewise, due to the SAME brand (and party flavor), the Bears have also dropped Chicago from their logo. However, since the fix if in for the Cubs to “take” the World Series, they are opting to keep Chicago…

YES….we need some levity….and here is my contribution…..

I HOPE (fear?) that many of the SFN might have listened or heard some of Jerry Clower’s comedy routines. If NOT, here is one to ponder….

It is titled “Knock him out, John”. It is filled with some real southern culturisms….many of which, growing up in rural Catawba County and also spending 3 years in North Hampton County, I can relate to. I deer hunted with dogs up there and some of the characters still exist. It, to me, is well worth the time spent listening to it….for the humor….but how about a different twist….

John Eubanks is TRUMP or Daffy Duck as BOTB has dubbed him. The Lynx (thought to have been a raccoon) whom Jerry describes as a Wild Cat on Steroids (could not catch all the audio….I THINK that is what he said) is Clinton….or Queen Bee (QB) per Bill’s playbill.

Their ensuing battle is a combination of bluster and screeches….now THAT is really true. Jerry and his buddies were out hunting on private property and ran into the owner that joined them (Mr. Baron). Mr. Baron (whom I thought that Jerry in one version called “Captain”) carried a side arm for dispatching pesky reptiles that are bent on inflicting pain and agony. Having hunted in deer stands in swamps, I, too, carried a side arm…a .44 Magnum loaded with shot as well as hollow points. 3 each.

The crowd below is pulling for John to “Knock him out…” or to throw out the raccoon (QB) so the “dogs” will have a fair shot at him. Jerry justifies how John is actually a conservationist and will not “dispatch” a raccoon with a fired projectile. John is also your basic Don Quoixote in that he has the utmost confidence and will be successful at anything he attempts (climbing a tree using his toenails and fingernails as spikes to get to the first branch). The raccoon is not a helpless creature, but a night maurader that raids garbage cans and such….

NOW, bearing that in mind….listen to the audio. Also note Jerry’s two forms of Entertainment….and that he works all the time….

If this is funny, you are welcome….if it is dumb, it is early….if it is offensive….so are the TV ads for both of them.

We, the collective voters, are Mr. Baron. We WILL shoot up amongst them….as WE NEED RELIEF….let the game begin….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^check that….

DD — DonaldDick
    QB — QueenB#tch

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    YogiNC
    Participant

Roo, as a long time Jerry Clower fan that is my favorite. Played his bits many a time on the 1000 watter AM I began my career on. It was block formatting so that worked from time to time. FUNNY, FUNNY stuff and nothing vulgar in it. For another great one the “woman liberator” could easily fit the QB. I have regaled many of his bits from time to time when the situation was appropriate. He played defensive tackle for Miss. State. His story about playing Clemson is rip roaring funny. Thanks for the morning chuckle, I needed that. One of my favorite expressions “Grave yard dead.”

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.