The recruiting trail…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball The recruiting trail…

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Pack1997
    Participant

I think KK style fits both those players perfectly. I mean Rowan throwing up 3s is an easy one. Kapita seems like the perfect big for it to…..offensive rebounds play defense etc.

TheCOWDOG

Rowan announced he’s checking out of Raleigh. Oh my…who to hang this transfer on?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Rowan announced he’s checking out of Raleigh. Oh my…who to hang this transfer on?

Keatts. Some of us knew he would be a disappointment and this is confirmation.

Fastback68
    Participant

No more GFK, RIP

TheCOWDOG

On the other field…First goes my favorite fuxxed player, McKever…Now Moss looking to get more sunshine.

Come on, boys…start the bitchin’. Say what ya want, but keep the politics and religion in ‘Roos thread.

Radman
    Participant

If you don’t have a home you gotta find a home. No home for a pass catching TE in DD’s spread offense.

TheCOWDOG

Radman, Radman. Reality has no place here. Try again.

Radman
    Participant

Let’s try this… it’s because Keatts was hired? 😉

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Jesus and Donald Trump

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Say what ya want, but keep the politics and religion in ‘Roos thread.

Oh, sorry.

TheCOWDOG

^ Fail, Russkie!

MrPlywood
    Participant

GFK is ghosting the Pack.

Texpack
    Participant

Hope it works out for Mav. I really liked the kid. He will always be athletically limited to some degree, but he played his butt off for us.

choppack1
    Participant

Bummer news losing these 3 guys.

Regarding Pharaoh and Moss, the loss of one of these guys could have easily been absorbed…both of these guys are playmakers…and when you have a team that has come up just a bit short in several games, well – you can see why they left.

Regarding Mav – who knows. You have to give the new coach time to get his guys in there and you can’t blame a kid for leaving. Was he tired of school? Did he dislike the new coach? I dunno. It now matters not.

Let’s give Keatts a season before saying the hire won’t work. He knocked the cover off the ball at unc-w. That’s a good thing. Unlike DD, he didn’t take over a program on an upward trajectory.

Rick
    Keymaster

Lol at the pathetic trolling on this thread.

44rules
    Participant

Relax. So GFK is gone. Remember last year when the twins were done and we were all on the ledge? Then we got Kapita, Yurtseven and Dennis Smith Jr. had a fantastic year and all was well. … Ooops.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

tractor57
    Participant

If GFK thought he would not do well in the new system (as if there was a old system) it was time to go. I hate that but until I see on court performance by a Keatts team I’m not making a call pro or con.

ryebread
    Participant

I expected Rowan to transfer. His physical gifts didn’t match our new system. He’s also an older player chronologically than his graduating class. I wish him nothing but the best in his next endeavor. Some turnover with a new coach (whomever it is) was to be expected.

In football, I can’t blame Moss for leaving. We’ve hardly used TEs the last couple of seasons at least in receiving. We had a preseason all ACC TE with soft hands and hardly threw him the ball.

McKeaver’s loss is the one that kind of surprises me. He wasn’t on the field much, but sure seemed to be involved in a lot of big plays for the time he was there. He also has a killer name. 😉

tractor57
    Participant

rye – agreed totally In some respects a changing of the guard/in others these kids are just as we were back in the day trying to see the best way forward for them. If coaches can leave on the drop of a dime maybe the kids as well.

ryebread
    Participant

tractor: I don’t blame them at all. I honestly think when the coaches leave or get fired the kids should be free agents as well. They agree to a certain “package” and the university or the coach changes that equation. There’s no reason they should be held hostage (i.e. stay, go pro or sit out a year). There’d probably be fewer premature “pro” entries if they could be free agents.

As a parent with kids closer to college than I am to my time in college, I see this increasingly as a business transaction. It’s one where the schools have a lot more leverage than the kids. In the revenue sports the schools get a lot more out of it than the kids. It only seems natural to let them go when it is time to move on.

I also don’t blame a new coach for not keeping together an old roster when it is a situation where the last coach got fired. It’s a little more concerning if that coach had a great run and then moved up the ladder.

duckfatrules
    Participant

I don’t understand, you guys can type 4 paragraphs but you cant type a guys name. who the %&#% is GFK?

kids are leaving because of discipline, there was none before. my understanding 3 guys were late for a team function this week and spent an hour and a half running laps.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^This…

We’ll play better defense on the hardcourt next year…. and should win a few more games than last season…
    That’s good enough for me with a new coach….

My understanding, right or wrong, was that Rowan was not transferring… but wanted to pursue other options — in Europe or elsewhere….

On the gridiron, it’s a little different deal…
    Truth is… I dunno enough to really speak intelligently… in spite of the fact that’s not a SFN requirement…

If I really wanted to know the real deal… first place I’d look is “off the field”… maybe in the classroom or down the street… could be as simple as “bloomer issues”…. idk…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

I don’t understand, you guys can type 4 paragraphs but you cant type a guys name. who the %&#% is GFK?

Pretty easy to figure out, but it’s Maverick Rowan, the GhostFace Killah (GFK)

I dunno enough to really speak intelligently… in spite of the fact that’s not a SFN requirement…

…and yet MORE trolling 😉

tractor57
    Participant

Rye we agree of course. I was talking with a childhood friend that went to UNC on an athletic scholarship (early in the Title 9 era). She said they would come back from a game late at night and she would pick up her class work from the school of nursing then work most of the night. Never made the millions some athletes do but she had her college paid and is making a difference today. To me that is a student athlete rather than an athlete.

Texpack
    Participant

This is progress. I asked for three years with no discussion, but seeing even a one year request is encouraging.
    #messageboardsanity

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.