Steve Smith Likely Out in Carolina

Home Forums StateFans Football Steve Smith Likely Out in Carolina

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

The Panthers are shopping Steve Smith, and all reports indicate he is done in Carolina. He is easily the greatest Panther.

So what are your thoughts? Good timing? Bad timing?

My thoughts are that it was about time. Saving $6 million. Cam’s team now. Nobody to replace him now, but that will surely change. He was getting paid #1 WR money for limited production. And many have said he is a terrible teammate and does not beleive in mentoring young WRs.

Good luck, Steve.

Deacon Blues
    Participant

The best Panther to date.

This is a bad move, there is no number one, or really #2 that is locked in. We are not drafting high enough to get someone that could immediately replace him. And bad team mate or not he is pound for pound the toughest SOB in the NFL. He is a tone setter and that leadership will be missed.

Re: Cam’s team – only if we can move the ball and score points…

I hate 1 day contracts, but in his case, if he is gone, I would be all for that one.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Ginn put up better numbers, a Gettleman find. Smith doesn’t have much time left. You either move or you don’t.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

This move is actually coming a year late, but that’s hindsight. They should also be moving D. Williams and J. Stewart; too much money tied up in those three skill position players. Defensively they are pretty set but the offense needs help in several areas, especially after losing J. Gross. Lots of work for the front office to do.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I don’t think you could have asked Gettleman to make this move the day he was hired (a year ago). Tough decision to make. He’s a numbers guy, though. And yea, a lot of work to do on offense. Tons actually. Build around Cam.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.