The Unofficial 'We Don't Care" ACCT2017 Thread….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball The Unofficial 'We Don't Care" ACCT2017 Thread….

Viewing 22 posts - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

2) new age ACC member i.e. hasn’t earned the right to be ACC champ

They’ve already won one.

GoldenChain
    Participant

I realize that Wulf and I still don’t think they earned it. That was like their 1st year in the league.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Don’t matter….what you look at the W & L records. ND did it. I was at the Tourney but sold the final game for a small profit and watched it in the motorhome in the Coliseum parking lot.

Sort of like how many folks know the storyline behind NCSU V Pepperdine out WHERE? W went in the books…and Harrick became the UCLA coach….not very ethical…but still he won..

It will be interesting to see Mikey vs Mike.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I realize that Wulf and I still don’t think they earned it. That was like their 1st year in the league.

Enlighten me, kind sir.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

bLACK AND gREEN AND i dONT cARE….

I do enjoy hearing Bilas complain about the zebras…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Sh#t geting thick both off the court and on up in Brooklyn..
    ACCT still means something to some folks…

POP!!!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Guh, the infographic about teams “not” winning four games at the tourney, State going 3-1 twice, losing to the Holes both times. Shut up Bilas.

pakfanistan
    Participant

There is no justice in this world.

BJD95
    Keymaster

You had ONE JOB, Green Pedarests. Now go die in a fire, already.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Devils smiling as they leave Brooklyn… bringing it back to Tobacco Road…
    Coach Rat jumps the Nose in most ACCT victories…

The PACK will be BACK!
    Never give up….

Cubbies won the World Series!!!

POP!!!

tractor57
    Participant

for Gott

JeremyH
    Participant

So how did they pull this off? Was it the unexpected lightweight pressure that burned of 8 seconds of the shot clock? This win was about coaching. With Duke it’s like they make you think you’re in the game, before they take over.

BJD95
    Keymaster

ND chucks up a bunch of 3s, eventually they started missing. And Duke made their clutch shots down the stretch.

JeremyH
    Participant

You’re right, Vasturia and Beachum jacked up a bunch of missed threes, which I didn’t get, you attack a tired team. At the end only Farrell and Colson wanted the ball. But it was Duke going inside, Tatum and that other guy that spurned us. But right overall they were clutch, NC State and Carolina don’t really have good shooters, Duke does. As does UVA.

Fastback68
    Participant

The spurner made the right choice.

JeremyH
    Participant

UNC still deserve that #1 seed?

YogiNC
    Participant

Roo, I remember the Pepperdine game like it was yesterday. I had just returned from my very first patrol on a submarine. Had to read small blurbs of Associated Press news feeds for scores and stories of State during the season. Came in just in time to watch the ACC tourney, which state HAD to win. Then came “the game”, and what followed the next year was the Jimmy V rule. V put those guys on the line for 1 & 1’s FOREVER and won in triple overtime. It was 3:30 AM in Charleston SC (where I had been watching for almost 3.5 hours for the game to end). I have no idea how many guys had fouls left to give but it weren’t much. Most say the final against Houston was V mastery, they forgot that had V not won that first game State wouldn’t have been in the final, much less won.

I had guys giving me 20 pts against Phi Slamma, Tuesday morning they were all hiding. One guy gave me 10 to 1 on a straight up for a fiver. In 83 half a sawbuck bought a VERY nice steak dinner for two.

Smarter than the average bear

Pack78
    Participant

Rhode Island takes out Wade and VCU 70-63…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Was it just me or did anyone see the Duke player in bounding the ball in the last minute with the score tied step over the line in bounds whilst still holding the ball (i.e. committing a turnover) and not get called? I swear I saw it but never a mention or complaint about it.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The play on the baseline right, at ND’s end? I thought I saw him step on the line then pull it back.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

The play on the baseline right, at ND’s end? I thought I saw him step on the line then pull it back.

Yup.. i could have swore I seen him step his foot in bounds and pull it back before passing the ball.. they never showed a replay and announcers didn’t even mention it. I was admittedly a few beers deep at that point though.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Pepperdine….let me extoll the ways. My family got superstitious. Even though we had a very nice VHS (only one in the neighborhood and my kid were the STARS), I was NOT allowed to VHS the ACC Tourney. I DID record the Post Game.

Then I started recording everything about the team….including the Prepper Peppredine. At the END, my 13 YO son told me I had Jinxed them. We had my BIL and his new bride down for the night. FINALLY, it was over. And we survived and advanced.

Recorded the run and all the WRAL and WTVD specials and the Jimmy V shows and such….I gave Sidney Lowe DVD’s of that whole event. His mom told me that she had never seen some of them. Brought back some fond memories.

When the WP went to the Final Four, I called my new BIL’s wife, who is 3rd Generation NCSU Grad. I told I wanted to go and to talk my cheap @$$ BIL into it. I started working on my wife….finally it was almost an ultimatum. My BIL’s wife and I ALMOST took off and went….but the family overruled us…something about Bundling Beds not being in the ABQ Holiday Inn. To THIS DAY….that is the ONE thing that I regretted NOT DOING….

Thanks for the memory….

Viewing 22 posts - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.