Terry Henderson out another 2-3 Weeks

Home Forums All StateFansNation Terry Henderson out another 2-3 Weeks

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    sentPackin

There was a lot of buzz when NC State picked up West Virginia shooting guard Terry Henderson, but after sitting out a season and his recent injury, pe
    [See the full post at: Terry Henderson out another 2-3 Weeks]

wolfbuff
    Participant

Is this news? I thought I read a couple of weeks ago he would be out longer than the original 6-8 week estimate, putting him in the middle of the ACC season. Then how long will it take to get him in playing shape and in the flow (as if there was one) of the offense?

redisgood
    Participant

Unless he’s improved significantly over the past week, 2 to 3 weeks is optimistic.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Maybe MG is trying to keep us from giving up. In my case, it’s not working. 😀

No worries, have 4 college visits set up for late Jan/Feb Saturdays with my oldest kid. Gonna miss lotsa hoops, which looks like a blessing in disguise now.

Yes, I did make sure to schedule around the NFL playoffs, there ARE limits to parental dedication.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Oh, and same kid got us tix for “Book of Mormon” this Thursday night so I don’t have to decide whether or not to intentionally boycott. Silver linings all over the place!

PapaJohn
    Participant

I feel bad for the guy, the way this is trending it’s beginning to look like he’s not going to be back into playing shape until the post season – if then. We may not see much of the player we expected at all.
    Sucks for the team, but even more for Terry.

FergusWolf
    Participant

I think if I were Terry, I’d have to seriously consider applying for the 6th year medical exemption redshirt and just toss the season down the drain. He’s not a sure fire NBA draft pick, so, unless he’s got the same agent as Trevor Lacy, he really should play another year before going pro.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I think if I were Terry, I’d have to seriously consider applying for the 6th year medical exemption redshirt and just toss the season down the drain. He’s not a sure fire NBA draft pick, so, unless he’s got the same agent as Trevor Lacy, he really should play another year before going pro.

My understanding is a med redshirt is not an option.

redisgood
    Participant

You’re right, it’s not an option. A 6th year medical exemption is only even considered if the player has missed two full years due to injury or other medical condition. His transfer redshirt year doesn’t qualify.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The NIT would be good experience for him anyway. Provided we make it, I’d say it’s a 50/50 shot.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Yes, it does look bad for the team, but somewhat of a silver lining is that, VT defeated #4 UVA, who never had a 14 point lead, and played and shot well, compared to our poor 32% 2nd half shooting. So it may not be as bad as we think. Just gotta play a full game.

john of sparta
    Participant

3 things:
    1. VaT wanted to beat UVa.
    2. Terry is done. kinda like Kyrie with Duke.
    3. Pro players get paid. might as well try.

Wulfpack
    Participant

We could very well be out of this thing by the time he returns. Maybe he can help us with some late season magic – we’ll need it.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

And don’t look now, but the Ben Simmonses…I mean LSU, just took it to Kentucky.

Rick
    Keymaster

Yes, it does look bad for the team, but somewhat of a silver lining is that, VT defeated #4 UVA, who never had a 14 point lead, and played and shot well, compared to our poor 32% 2nd half shooting. So it may not be as bad as we think. Just gotta play a full game.

Getting passed by VT in the basketball hierarchy is not a good thing IMO.

apollocreed
    Participant

Anyone know how he’s progressing?

redisgood
    Participant

He’s getting closer. He was dressed and on the floor practicing on a limited basis, but mostly individual stuff with the team today in Tallahassee.

I don’t think we would see him against Duke, but you never know. If not, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get some minutes against WF a week from Saturday.

apollocreed
    Participant

Thanks for the update!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.