Sun Bowl 2017 pre-game warmup…

Home Forums StateFans Football Sun Bowl 2017 pre-game warmup…

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 151 through 164 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    tractor57
    Participant

All I’m saying is there will be that day. The days when an assistant leaves or is shown the door. It happens. As the leader Coach D has to be prepared. I’m not advocating removing anyone but unless head coach’s money it will eventually happen – and maybe then watching the FSU thing. I do think efforts have been made to keep assistants but as we all know at some point someone will leave.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Drink had a most excellent day, today.. He kept ASU off balance with his mixture of run and pass play calls..The lucky dog has the QB and the offensive players to pull that olio off.. Come on, Finley, Samuels, Hines, Gallaspie, Louis, Harmon, Jakobi et.al.. We don’t suck.. Want to talk about defense?

YogiNC
    Participant

We need another JaySam! Dudes, that guy was the bomb. #1 should be retired. Just sayin’. He beat out Holt and Cotch. And he was fun to watch. And it didn’t matter if the D lined up to stop him most times they didn’t. He is easily one of the top 5 players ever at State, and most times he made it look easy. I for one will miss him.

Smarter than the average bear

rthomas44
    Participant

Remember one thing about the players that you praise as great or hard to replace… all were found and recruited by DD and staff and more will come.

Texpack
    Participant

The red zone offense didn’t decide to sit the game out.

When we don’t score in the red zone, it’s the play-calling. When we do score, the players decided not to sit out.

It’s a package deal.

Greywolf
    Participant

All I’m saying is there will be that day. The days when an assistant leaves or is shown the door. It happens. As the leader Coach D has to be prepared. I’m not advocating removing anyone but unless head coach’s money it will eventually happen – and maybe then watching the FSU thing. I do think efforts have been made to keep assistants but as we all know at some point someone will leave.

Doeren is starting his 6th year. We don’t have to speak in the future tense. Doeren has been and is prepared. He made the tough decision with Canada. Jackson was replaced by McDonald.

What I was addressing was HOW he is prepared. We don’t have the big bucks to throw at big name assistants so Doeren has created a culture where coaches want to come here to coach for a lot of good reasons. We have a culture where our coaches when they get here, don’t want to leave.

Zaphod
    Participant

Great game yesterday, felt like the Pack was in control for the entire game.

I wouldn’t be surprised next season to see Hines moved to Samuels’ spot and Gallaspy taking over as the primary ball carrier. That dude has languished behind some good runners, but he has done a pretty good job when he gets touches, and he is the bruiser runner. That would then leave those two positions open the year after for Pennix and Person, who along with Leary (assuming Finley doesn’t leave) would all have a year of college football under their belts and 3 years to play together. And both Pennix and Person could be worked into the rotation next year to give them quality playing time…assuming, of course, that they are both up to the jobs.

Tau837
    Participant

We need another JaySam! … He is easily one of the top 5 players ever at State

I love JaySam, but I don’t think he is top 5 ever. Just off the top of my head, was he really better than at least 7 of these players?

Roman Gabriel
    Philip Rivers
    Russell Wilson
    Ted Brown
    Torry Holt
    Jim Ritcher
    Dennis Byrd
    Bill Yoest
    Dick Christy
    Mario Williams
    Bradley Chubb

The first 10 of these are in the ring of honor at Carter-Finley, and Chubb just won ACC DPOY, Nagurski, and Hendricks awards and was named 1st team AA. I’m sure there are others.

All that said, JaySam was a great player for us and will be missed. I hope he finds an impactful role in the NFL.

Greywolf
    Participant

Great game yesterday, felt like the Pack was in control for the entire game.

I wouldn’t be surprised next season to see Hines moved to Samuels’ spot and Gallaspy taking over as the primary ball carrier. That dude has languished behind some good runners, but he has done a pretty good job when he gets touches, and he is the bruiser runner. That would then leave those two positions open the year after for Pennix and Person, who along with Leary (assuming Finley doesn’t leave) would all have a year of college football under their belts and 3 years to play together. And both Pennix and Person could be worked into the rotation next year to give them quality playing time…assuming, of course, that they are both up to the jobs.

I like where you are looking!! Gallaspy on the inside and Hines with the jet sweeps and other roles JaySam had. My only rap on Hines, Des Kitchings really, is he hasn’t been coached to turn it up field. Stringing it outside sometimes works but often is a set-up for lost yards.

We are starting to become a team that reloads, not rebuilds. 2018 will be a very informative year.

Texpack
    Participant

Our last chance to move up in the final rankings has evaporated with the five picks thrown by Lamar Jackson.

Greywolf
    Participant

Our last chance to move up in the final rankings has evaporated with the five picks thrown by Lamar Jackson.

The bowl got what it wanted — the chance to see a former Heisman throw 5 INTs. LOL

YogiNC
    Participant

Tau, I’d say his contributions to Wolfpack success are just as important as any of those guys. And consider he is at the top of the heap receivers wise and not that far behind Brown in TDs. Just sayin’. Bare minimum he deserves a spot in that ring.

Smarter than the average bear

choppack1
    Participant

We looked awesome yesterday. Second straight bowl game where it looked like seniors vs freshmen.

One thing to think about.

DD hired Drink and Ledford as replacements. Now, the DL coach hire didn’t exactly thrill me, but thus far, he looks just fine.

Btw, got a big time tight end transfer today from usc condoms

Greywolf
    Participant

got a big time tight end transfer today from usc

Offer list was huge. His senior year HS 6-7, 234 lbs. Could be a match up problem. LOL

Viewing 14 posts - 151 through 164 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.