State wins in Chapel Hill! Has Dean Smith’s pact with the devil expired?

Home Forums All StateFansNation State wins in Chapel Hill! Has Dean Smith’s pact with the devil expired?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

Just think back to the Brian Buttsticker crotch grab and let that roll around in your head a bit.

Mercy, to that crowd of louts?

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

SportsCenter can only talk about Derrick Rose and his bum knees.

Jeeesh.

McCallum

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Is this post in poor taste? Yes

But I’m going to do what the referees have done too many times over Carolina fouls…look the other way.

PapaJohn
    Participant

Wish you’d left Coach Smith out of this.

But great, great win. Out PROGRAM continues to move in the right direction. We beat a very talented, well coached team on their home court with their crowd going bonkers. Very difficult to do.

This was no fluke. No freaky shooting night, or single player playing over his head. This was hard work, start to finish. I don’t remember getting any easy shots.

Very proud of the Pack coaches and players. As some of you noted, TL did the right thing just dribbling out the clock. But I never expected otherwise, that is how you play the game. I had forgotten about those ‘not so classy’ examples some of you mentioned.

blpack
    Participant

Enjoy the win tonight! On to BC. Keep it going. Loved pulling the ball out at the end of the game when we could have taken a shot to pour it on.

wolfpackbball
    Participant

This post is in poor, poor taste. I hate UNX, but there has to be a line somewhere…apologies should be in order, but I know they won’t be.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Is this post in poor taste? Yes

But I’m going to do what the referees have done too many times over Carolina fouls…look the other way.

Post of the thread right here.

PackMan
    Participant

Does anyone else find the irony of crediting (rightly) Trevor Lacey for showing CLASS at the end of regulation yet linking UNXs recent losses to the death of Dean Smith? I love this site- but damn guys. Take this down while there is still time.

choppack1
    Participant

Wow. Incredible defensive performance… Between cat and anya – good luck. But d was a team effor . Tokoto never got a clean look in his comfort zone, nor did Brice… Hell, nor did anyone else.

Our guys played with fantastic focus, not many stupid fouls did a great job on the boards, not many turnovers. It all came together and EVERY ONE involved deserves credit.

Remove the UNC equation and realize what an incredible performance this was.

McCallum
    Participant

You boys are as dull as watching season 4 of Dowton Abbey for the 5th time.

Much of your misery in basketball is a by product of the damn cheating in chapel hill. The cheating did not simply sprout like some spotted spurge in a side walk crack. You now want to forgive and forget despite getting pounded year in and year out by a bunch of hypocrites.

Things ain’t what we are always told: Nixon lied, Ginger Lynn faked and el deano cheated.

McCallum

PackMan
    Participant

And saying that it’s ok to trash Dean while the his body is still warm beacause of poor officiating or whatever is even worse. Don’t become what we hate.

McCallum
    Participant

Talking about friggin hockey now. Derrick Rose follow up forth coming.

Blah, blah.

McCallum

Texpack
    Participant

Perfect headline. Shine the light and let the cockroaches scatter. Outstanding win. Still have work to do.

choppack1
    Participant

Again – I can only encourage us wolfpack fans to enjoy what we just witnessed. Hot f’in damn!!!!

wolfpackwins
    Participant

Whether or not Dean Smith was heavily involved in the cheating is irrelevant to me. He’s passed on now, and we should leave him out of insults if we really claim to be so much classier than unc fans. If you want to be perceived as better, then acting better is a good place to start. Reminds me of when Tyler Lewis was taunted at Cameron just days after his grandmother passed away. Count me in as one of those who find this post in extremely poor taste. Minimizes what was a huge win for us, too. Hope this post gets edited.

Go Wolfpack!

ncsu1987
    Participant

Post of the thread right here.

Seconded.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

The Carolina Way was, and is, a sham. We need to remind those sons of bitches with more frequent ass beatings.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I’m proud of the way the team conducted itself after the win.

On WRAL News, they said that State’s players didn’t want to talk about how long it had been since State won in Chapel Hill. They wanted to take the win, enjoy it with their fellow students and start to get ready for Boston College.

slowcredit
    Participant

Dean Smith – One of the greatest ever – absolutely. And I don’t think a right thinking State grad/fan would ever say otherwise. We all continue to pay homage to one of the greats.

Too Early? – If I said it while he was a coach, while retired, who is the hypocrite if I stop now. . .

Bad taste – perhaps – but in what has always been THE rivalry (UNx/Duke be damned) – Go To Hell Carolina!

Come on – at best he turned a blind eye to AFAM – more than likely it went way further. . .

theghost
    Participant

At least WTNY finally means something different for once.

Fantastic win. D was solid and consistent. Even Brian Kersey played like crap tonight. 9 FT attempts? No way to honor the memory of a recently departed ACC legend. Referring of course to Karl Hess.

redwolf87
    Participant

Ginger Lynn faked

Are you serious??

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Whether it was 45 seconds or 10 minutes, Ginger Lynn never faked it with me 🙂

Great victory. Now on to BC!

klbiesec
    Participant

I bet big money that every single state alum/student is very, very embarrassed about this article and its classlessness in reference to Dean Smith. Shame on whoever wrote this. The flowers are still fresh from the funeral. Way too soon. RIP Dean Smith. Great game pack.

Alex_01
    Participant

Anyone who thinks this is in poor taste has somehow avoided the self righteous drivel and condecsending smack talk any State alum has had to suffer from the UNC “fans” and alumni for decades. They cheated, they lied and Dean knew, period. Its especially egregious when you here the national media praising him for being a civil rights leader when he undermined the rights of every player he let enroll in a sham curriculum and cheated out of a legitimate degree.

rthomas44
    Participant

This thread is offensive to anyone who truly loves ACC BB and has any respect for Smith.As a NCSU alum,I have nothing but joy for the win in Chapel Hill,but you must show more class than this.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘State wins in Chapel Hill! Has Dean Smith’s pact with the devil expired?’ is closed to new replies.