The Ray Rice Issue

Home Forums StateFans Football The Ray Rice Issue

Viewing 21 posts - 76 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    StateRed44
    Participant

I really hate it when my lack of shame gets in the way of my self-loathing.

And despite knowing I’ll regret it, I’d echo paki’s question of “Ashamed of what, exactly?” You weren’t really specific there, not that I’m surprised. I can only presume you’re trying to warp (in your mind at least) our statements to mean we’re pro-single parent.

Maybe your comprehension would improve if you weren’t constantly in a combative ‘us vs them’, ‘left vs right’ mentality? Just a thought.

Well, why don’t you explain yourself then. Keep in mind we are talking about beating women here. I’d love to hear how having no father would make you less likely to beat your wife. Good grief.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well, why don’t you explain yourself then. Keep in mind we are talking about beating women here. I’d love to hear how having no father would make you less likely to beat your wife. Good grief.

You really do believe that’s what I(we) said, don’t you?

I feel like I’m on candid camera right now, and Allen Funt is gonna come out in a few seconds.

SMH

StateRed44
    Participant

I am of the belief it doesn’t matter what side of the political isle you are on you don’t hit a woman. Now I did have a teacher in forth grade that said to the girls don’t hit a boy cause he will hit you back and you are responsible for your actions and the reaction to some extent. So you can decide for yourself how that pertains to you.

This may be off topic but I do beleive there is a issue out there that young men/boys are struggling to adapt to a new womens movement. That does not apply here directly but I do feel that this is going on. Aggressiveness, competition or whatever you want to call it to the man’s traditional roll. That may be an archaic idea but everyone has a roll to play in relationships, society, etc. Do we really need to be re-educted(word??) that men should not hit women. Its obvious to me but it still occurs whether we like it or not. I guess these are random thoughts but I do feel they play a roll.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/03/21/the-boy-crisis-is-it-fictional/

No, and definitely not through some libtard government money pit with Obama drones lecturing elementary aged kids to stop silly insults such as “throws/runs like a girl” etc… Good googly.

StateRed44
    Participant

Well, here’s your chance to clarify….I’m all ears and extremely interested.

redcanine
    Participant

Having a terrible mother (there are many, let’s face it) could cause one to be hostile and violent towards women. One could argue that those having a great and loving mothers have such lofty expectations of what a wife/woman should be (perfection), that he abuses his spouse when she doesn’t behave like Mommy.

The 2014 way of keeping yo gal in line is to cheat on her. Society doesn’t give a rat’s about that. Infidelity doesn’t make the papers.

Don’t hit your girl.
    Don’t become a cause celebre.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’d prefer you to clarify.

Do you really believe that this….

I’d love to hear how having no father would make you less likely to beat your wife.

…is the essence of what I(we) said?

Being all ears is great and all, but if there’s nothing ticking between them then there’s really no point to go further.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Careful redcanine. That sounds frighteningly like saying that anyone with a mother is gonna beat their wife.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Some of these guys are dumb as a sack of rocks. Either that or they are so high on themselves, their money and their fame that they think the rules that apply to the rest of us don’t apply to them. They really do think they are special. And then when things don’t go their way, they don’t have the skills to handle it. Think about the countless players that are no longer playing that have no idea how to make something of themselves off the field. As Herm Edwards has been saying all along, there is very little player education going on in terms of coping with life. Throw in all the money, the freedom, the nightlife and women and drugs and alcohol, and it is a recipe for disaster. They hit because they know of no better way to handle it. It’s really quite sad, and as you know I am a huge sportd fan. I watch for sport alone and am no longer surprised by anything – you don’t know these guys.

TheCOWDOG

In around ’81, had the pleasure of sitting next to Bonnie Raitt and Elvis Costello, backstage at a joint in Huntington Beach.

I’ll never forget when Miss Bonnie turned to Costello and said, “You must have a really small dick to be as angry as you are ”

redcanine
    Participant

Lol Dog, was she right?

TheCOWDOG

Now..Redfred/44. I’m pretty sure you aren’t Elvis Costello.

pakfanistan
    Participant

What if….

…the pressure to maintain a two parent household causes women to stay with abusive men, and exposes children to domestic violence, and predisposes them to anti-social behavior, like domestic abuse, in the future?

TheCOWDOG

^^
    Good question Rosiscanis.

I never checked. And I know for damn sure, Miss Bonnie didn’t either.

Wufpacker
    Participant

What if….

…the pressure to maintain a two parent household causes women to stay with abusive men, and exposes children to domestic violence, and predisposes them to anti-social behavior, like domestic abuse, in the future?

A valid question, the finer points of which would be worth discussion if Captain Strawman can avoid his typical babytown frolics.

IMHO, learning the wrong way to deal with certain situations (ie watching a parent who is abusive to the other parent) is at least as potentially damaging as an absent parent, and probably more so. A single parent who is involved and conscientious in their raising of the child, while still not the ideal situation, is preferable to a child learning that and getting caught in that cycle of abusive behaviour.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

One of my favorite TV shows growing up was…. Mission Impossible (b&w version)… All that crazy CIA stuff was made up fantasy… or so we thought… until decades later and the cold war ended and ‘stuff’ started leaking out…

What was the name of the cable TV show a couple years with the woman sports psychologist who was consulting with a pro football team?

And now… in spite of Goodell’s best efforts this afternoon to fall on his sword and coverup… It appears that a big part of the NFL’s “problem” is in Baltimore… but their last name is not Rice.

Two seasons? ago… it was the Bountytime down in Nawlin’s…

Could it be that what we see… is simply that which emanates from a culture that preaches…

“Do whatever it takes to win…if you get caught or if anything goes wrong…
    the Agency will disavow any knowledge of your actions…
    This tape will self-destruct in 30 seconds”…?

Next espisode: 1:00pm Sunday. Your choice of networks.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Thank you Beej.<br>
    It is not an NFL issue.

Anyone that has been through it on the corners of the neighborhood agree, too.

Relevant…

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/09/police-officers-who-hit-their-wives-or-girlfriends/380329/

Wulfpack
    Participant

“Do whatever it takes to win…if you get caught or if anything goes wrong…
    the Agency will disavow any knowledge of your actions…

Yes, that is the model. But the Commish’s office ought to serve as a check on that, not be complicit in the cover up. Many have said Goodell has been too hard on players over the past few years. Here, the punishment was grossly inadequate by anyone’s standard. We are only left to ask, why?

tjfoose1
    Participant

At the risk of being politically incorrect on several different levels…

When I think “I’d hit that”, I’m always looking at a woman.

Just saying.

Wufpacker
    Participant

tjfoose1
    Participant

Risk? Did I say “risk”?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Finally had a chance to watch the presser, and boy was that rough. Goodell has taken a page or two from the UNC spin machine manual. He’s in way over his head, and I don’t believe a word he says anymore.

Do you know that he interviewed Ray and his wife together? Goodness gracious, what a moron.

Viewing 21 posts - 76 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.