The Ray Rice Issue

Home Forums StateFans Football The Ray Rice Issue

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    StateRed44
    Participant

The media using these things as a way to demonize men, football, masculinity, etc…http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/09/14/ESPN-Commentator-We-Need-to-Reprogram-How-We-Raise-Men

The answer of course is 2 parent families with PROPER FATHERS. Which would mean that yes, women need men. Not exactly politically correct in this upside down society we live in.

Rush touching on some of it here. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/09/15/espn_analyst_we_must_reprogram_men

pakfanistan
    Participant

Well if breitbart.com and Rush Limbaugh say it, it must be true!

StateRed44
    Participant

it was on ESPN dope, click the links and quit being obtuse

pakfanistan
    Participant

it was on ESPN dope, click the links and quit being obtuse

There are seven billion people on the planet, and god only knows how many media outlets with 24 hours a day to fill with anything.

I’m completely unconcerned about what a handful of people have said. But regardless, I’m curious what you think is demonizing about saying, effectively, we should raise men to not beat women? Note, that doesn’t preclude us from raising women not to hit men, or men not to hit men, or cats not to scratch dogs, or anything else. Like it or not, the stats on domestic violence are abysmal.

Also, the words of Limbaugh are like farts in the wind, completely inconsequential except for the volume he produces. I feel dumber for having read that transcript.

StateRed44
    Participant

“Effectively” being the key word in your post. That was not what she said or meant.

This line is particular is utter bullcrap: “…years of our culture like raising like men to want to not be like women and using language like ‘sissy’ and ‘you throw like a girl’ that demean women.”

Who is “we”? The Federal Government throwing millions of dollars down into a hole FOR A PROBLEM IT HELPED CREATE!!! Now what is “reprogramming”? Also LOL at the hysteria over Limbaugh.

pakfanistan
    Participant

“Effectively” being the key word in your post. That was not what she said or meant.

This line is particular is utter bullcrap: “…years of our culture like raising like men to want to not be like women and using language like ‘sissy’ and ‘you throw like a girl’ that demean women.”

Actually, it’s not if you break it down and think about it.

What do we mean when we say, “Don’t be a sissy” or “You throw like a girl”? It means one’s effort, or performance is subpar or otherwise not acceptable. The implication in that is being like a girl is subpar or unacceptable.

But really, it’s not ‘being like a girl’ we dislike, it’s subpar effort and performance, so why not say that? Do we appreciate people for giving their best effort and maximizing their potential? Gender shouldn’t even be a factor in that.

Also LOL at the hysteria over Limbaugh.

Yes, that was the very definition of hysteria…

If you enjoy listening to him, more power to you. I have better things to do than sit around eating boogers from under the table.

StateRed44
    Participant

So you reject common sense descriptions of failure in order to not make someone feel bad who might be standing by and inadvertently have heard said description. Great, you are a PC liberal _____.

But to stretch that phrase into being somehow having cause and effect relationship with wife beating is the height of bull crap. Congrats on that idiotic lunacy and support of that potential gargantuan waste of resources. The nation would be better off dropping that money from a helicopter into Detroit.

pakfanistan
    Participant

So you reject common sense descriptions of failure in order to not make someone feel bad who might be standing by and inadvertently have heard said description.

No, that’s what YOU think I think. You should try reading my post again.

Great, you are a PC liberal _____.

MMMMMmmmmm, name calling. The first resort of the small minded.

StateRed44
    Participant

You continually argue out of both sides of your mouth when cornered. I should have known. There are no words. Have a nice day.

Wufpacker
    Participant

The answer of course is 2 parent families with PROPER FATHERS. Which would mean that yes, women need men. Not exactly politically correct in this upside down society we live in.

I’d be curious to hear your definition of “proper father”, but admittedly that’s mostly because I’m enjoying this whole exchange and want to see it go even further into…..
    (what’s the word/phrase I’m looking for here?)

pakfanistan
    Participant

Why do you hate me

Wufpacker
    Participant

Not certain you’re referring to me, but if you are…LMAO.

Oh pakfanistan, quite the contrary my friend. You’re one of my favorite folks on here, even when we truly disagree (which trust me, is probably less often than you’d think).

But the instigator in me sometimes just can’t resist the urge to give certain folks the rope they so badly seem to want.

pakfanistan
    Participant

That was in response to you, but I was kidding.

You can give SR44 all the rope in the world but this is about the best you can hope for.

Failure.

StateRed44
    Participant

Proper meaning good I suppose. I don’t know fella, how about someone actually there and who raises their children right? You might as well ask me what a good husband or person is. Do you disagree we have an epidemic of absentee fathers?

StateRed44
    Participant

Stan, get cornered, reverse course, then post stupid gif. Gold standard fail.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Do you disagree we have an epidemic of absentee fathers?

In fact, I don’t disagree that absentee fathers is a problem, fella. Having said that, I’m not prepared to say it’s the only, or even the major, cause for the current climate of domestic violence in society.

Would that it were that simple though.

pakfanistan
    Participant

In fact, I don’t disagree that absentee fathers is a problem, fella. Having said that, I’m not prepared to say it’s the only, or even the major, cause for the current climate of domestic violence in society.

Would that it were that simple though.

Call me crazy, common sense would say growing up with only a mother would make a man more sensitive toward women.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Probably depends on the mother, but in general I would think that follows.

Similarly, an overbearing and abusive father being present would probably do more harm than good in most instances.

StateRed44
    Participant

You should both be ashamed of those statements. What gives here, self loathing phenomenon again? I can’t comprehend the left.

pakfanistan
    Participant

You should both be ashamed of those statements.

Why on earth should I be ashamed for speculating on cause and effect?

Wufpacker
    Participant

I really hate it when my lack of shame gets in the way of my self-loathing.

And despite knowing I’ll regret it, I’d echo paki’s question of “Ashamed of what, exactly?” You weren’t really specific there, not that I’m surprised. I can only presume you’re trying to warp (in your mind at least) our statements to mean we’re pro-single parent.

Maybe your comprehension would improve if you weren’t constantly in a combative ‘us vs them’, ‘left vs right’ mentality? Just a thought.

TheCOWDOG

Oh Paki…That GIF truly cost me a good swig of a damn fine beer.

Wulfpack
    Participant

OTL now reporting Ravens knew what happened and Harbaugh wanted him gone. Ravens brass and commish in cahoots. Doesn’t look good.

Gowolves
    Participant

I am of the belief it doesn’t matter what side of the political isle you are on you don’t hit a woman. Now I did have a teacher in forth grade that said to the girls don’t hit a boy cause he will hit you back and you are responsible for your actions and the reaction to some extent. So you can decide for yourself how that pertains to you.

This may be off topic but I do beleive there is a issue out there that young men/boys are struggling to adapt to a new womens movement. That does not apply here directly but I do feel that this is going on. Aggressiveness, competition or whatever you want to call it to the man’s traditional roll. That may be an archaic idea but everyone has a roll to play in relationships, society, etc. Do we really need to be re-educted(word??) that men should not hit women. Its obvious to me but it still occurs whether we like it or not. I guess these are random thoughts but I do feel they play a roll.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/03/21/the-boy-crisis-is-it-fictional/

Wulfpack
    Participant

I am of the belief it doesn’t matter what side of the political isle you are on you don’t hit a woman.

I would hope we would all agree with that. Doesn’t make you much of a man, for sure.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.