The Tilt

Home Forums StateFans Basketball The Tilt

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    coach13
    Participant

Did anyone see the egregious phantom foul call Duke’s Grayson Allen was awarded on a missed layup?
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/duke-grayson-allen-foul-flop-missed-layup

Also interesting, as aggressive as Duke plays defense, Tenn. St. didn’t go to the free throw line until 3 minutes left first half.

If it doesn’t exist, someone should create a website, let’s call it “The Tilt” (www.thetilt.com), where games are reviewed tip to buzzer, and every bad call or bad no-call is scored. Score it for one team or the other and at the end give the game a Tilt Factor. Do it with couple of un-bias judges. I don’t just mean for Duke and UNC games, but any games, although I’m sure Duke and UNC fans would absolutely despise such a site. Start off with NCAAB, go from there? Could end up being a money maker.

StateRed44
    Participant

Unfortunately its part of the game. If they can catch the obvious flop such as this during the game it should result in a bench warning. On an actual block/charge flop with contact, start letting it go….which it feels they have somewhat started.

Greywolf
    Participant

If they can catch the obvious flop such as this during the game it should result in a bench warning.

The NHL has the right idea. They call it embellishment and it’s a 2 minute penalty. If you are tripped and go down with the intention to influence the officiating, you get penalized for it. Send the other team to the foul line for a 1 and 1 when you flop and I believe we would see less flopping.

Benefiting from faking being fouled isn’t what the game of basketball is about IMO.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I saw that… phatom foul call…
    but I missed the flop with it…

Closest Ref had a bad angle…
    Rest of the Zebra’s apparently looking the other way… or scratching their nuts.. or something….
    Sh$t happens…
    Some places more than others…

Call did not affect the outcome of the game…
    this time.

Please NOBODY suggest this is a place for Instant Reply…
    The game is already F’d up enough because of that.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant

Hell.

I thought you were talking about pinball.

McCallum

freshmanin83
    Participant

Too bad the refs do not study those tendencies.

Fastback68
    Participant

It appears that jack weed gets hit low on the left leg and the right leg might of hyperextended if he had landed on it. Now, I wish this was a video of a Tenn State player tripping the —- out of Grayson resulting in a crushing skull hit into the support beam for the bb goal coupled with the choir boy “who me” that Allen presented after his tripping escapades from last year.

Coach13, I think you are on to something. Maybe a social media phenomenon because college referees have become that bad.

Rick
    Keymaster

And now Grayson “The mule” Allen kicks another player for a third time. K gets arrogant in the post game. Why would he not continue to do this? He has not been punished by K nor the ACC for either of the two infractions. This double standard is one of the big reasons I just don’t bother with college basketball anymore.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Well, it seems that Coach Rat finally got the gonads to discipline the little twerp. Watching the replay of this flagrant and intentional trip, Coach Rat obviously was left with no other choice. He’s suspended indefinitely. Their next game opens their ACC schedule @ Va Tech on 12-31 followed by a home game against Ga Tech on 1-4-17 and another home game against BC on 1-7-17. So, three games that they should easily handle without the jerk before heading to Tallahassee on 1-10-17 where I’m willing to bet his suspension will be over. That should teach the little serial tripper. Not. Bet he trips someone else before the season ends.

Rick
    Keymaster

I doubt he gets three games. I bet he is back after one. The “indefinite” suspension is just something to tell the media until this blows over.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

For those that didn’t see it, here is a link to the video of the trip and the hissy fit that he threw on the bench after the call.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/12/22/watch-dukes-grayson-allen-suspended-another-court-tripping-incident/

13OT
    Participant

It was interesting to me to hear Jay (Jason) Williams last night, when ESPN was talking about the trip, and the “dirty” Julius Hodge’s name came up. Of all the names he could have pulled up, why Hodge?

But no mention of the Chris Paul sucker punch to Hodge.

If respect came in human form for NC State, it would be Rodney Dangerfield.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Bet he trips someone else before the season ends.

Given the probably of this… anybody wanta go double or nothing on The Mule playing somewhere else or sitting out a season on somebody else’s bench next year?

Once thou hast fallen from grace and incurred the fullness of the wrath of Coach Rat… there is no coming back, only Purgatory or Hell. Ask Rasheed.

tractor57
    Participant

I suspect what happened is the university prez and the PR people had a word with K. Once Allen gets a chance, twice maybe, three times and he is on the outs as far as I’m concerned.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Locker Room talk ….

“High level Holes sent some very persuasive wiseguys to induce The Dook Mule along with big$$$ for that Kick and Tantrum in order to knock the 3rd LOA off the top headlines.”

#BeInvisible #DeflectandDefend #StoryThatNeverEnds #MamaTheyDontLikeMe

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The wrath of Coach Rat endureth forever…

After today’s 14 point loss on the road in Blacksburg…
    No forgiveness in clear sight….

E$pin reports…
    Suspended Grayson Allen ‘eliminated’ as one of Duke’s captains

McCallum
    Participant

K watches Hoosiers.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

it’s more likely that Coach Rat is a Patton fan, instead of a Hackman fan…

McCallum
    Participant

Kicking bottom is kicking bottom.

Hoosiers > Gott

McCallum

Rick
    Keymaster

The Mule played last night. As I predicted K’s indefinite suspension was one game. It was done just to placate the media. I don’t get the love for him. Pathetic.

Rick
    Keymaster

The Mule pushed an FSU assistant coach last night. He is on a roll

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Coach said it won’t that way…

Kid is under a microscope of public opinion with crushing weight…
    but it’s hard to feel sorry for him… He did it to himself…

Time will be his friend….
    IF….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.