The Time to take BC

Home Forums All StateFansNation The Time to take BC

Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Coach Dave said in his press conference that on the long run given up, that the linebackers were at fault.

ryebread
    Participant

Do you mean fourth?
    Clemson, day, Louisville

Rick:

I see the conference standings as a zero sum game. For every game won by a team, there’s a loss by another. It’s zero net sum in the end. Teams go up and down at the expense of others. Clemson is up in large part because FSU has stumbled. VT won the Coastal all those years because Miami didn’t meet the expectations the league had of them when they joined. Now Miami is pushing their way back to the top, and VT won’t be there. Shrugs.

For BC and NC State to be up, some are going to have to go down. I actually would have put Wake in this group, but I just don’t think they recruit well enough. The coaching staffs look about the same to me, but BC and NC State have recruiting and built in program advantages.

I think Petrino’s time at Louisville is coming to an end. He seems to get an itch or self implode. With this “protection” getting fired, then they can move on him if they want. I have to think that there are a lot of pointed questions happening about how they have so little to show for a Heisman winner. If Jackson goes to the NFL this year and they stumble again/more next year, that seat is going to get really hot.

Louisville isn’t a “can’t miss” football job. If they make the wrong hire, they’ll go straight to the bottom. I think it is very similar to Pitt or UNC — one with high upside but also no real floor.

ryebread
    Participant

Coach Dave said in his press conference that on the long run given up, that the linebackers were at fault.

Not surprising to hear him say it. Can’t go a game without pointing blame at a player. I’m sure some will argue it is a “culture of accountability” but I’m more about correcting people in private and personal accountability in public.

TheCOWDOG

They do need to read first. Interesting that he pulled Kidd-Glass right after the play, though.

I brought the question up on a site for former players. DBs blamed the safety and the LBs called out the backers.

* I just listened to the presser. He most certainly did say that the LBs were NOT in the proper alignment (Mac?). Note: He did not throw them under a bus, either.

McCallum
    Participant

I know what I saw at BC and Pratt took a wrong angle when all he had to do was stay off a yard or so and slide using his long arms to move blockers. Good linebackers read quickly, it almost can’t be taught. Jon Abbate of wake forest was the best I’ve seen at read, reactive and attack. He was “undersized” and “slow” but in a 7 yard by 7 yard box I don’t think I’ve seen any better. Stephen Tulloch is right in there as well. He was a beast to the ball, instinct-intelligence-aggression.

I’m looking for who is responsible. Maybe this is this best it will be at State at this time. The runs at ND, the middle trap against Clempson and the run a BC were killers. With the defensive line at State the lanes should be wide open.

The defense has to have safety nets. As TCD pointed out, losing a guy or two in the secondary is showing itself and the void is still there. Chubb up on a situational blitz from the middle was a new and nice twist.

McCallum

choppack1
    Participant

When a defense with a pretty good DL and experienced linebackers gives up long td runs from the same basic area in the field for 3 consecutive weeks, can we agree there may something going on that at least involves shared responsibility for the coaches?

redwolf87
    Participant

* I just listened to the presser. He most certainly did say that the LBs were NOT in the proper alignment (Mac?). Note: He did not throw them under a bus, either.

Hey Dawg,

Do you think that’s a dig at Hux? Sorry if I’m being Captain Obvious.

freshmanin83
    Participant

In the press conference Coach said he and Hux where both mad about that play about the LB improperly aligning themselves. Seemed genuinely frustrated. I guessed that it was something they have been emphasizing and they were still getting wrong. Maybe he was trying to get their attention about this particular thing. He went on to praise them for their hard work right after.

Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.