Sweet 16 – Pack vs. Louisville!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Sweet 16 – Pack vs. Louisville!

Viewing 21 posts - 501 through 521 (of 521 total)
  • Author
    Ransompack
    Participant

Have they abolished the 3 second call??

Wulfpack
    Participant

When you watch Louisville and Michigan State, you realize that they’ve been here before. Louisville seeks its third Final Four in four years. Sparty is headed to its fourth regional final since 2009. History matters. Experience matters. So hopefully, when we get back here with this nucleus (and I think we will), we have a different result. Gott is building this thing.

Rick
    Keymaster

I deserve some criticism for my frustration but there is absolutely no reason to get as personal as some of you get. I am still upset about the missed opportunities.
    I hope you all are right and we see more of them but we can have a better team and not see an opportunity like we missed last night. I remember the last time we made a run and the whole team came back. That did not turn out too great.

It was a nice run at the end of the year but that WD not a pleasant way to close it out.

What would make me happy? To take advantage of an opportunity we created for ourselves. To do something we have not done and grab that rare chance. To not have to be ‘happy with the season’. If you told me in the beginning of the year we made a s16:I would have said we has a good year but life is not a vacuum. And missing this type of opportunity is very disappointing.

And foos, I have not responded to your constant criticism but I have had enough. Any more of you’re posts you make about me well be erased.

tractor57
    Participant

After a night of sleep and waking up this morning I’m thinking if the result of next season turns out to be like the results of the last one I’ll take that. Making the Sweet 16 is an accomplishment. Yes I was hoping for more but it is what it is. Before the season many were saying the goal should be a Sweet 16 berth. Every season my goal for the team is a NC but I know full that rarely will that be achieved (we are not in the same spot as KY). So disappointed with the loss last night but not with the season, the coaches or the team. Guess I’m not part of the lunatic fringe.

Rick
    Keymaster

When you watch Louisville and Michigan State, you realize that they’ve been here before. Louisville seeks its third Final Four in four years. Sparty is headed to its fourth regional final since 2009. History matters. Experience matters. So hopefully, when we get back here with this nucleus (and I think we will), we have a different result. Gott is building this thing.

Experience? They had a freshman point guard who had played less than a dozen games. This was more about coaching than experience but I guess coaches have to get experience also. Hopefully Gott learns and improves from this. Pitinob showed why he is a Hall of fame coach.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Harrell and a load of other guys expected to be there, and expected to win. You saw it on their faces. I saw some doubt in ours way too early. That confidence in each other carries down to Gill and the freshman point guard. And it all starts and ends with Pitino. You don’t have to like him, but he gets it done. So hopefully we are back and can get over the hump. If this nucleus gets back, they are not going to be content with a Sweet 16. Been there done that. Time to knock some walls down.

WPIDH8
    Participant

I’m embarrassed for some of you.

To look at this season as anything but a success and obvious movement FORWARD by the program is completely incomprehensible.
    It’s rather apparent to me… That some of you are not happy… Until you’re NOT happy!

Again, embarrassing.

From a long time reader, first time poster.
    🙂

YogiNC
    Participant

Sorry Rick but you are part of the problem here. My bet is if this medium had been around during the Valvano days you’d be ripping on him too. It’s easy for someone to sit back in a chair in front of a monitor and just let the negativity flow. If you had to sit down in front of Gott would you say the same things to his face? That is the extreme downside of instant negative feedback with no personal responsibility that comes with it. And to say you would ban foose because he doesn’t share your opinions or viewpoints???? THAT above all else is CRAP. Who made you the king?

I’ve said this once before but I think it should be repeated, if you aren’t willing to say something about someone to their face then you probably shouldn’t say it. And yes Rick, I’d say this to your face, in this case you’re flat out wrong. There were lots of good if not great teams that went home before we did. Personally I’m OK with what we achieved this season. I was especially happy with the take down of the Cheats in the dome.

I don’t know, but maybe it’s time you took a break. In the great grand scheme of life, REAL LIFE, there are oh maybe a million things more important than the score on a scoreboard. I look back 7, 8, 9 years and right now Wolfpack athletics is light years ahead of where they were. If that’s not enough to celebrate then my guess is NCs in every sport and you’d still find fault.

Smarter than the average bear

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Again, there are only 8 teams left. So most everyone is gone. Its tough to lose but you cant start blaming coaching now without crediting coaching for getting us this far. This team accomplished a lot with 2 transfers, 1 mcdonalds aa, a freshman big man who was barely a top 50 recruit and a big man who weighed 350 just last year. Give credit where its due- this team accomplished a lot.

Rick
    Keymaster

And to say you would ban foose because he doesn’t share your opinions or viewpoints???? THAT above all else is CRAP. Who made you the king?

Reading comprehension is your friend. I am open to criticism and even deserving of it. However foos has been posting crap about me all year and I an such of it. And no where did I say I would ban him.

Also, given V won a title I think it is safe to say criticism would not be the same but nice straw man.

I an not a ‘moral victory’ kind of guy. It send moist of you are. Different strikes forv different folks.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Constant criticism, Rick?

I’m rarely here these days already, mainly due to the CONSTANT bitching coming from you and your ilk.

I didn’t even use your name in my previous two posts, though I admit it was pretty obvious to whom I was referring. And in reviewing my comments, I see nothing that wasn’t, or isn’t, true.

I haven’t even approached the level of personal criticism you dole out on practically a daily basis, but go ahead, if you can’t handle it, cry me a river and take your ball and go home.

I’m sure I’ll find something better to do with the already dwindling time I spend on this site.

After all, I don’t recall ever coming across advice for leading a happy and successful life to include increasing exposure to anger and negativity.

Rick
    Keymaster

I haven’t even approached the level of personal criticism you dole out on practically a daily basis

Please point to this criticism.

Rick
    Keymaster

I fund it hilarious you say you are never here but gate the ‘constant criticism’. If you had been here you would have been here for there past month you would have read nothing but positive posts from me but that die not fit your narrative. When things are positive I an Hargrove when they are not I am not. Of you wasn’t to read nothing but rainbows and lollipops then I suggest you skip my posts. But I ralealize some people cannot handle opposing view points.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Per the Valvano reference, for those of you who were not around, Valvano was ripped during his time here. There were many none too pleased with Kenny Drummond, Murray State, Mike Giomi… who were saying it was time for him to move on. Even The Technician joined in.

Time and circumstance has caused such memories to fade, but it was there, and not in insignificant amounts.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I fund it hilarious you say you are never here…

What was that you said about reading comprehension? I never wrote ‘never’. And I can read more than one day’s post per visit. And your own admission over the past month of trying to be better kinda ends the argument. Recognition is the first step, so congrats in that regard.

But I realize some people cannot handle opposing view points.

That’s rich. I personally appreciate opposing points of views. But if you are referring to your ‘views’, you’re missing the point. It’s not your views that I and others find so tired, the recent semi respite aside, it’s the incessant, predictable, miserable whiny negative condescending attitude and ripping of NC State teams, players, and coaches as if they were your own (and yours only) personal whipping boy.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Hey guys. Can we all just calm down? Quit tearing each other to shreds like we were actually out on that court.

After a night’s sleep, I’ve decided that this was the best opportunity we’ve had at an Elite Eight, at least in my lifetime (born in ’89). So, from that perspective, it was a tough loss. OTOH, I am very proud of the team, just like the rest of you. After that drubbing by Cincy, I could only dream about getting to the Sweet 16, let alone knocking off both the 9 seed and the 1 seed to get there.

But there’s no denying that we had a great opportunity. Now it’s time to relax for a little bit, regroup, and hopefully put ourselves in the position to finally make an Elite Eight next year. Don’t feed fire to the “lunatic fringe” moniker.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Agreed.

By his associations, Rick, I’m sure, is a “good guy”. But NC State is not just HIS team. NC State is also MY team. NC State is OUR team.

His ripping is done HERE, not in a vacuum. It’s going to elicit responses. They are postings, not edicts. With the nature, tone, and frequency of his commentary, the responses should be expected.

Rick
    Keymaster

Agreed.

By his associations, Rick, I’m sure, is a “good guy”. But NC State is not just HIS team. NC State is also MY team. NC State is OUR team.

His ripping is done HERE, not in a vacuum. It’s going to elicit responses. They are postings, not edicts. With the nature, tone, and frequency of his commentary, the responses should be expected.

Foos,
    I understand your position. I respectfully ask you to stop responding to my posts. It is clear you and I are not going to agree so I suggest we agree to disagree.

ancsu87
    Participant

Per the Valvano reference, for those of you who were not around, Valvano was ripped during his time here. There were many none too pleased with Kenny Drummond, Murray State, Mike Giomi… who were saying it was time for him to move on. Even The Technician joined in.

Time and circumstance has caused such memories to fade, but it was there, and not in insignificant amounts.

This! I have posted this multiple times but it never seems to be understood. Some want to say Gott is no Valvano. Well I loved Valvano as a coach but he had not reached his potential not was he Rick Pitino statue. If he had been allowed to stay at State as think he would have been Coach K and past Dean Smith statue but he didn’t. What Gott has done in four years is equal to what Valvano did. Yes he won a magical NC but he also did not inherit a program that was sacrificed and left for dead almost 20+ years.

ancsu87
    Participant

Agreed.

Foos,
    I understand your position. I respectfully ask you to stop responding to my posts. It is clear you and I are not going to agree so I suggest we agree to disagree.

Then I respectfully request that you and others quit posting offensive comments about OUR team in a public forum. Constructive criticism is one thing but questioning intelligence of players is another. You can do what you like in private but here is different. Not sure why that is so hard to get across.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

No offense is intended to anyone at all, but we’ve kind of gone off the rails some here.

I hope everyone is ok with me closing this one down.

Go Pack

Viewing 21 posts - 501 through 521 (of 521 total)
  • The topic ‘Sweet 16 – Pack vs. Louisville!’ is closed to new replies.