Syracuse – Post FSU Thoughts

Home Forums All StateFansNation Syracuse – Post FSU Thoughts

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Pack1997
    Participant

Oh I already have it figured out. Those coaches like Bowden, Saban, Beamer, Dabo all play their better players on special teams, and typically have good special teams. Our coach chooses not do that which again comes back to coaching. I guess he just knows better than all those average coaches I just mentioned. I love how you constantly talk out of both sides of your mouth to reach the narrative you support. The simple fact is we should be better on special teams and we aren’t.

As for Cuse, I think our D will struggle to stop them, but our offense will continue to shine. We win by 14.

tractor57
    Participant

I’m of the Al Davis camp – “just win baby”. Agreed that has not been in the NC State bag of tricks for a number of years. Maybe we are growing past that or maybe we will fall flat again.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Just like the past few years, we don’t feel comfortable with this State team yet. As T57 say, we will know after a few more games.

When your recent football history is consistent only in it’s inconsistency, one can never really expect to feel confident about what our boys will do the next game.

Regardless, I will be there, food and drink flowing. While no longer with us, my Dad graduated from Syracuse, was a huge sports fan, and loved a good party. For that reason, this game has a little extra special meaning to me.

Go Pack!

Greywolf
    Participant

Oh I already have it figured out.

Then why ask the question?

Pack1997
    Participant

To point out how you offer differing opinions that contradict one another. Its called being passive aggressive.

Greywolf
    Participant

Those coaches like Bowden, Saban, Beamer, Dabo all play their better players on special teams, and typically have good special teams.

You got me there. I don’t know the make up of Bowden’s or Beamer’s or Sweeney’s special teams. especially Bowden since it has been so many years since he coached. Wow! I’m impressed that you have access to such information. How about some of the rest of the P-5 programs. Does every team use it’s best players on special teams or is it just Doeren, TOB, Amato, O’Cain and Holtz?

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Haven’t seen the Orange play much. Does their tempo include many substitutions? Or do they try to avoid it? Our depth on DL is moot, at least for a series, if they avoid it.

tractor57
    Participant

From what I’ve seen we tend to rotate by series. That would make the sub patterns not as important however if we need to sub for a winded player then yes it could be an issue.

ryebread
    Participant

Haven’t seen the Orange play much. Does their tempo include many substitutions? Or do they try to avoid it? Our depth on DL is moot, at least for a series, if they avoid it.

Syracuse tries to play up tempo:
    http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2017/08/dino_babers_says_his_teams_break_through_in_2nd_season_will_syracuse_football_do.html

https://www.nunesmagician.com/2017/9/11/16290114/dino-babers-monday-press-conference-cramping-issues-middle-tennessee-syracuse-football-coach

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.