Super Bowl 2015 – for Russell, Sweezy & Hauschka fans…

Home Forums StateFans Football Super Bowl 2015 – for Russell, Sweezy & Hauschka fans…

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The Official Explanation from the horses’ mouth for what many are now calling “the worst call in Super History”….

from E$pin

If there’s one guy who ‘losing’ makes him ‘better’… it’s Russell Wilson…
    Rest assured … next time that will not happen…

Russell will do what Montana, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Marino, Elway, Unitas, Starr, Staubach and the rest of the HOF QBs would have done… either one of these two things…

1. Change the play in the huddle… and give the ball to Marshawn…
    2. Call the TO… go to sidelines and ask Coach “WTF is up with this”??

He ain’t the biggest, He ain’t GOTT the best stats, but Russell is the most feared QB in the NFL…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Pack78
    Participant

Chris Wallace had John Riggins to interview yesterday at the end of Fox News Sunday, worth the watch…Riggo said that in his day coaches like Lombardi lined up and challenged you to stop what they did best. He further opines that today’s NFL seemed to be more an effort to trick the opposition…great example of that at the end of the SB.

Gowolves
    Participant

Being a state fan and familiar with tin foil hats and conspiracy theories, here is my take.

I don’t think they wanted BEASTMODE to win this game. They don’t want him to be the face of this franchise. If he gets the ball there is no doubt he scores. Then you are talking MVP for BEASTMODE. Then there are contract talks coming up. Funny how sources leaked yesterday of all days that contract talks with BEASTMODE were heating up. What if he scores and grabs his crouch again? NFL wants no part of that either. Lynch would have had nothing to lose if was ejected for that gesture. I don’t know what else to think. I have read every excuse out there from the OC and Pete and none of those reasons. The best was by Pete. He said and I quote that was a throw away play. That is the most BS excuse. How can you have a “throw away play” on the one yard line for the Super Bowl win? Maybe he meant he was running one play to set up another but that still makes no sense. I am having a hard time understanding that call with a rational reason.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I don’t think they wanted BEASTMODE to win this game.

or at the least…”They didn’t think that Lynch earned the opportunity and deserved to win the game for them…”

Either way, true or false, this logic makes more sense than anything else said and published …

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

I can imagine the outrage if they had run Lynch up the gut 2 (or 3) more times, unsuccessfully.

Actually, I don’t have to imagine it….I’ve seen that movie before.

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.