Thad Moss Commits to the Pack!

Home Forums StateFans Football Thad Moss Commits to the Pack!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Pack78
    Participant
    BJD95
    Keymaster

We REALLY needed 4-star get, especially so soon after bringing on the new OC. Great news, for sure!

choppack1
    Participant

Huge get for pack, especially after departure of Grinnage. Randy Moss’s son I believe.

Wulfpack
    Participant

There will soon be another Moss playing college football.

Thaddeus Moss, the son of former NFL star Randy Moss, is a 2016 football recruit who committed to NC State on Saturday.

The younger Moss, a 6-foot-4 tight end, chose the Wolfpack over some big offers and a final list of NC State and Texas A&M.

“It just felt right,” he said. “It’s close to home, it felt right, and they kept it real with me from day one. NC State was the first team to offer, and loyalty was rewarded.”

Randy Moss originally committed to Notre Dame, but after legal troubles there and during a redshirt season at Florida State, Moss ultimately starred as a wide receiver at Marshall, finishing fourth in Heisman Trophy balloting in 1997.

The four-star prospect wanted to make a name for himself outside of what his father had done in high school and college football. He took on most of the recruiting process on his own but leaned on his father toward the end for advice.

“For the most part, he really let me go about the process on my own,” Thaddeus Moss said. “I asked for his opinion and for him to sit down with the coaches and talk, but I asked for that these last few weeks. He voiced his opinion, and we had in-depth conversations about what was best for me and what was best for the family.”

Moss is the highest-ranked commit for NC State’s 2016 class and gives the Wolfpack 21 commitments overall.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14632442/thaddeus-moss-son-nfl-great-randy-moss-commits-nc-state-wolfpack

MrPlywood
    Participant

Nice work!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yes, if’n you make it to C/F this Fall, you JUST MIGHT run into Randy Moss!

Having watched his 30 for 30, it doesn’t surprise me that Doeren’s simple, honest approach worked with the family Moss. Randy really is a small town good ol’ boy at heart. And now he can give NC State some good publicity with his media work.

BassPacker
    Participant

He was at game yesterday.
    Moss and DD

Gowolves
    Participant

Some friends of the family moved right next to the Moss family in Charlotte. They are big Pack fans. He played baseball for the Pack in the 50’s. They said he is county boy at heart and real nice. Got to think our friends helped him decide to run with the Wolfpack. ??

Pack78
    Participant

Good pick-up with the commitment of CB JJ Givens-nice offer list-from TOS:

‘NC State has landed a commitment from Mechanicsville (VA) cornerback J.J. Givens. The three-star cornerback committed to NC Sttae head coach Dave Doeren during an in-home visit.’

redisgood
    Participant

Waiting for an announcement from WR Kelvin Harmon. Should come within the hour. He de-committed from South Carolina, and it’s between us and Miami. Could go either way, but I like our chances. Miss. State offered today, which is kind of strange given he is announcing tonight.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Harmon chose the Pack.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.