Survey: Favorite 2-Year Wonder

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Survey: Favorite 2-Year Wonder

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JaxPackMan
    Participant

I voted for Spud. Although Nate and TJ were equally talented and crucial to the team’s success, Spud was my favorite. Spud was just plain fun to watch. His leaping and dunking ability seemingly defied the laws of physics much less his shear speed getting up the court and handling the ball. It was really enjoyable to watch Spud totally frustrate the other team members who attempted to guard him. You could tell they couldn’t understand how someone so short and light could continually beat them, especially dunk on them.

Best of all, Spud didn’t allow his below average height prevent him from succeeding in a game dominated by tall players. Instead, Spud ignored he always played like someone who was just as tall as the guys guarding him.

JaxPackMan
    NCSU class of '76
    Jacksonville, FL

rky
    Participant

Spud got my vote, too. I had a nice Pentax camera I took to games ‘back in the day’ and got lucky on a photo where Spud was dunking during a game at Reynolds. That pic is still one of my favorite NC State mementos. Not hard to hit that red light when Spud dunked.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I voted Nate. No offense to the other two, I just really really loved watching Nate play.

Gowolves
    Participant

I voted for Nate because of his defense.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I voted for Nate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.