Syracuse WITHDRAWS from NCAA and ACC Post Play

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Syracuse WITHDRAWS from NCAA and ACC Post Play

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

http://www.cuse.com/news/2015/2/4/GEN_0204153047.aspx?path=gen

Stop the presses….read all about it. Seems that our new members from the frozen North done broke the rules….or maybe they broke them BIG TIME….or maybe they broke them and decided to play by the rules and REPORT THEM.

Wonder how Swoff will handle such an attitude?

Wonder if Jimmy B will vacate games?

Really interesting….going back to 2007….

Film at 11….

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Thanks. Paki had tried to create a thread a little while ago but it was rejected for whatever reason.

Here’s the Espn report that pakfanistan tried to create a thread on.

The Cuse Way is certainly a little different than The Carolina Way.

TheCOWDOG

There is no, or ever has been, ” The Syracuse Way.”

They simply don’t have the money and influence to kill the NCAA off.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Smart move. Ban yourself the year you were unlikely to make the NCAAT anyway.

pakfanistan
    Participant

This strikes me like the patented carolina move of, “Oops! We’ve made some mistakes, but we promise we’ve taken care of them, and the parties responsible won’t be having ice cream with dinner. No need for additional sanctions, we got this.”

It will be interesting to see how it affects State since it’s going to change the pairings in the ACCT.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

It will be interesting to see what they do with the ACCT since SYR is not going to play.

My guess:
    Bottom six still play on Tues
    Teams 6 – 8 play Tues winners
    Top 5 get two round bye

Adventuroo
    Participant

Jeff G on WRAL says that there will be 2 play ins on Tuesday….not 3 as planned. Don’t know the details.

The REAL question is whether the ACC has had the tickets printed yet. They may be on the “slow boat from China” as we speak. If they have already printed them….then WILL they discount the books. The tickets are now priced according to the “quality” of the games. The play in games were really cheap last year…

So, logistically, there may be some issues…

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Just thinking through that as I’m typing.

Two play-ins on Tuesday would leave 12 teams in the ACCT.
    Bottom 8 remaining play on Wed and that would leave 8 teams by the end of the day.
    Top 4 still get a two-round bye and play Wed winners on Thurs

Looks good to me.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Video below gives a little insight into the timeline here. It is amazing to me that they don’t seem to care that they are punishing kids who had nothing to do with the problem. I thought that was just an insane idea!!! #UNC

I can’t believe the lengths that Jim Boeheim will reach to NOT have to go to the ACC Tournament in Greensboro!!

redisgood
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.