#SuperGameDay – 12 flag flying at Carter-Finley

Home Forums All StateFansNation #SuperGameDay – 12 flag flying at Carter-Finley

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

GO STATE!! #GameDay pic.twitter.com/r1PMhCVCq4— glasswolf (@glasswolf54) February 1, 2015 While NC State will have three alums playing in this y
    [See the full post at: #SuperGameDay – 12 flag flying at Carter-Finley]

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Is it true that Marshawn Lynch was a guest lecturer at UNC for a summer course?

Primewolf
    Participant

Someone send Haschua that photo.

choppack1
    Participant

Maybe he should say “for all the panthers in the pack”

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Darrell Bevell (Seattle’s OC) made possibly the dumbest play call in professional football history at the end of that game. 2nd and goal on the one and you don’t give the ball to the best running back in the game right now? Even worse, you call a timing pattern pass right into the teeth of the defense? Wow. Just…wow.

Some people are asking if Russell Wilson audibled into the call, but that’s a play-set the Seahawks used a lot for passing and it also appears that no audibles were signaled at the line.

TeufelWolf
    Participant

Yeah sorry, Hauschka just lost me. He wants to claim BFE Community College then he can get support from their fans. If he wants me back then he can kick for the Panthers haha

choppack1
    Participant

What’s wrong with what he said – he spent 3 or 4 years there?

As for the play call – I was wondering why belichek wasn’t calling a to. Easy to second guess when you aren’t the one that has to make the first guess.

TeufelWolf
    Participant

Nothing is wrong with it. He can have all the support he wants from their fans. But the starting lineup is the opportunity to fly your flag or throw out a thank yous out to the entity(s) (“whole pack of badgers”) that got you there. If he thinks JuCo is more important than NC State then I as a Panthers fan lose interest in supporting him on the side as someone I had inaccurately perceived as a fellow NC State supporter. If he doesn’t feel a strong enough connection to us then I don’t see a reason to support him – unless, like I said, he ends up kicking for the Panthers.

Codebrown
    Participant

Not that I really cared about either teams last night. But I just want to point out that by flying that flag, we doomed the Seahawks to the dismal abyss that is NCStateSh*t.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I still don’t understand the call….maybe it was to throw off the Pat’s D as the entire world….including 8 billion or so Chinese thought that Lynch would run it…

And throwing into the middle was a 3rd or 4th call…but they did not, I think, have any time outs. So, if Lynch did not make it, they would have been pushed.

It is over….Russell only has one rings. J. R. got some good press last night. I THINK that now he and Russell will be able to “negotiate” a new contract since their 3 year Rookie signing is up…

Great game….right up to the last 0:18. Might be right about the flag….or maybe Russell and Hauschka and JR jinxed them….they had a 10 point lead and lost….see the BB article….

choppack1
    Participant

This year lynch ran it 5 times from the 1 yard line – he scored once.

Methinks the vitroil in the media shows that they were really pulling for seasquawks.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^^Seattle had one timeout left when ‘the play’ happened.

the_phisherman
    Participant

I think calling a pass play was the right call on second down. NE was stacking up against the run and you still had 3rd and potentially 4th down to try to punch it in. I just think the particular pass that they called was a terrible decision.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

If the pass was the right call, then the right pass was to throw it to the back of the end zone where only a Seahawks receiver could catch it. That would have also opened the possibility of a bootleg run. It wasn’t to toss the ball low straight into tight coverage.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

No way to whitewash that play call. It was horrid, and Carroll has directly admitted it already. 1 yard line–26 seconds–and one time out: For the love of God, we are talking about 26 seconds and the Super Bowl, do NOT worry about that amount of time and giving the ball back after scoring, put the ball in endzone and dare the Patriots to score again in 20 seconds!!. After all, you do have the the best defense in the league. Even if you only get two plays off give it to Lynch and let him have at them twice.

Let’s say on the second down attempt Lynch scores in 3 seconds untouched. You then kick it off with 23 seconds on the clock and a 3 point lead. The kickoff return will take 6 seconds. Were they really that worried over 17 seconds?

Everyone, including Carroll and Bevell, knows they made the biggest bonehead call ever in the Superbowl PERIOD except some who for what must be for the point of conversation/argument are discussing why the pass on second down may have been or was the right call.

The only concession I’ll give is that had they run twice, not scored, and had time run out prior to getting off a 3rd play there would definitely have been some second guessing on clock management. However, how is it that people are trying to explain this away by claiming clock management and left over time for New England, and Seattle with the ball on the the .5 yard line can’t get off 3 plays in 26 seconds. The scenarios on how you get off 3 run plays (including a read option play) is not that difficult given the one time out.

I am a longtime Seattleite and this town loves both Carroll and Bevel beyond belief, but everyone knows they f*#ked it up!

Wulfpack
    Participant

It was indeed a silly call. He was actually a half yard short of the goal line. Umm… safe to say Lynch would have been the better option. I have always liked Pete Carroll but that one will sting long after he’s done coaching.

13OT
    Participant

Speaking of flag flying at Carter-Finley, I’d like to know just why the Notre Dame flag flies above Carter-Finley.

They are NOT a football member of this league. I doubt they’ll ever be.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Speaking of flag flying at Carter-Finley, I’d like to know just why the Notre Dame flag flies above Carter-Finley.

They are NOT a football member of this league. I doubt they’ll ever be.

Now, now…you’re just using dirty old LOGIC. I’m sure Swoffy asked us too, and we are only too happy to do as he asks.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.