The Unofficial 'We Don't Care" ACCT2017 Thread….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball The Unofficial 'We Don't Care" ACCT2017 Thread….

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Fastback68
    Participant

Cards pissed it away on shot selection and free throws.

BJD95
    Keymaster

well, I am done watching this tourney

TheCOWDOG

See…Ya ain’t supposed to care thread. That’s why I refuse to post a damn thing!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^paradoxical non sequitur….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

A blue is guaranteed to be in Saturday’s final. Blech.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Jaime Dixon’s Horned Frogs take down the Jayhawks.

tractor57
    Participant

Rock, chalk – nevermind.

marinewolf
    Participant

NY City all shiney and glitter, the lights flashing, it looks so pretty-then the next morning you see how dirty and nasty it is-reminds me of L.A.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Blues + Noles + Irish + NYC == still don’t care…

but I’m going with the Noles all the way….

JeremyH
    Participant

Virginia got to experience what its like to play against a rested team. The difference between a 4 and 5 seed is an entire day of rest vs. a game? They should just add one more ACC team. How about Indiana? Florida International?

Seriously though, I really like Virginia and Notre Dame, plenty of guys that are basketball players first (athletes second), high IQ, tough D.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Watching the Fighting Archies come back strong in the A10 quarters. LOVE how they play, their intensity and movement.

Arch says he’s most proud of how his players improve every year, and dedicate themselves to same. Their chosen motto this year is “True Team.”

Wulfpack
    Participant

I heard Thad Matta went off about how the AD came out and felt the need to publicly support him.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18859347/ohio-state-buckeyes-thad-matta-upset-needed-ad-vote-confidence

I know he’s done well there. But he misses the tourney for the second year in a row.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Leaving teevee box on Minny/Sparty in case Miss Molly gets more face time. Yowza.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

POP!!!
    … and I don’t care… btw… Where’s DORIS???

Adventuroo
    Participant

Where is Doris? The more important question is “Where is Gottfried?”. BUT, according to all the “pundits”, there will be FEWER and also PAID LESS ESPN OAT’s within the next few months or rest of the year.

Sitting here in my RED NCSU Sweat Pants and Red NCSU Long Sleeve T….and trying to figure out how someone that obviously has his Cranium thoroughly inserted deep….as in DEEP STATE….into his rectum can coach BB. Maybe like folks that do quadruple integration and LaPlace Transforms, but can’t figure out how much change to give back to a customer that gave them 10.48 for a 9.13 purchase. ORW has LEFT the Reservation….don’t doubt he is a devoted son, father, grandfather and husband….but GOD is is STUPID.

Still hoping that the blues will chase each other up and down the court so many times that they turn in Blue Gatorade Concentrate….Ghee from the Banned Tale about Sambo….

Anybody hear the WRAL “OATs” sent to Brooklyn chat about the scalpers. Tickets were priced at $500 on the high end and $160 or so on the low end. I usually sold my Final game for about 3X face if I was not interested in the outcome. BUT, when it was in DC, I made out like the proverbial Bandito. I sold my final game for 4X face. On the way back to son’s apartment, there was a dude on the phone in the Metro that was bragging to a buddy that he got a ticket for ONLY 5X face. Different world than G’boro…

Crowd sounds Pro-UNC….thought that the Dookie NJ Alumni Association would have bought up all of them and were there is fine voice. Can’t decide WHO to pull for in the second game….but whoever it is, they will be MY team tomorrow….

JeremyH
    Participant

Don’t ask why, watching Indiana vs Wisc in person at Verizon Center. Badgers travel well, Hoosiers don’t. It’s a sea of red with Wisc beating up Indiana, and the twerps on deck. Bleh

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The more important question is “Where is Gottfried?”.

POP!!!
    …and who cares…. Where’s DORIS???

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

From UP 14 to DOWN 10 ===
    Meltdown over at IdiotCentral…

Carolina BigBoys shoot their wad early and…
    Uncle Roy catching grief for keeping Joel on the bench and not calling enough TOs…

plus there’s that Big Cocktail Party thing…
    Uncle Roy says the ACCT is more trouble than it’s worth…
    Obviously… Coach Rat disagrees….

Who cares???

Fastback68
    Participant

Doris is busy tossing gott’s salad.

choppack1
    Participant

That was fun.

First off, let’s face it, Kennard should have been a durn near unanimous MVP for the league.

The fact that Jackson won MVP shows just how grossly negligent act journalists are. It’s the perfect example why some of us respect drug dealers more than these fanboys.

choppack1
    Participant

Whoa swofford looking and sounding rough.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Post Duke Comeback and RANDOM thoughts….

I totally agree that Swoff looked like he spent way too much time at the cocktail party between the sessions. BUT, his comments perked my curiosity. I had a “now WAIT a MINUTE….” moment.

Swoff said that Barclays had EXCEEDED their lofty expectations.

Factoids for consideration.

Barclays has a BB capacity of 17,732.

Greensboro is Approximately 23,500. SO, we went to New Yawk City for a 24.5% DECREASE in the Venue Size.

Greensboro was SOLD OUT for most of the PRE (2009) Crash. BUT it averaged 20,800 for the last three concurrent sessions. That was down less than 10% from the heydays. SO, the Barclays is SMALLER.

Barclays is owned by a RUSKIE…..That’s right, Boy and Girls and In-Transit, a card carrying Commie. You know the ones that a certain party are having McCarthy papulations over don’t WANT ANYTHING to do with “their kind”.

I remembered a LONG controversy when Swoff scheduled them. I believe that I actually wrote a “What is wrong with this picture” email to AD Yow asking HOW the Conference could justify playing in a foreign owned (by a stated enemy of FREE ELECTIONS) entity. She sort of blew me off….in other words, NOT a direct answer.

BTW, in case some think this is a “SNOPES” candidate….go to the NCAA’s OFFICIAL BB attendance by year. Click on any year and scroll down….the various tournaments are listed there and the ACC is always #1 when in Greensboro….save one time in the past 15 years. When in Atlanta or Charlotte or DC, it drops down…save one year in ATL.

Google Barclays Center for the name of the Russian Businessman that holds the deed…

Other little factoid….it is considered the WORST venue for Ice Hockey….as they went “cheap”. Used PVC rather than metal for the cooling coils. Will not hold the temps required by the NHL. THAT is in the Wiki Article.

As to the outcome of the Blues Battle. I am more happy that Old Mikey pulled it out. ORW has gotten on my nerves as of late with his tangents. I SURE hope that ND (as they are up substantially) can take down DOOK.

The Sunday pairings are going to be interesting….KU done went TU…wonder how the committee will hand out the seeds….or, maybe like BotB, they will just “cast them into the wind” and see where they land…

Mikey versus Brey…..Mentor versus Protege…who will win?

Leonard do NOT look Happy….The FSU and ND players sure are “chummy”. Mikey would NOT permit that….even if Dook was up 16 points….but you NEVER know….I think that Mr. Luckie of Tweeting Fame is one of the Zebs….

BassPacker
    Participant

Jordan has a new t shirt out:

Ceiling
    Roof
    Duke

GoldenChain
    Participant

I guess I’m just too old.
    I remember Digger Phelps and his total and outspoken disdain for the ACC during his coaching career at ND.
    Just can’t hope they to be Duke.

1) Digger Phelps
    2) new age ACC member i.e. hasn’t earned the right to be ACC champ

Duke
    1) V was a true friend of V and new disses on State so I see him as a honorable competitor
    2) Duke fans not nearly as obnoxious
    3) need someone strong enough to negate roywonderboy and unx
    4) I know it would just PO the unx crowd to see Duke win and go 2 up on the number of ACCT crowns

I’m going to the Hornets game but I hope Duke wins.

choppack1
    Participant

Yesterday’s games were interesting.

2 games of small ball vs. tall ball. In both cases, the small ball teams won. They spread out the bigs and dribble drivEd and killed their opponent from the 3 point line?.

Brey I proving himself quite the tournament coach lately.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.