The question 'bout Markel answers itself…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball The question 'bout Markel answers itself…

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… well ya’ll know Christmas ain’t always all about good things… and everybody’s been wondering when Markel might get back on the court, especially since we’re headed down to Death Valley Saturday to start the Conference season…

Looks like it won’t be anytime soon… Sorry ’bout dat…

While the dates in this report don’t match my timeline… as I’m thinking Gary and Tony mentioned that Markel was in warmups on the bench in the PNC against either UKMC or UNCG, nevertheless… wral.com is reporting late tonight…

NC State’s Markell Johnson facing felony assault charge in Ohio

Oh well… ‘nother one bites the dust….
    Ghosts of Gott.

Good night.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Pack1997
    Participant

Not knowing any details it could be a case of hanging with the wrong people. At least that’s my hope for his sake, and he wasnt involved to the point of doing anything. However, I am proud of KK for suspending him indefinitely until it works itself out. It is things like this where a new coach has to show the players the standards to which they will be held. It is KK program now not the players.

tractor57
    Participant

What I’ve read so far doesn’t include many details other than the university followed their policy. I hope it is not something that will ruin Markel’s life but at this point that looks doubtful.

YogiNC
    Participant

I’m not sure KK had a choice.

According to the school’s code of conduct, a student-athlete charged with a felony crime will be immediately and indefinitely suspended from athletics participation, pending the final disposition of all charges.

It was largely out of his hands. There is a pre-trial conference this morning.

Smarter than the average bear

tractor57
    Participant

I agree Yogi it was already in writing. Hopefully he has not destroyed his life and maybe he can rejoin the team (that is a secondary thing to me).

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… and who’s surprised that this ain’t gonna be over Friday…

Felony assault case against NCSU guard Markell Johnson continued into January

If Braxton hadn’t beat the NCAA at their own game, we’d be hurting….

tractor57
    Participant

Yes BotB we as a team would be hurting. At this point I’m hoping Markel hasn’t thrown away his life. The team sure could use him but the bigger picture is the young man.

Pack1997
    Participant

Not good when everyone in question has to give DNA samples.

tractor57
    Participant

More has been released – court case stayed until Jan 8.

Texpack
    Participant

Victim statement given at the time of the assault names Markell as the primary puncher so this won’t go away anytime soon. Almost certainly done for the season and barring a miraculous turn of events, done for good at NC State.

tractor57
    Participant

Looks pretty bad I agree – Markel back to the team is one thing but back to a decent life is more important to me.

PackofMac
    Participant

FINALLY something I can comment on that I actually know what I’m talking about!!!!! I cant’ speak for Ohio law or court procedures but here in good ole North Carolina a felony indictment can be as serious as it sounds or as simple as a inexperienced prosecutor not wanting to deal with the case in the district court level…defense/prosecution refusing plea deals, weak case that the prosecution knows would fail at the probable cause hearing in district. Dismiss and indict…I’ve heard it and been a part of it toooooooo many times. Also here in North Carolina….once a case is indicted before a grand jury it gets put on a trial list where it WILL take well over 10 months to be heard, in Randolph County it’s gonna be over a year. Usually weak cases get dissolved, plead well before trial depending on the attorneys involved. I said all that to say….the kid can’t play by letter of the NC State law until his criminal case is dissolved, it’s gonna take a willing prosecutor, big time $$$$ attorney and weak prosecutable case against Mr. Johnson to see him on the court this season, just based on my experience with a remarkably slow criminal justice system…19 years of that experience

pakfanistan
    Participant
    SqlWolf
    Participant

I’m unclear about just what the question about MJ was. Was the question, “Do fans really care about the person who plays for their team?” Or was the question “Do fans even care about a player’s character if that player produces wins on court?” I honestly don’t know the answers to the two questions. Another question I have is “Does coach Keatts intend to uplift his players and help mold them into better people regardless of their basketball careers?” I hope the answer to that is an emphatic “Yes!”

rthomas44
    Participant

You obviously have no clue about Keatts or Yow and how the rules work at State. Those questions should be asked of the Cheats.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

sql_wolf….

fwiw… When I opened this topic on 12/27/17… it was in response to the “first” publication of the arrest in Ohio…
    Prior to that… there was no public information as to why Markell had been put on probation at State several weeks earlier…

The “implied” question was only one and really very simple, I thought…
    “Why was Markell on probation?”

There was no reference, implied or intended, as to Coach or upper mgmt’s morals or intents…

Sorry for being obtuse…

byob-botb

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hey Sql_Wolf!

Would you be interested in helping me with some SQL heavy lifting on a web-appliation I’m building?

Holler Back, either way…

Bill

SqlWolf
    Participant

Hey Bill, I’ll be glad to try to help. Let me know.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

SQL_WLF…
    let’s talk about it…

email your contact stuff to dontworryaboutit13 at gmail.com

Thanks!

GO PACK!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.