State wins in Chapel Hill! Has Dean Smith’s pact with the devil expired?

Home Forums All StateFansNation State wins in Chapel Hill! Has Dean Smith’s pact with the devil expired?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

By my count, UNC is now 1-3 since Dean Smith passed away. That sure is counter to what we have all grown to expect through the years. We all know that
    [See the full post at: State wins in Chapel Hill! Has Dean Smith’s pact with the devil expired?]

McCallum
    Participant

I have been saying this for 25 years.

Someone sold their soul for the folly of earthly glory and now the bill is to be paid.

SUCK IT heals.

In loving memory of Kirk Luchman (chokeman so said el deano)

McCallum

Spike
    Participant

Come on. This was in poor taste. I’m extremely happy the Pack kicked some butt tonight but this was unnecessary.

mak4dpak
    Participant

I still say, the coach never had a problem. The guys just had to show up. Great win for the Coach and his team. In the Dean dome of all places. No smack talk from tarheel fans tomorrow. Go Pack!

McCallum
    Participant

Bring out your dead.

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

too soon?

McCallum
    Participant

Naw.

Just think back to all the lectures on how some people are without sin, wrong doing or cheating.

Dadgum.

McCallum

Sweet jumper
    Participant

Very proud of Lacey for not pulling a Ty Lawson and dunking on the last possession when we already had their asses whipped. Too much class. The Wolfpack way. I wish our 50 fans had stormed the court though:)

StateFans
    Keymaster

Chill out everyone.

PackFamily
    Participant

Guys, i love this site. This headline is bad. It doesn’t reflect well on an otherwise great site with excellent writing and analysis.

PackFamily
    Participant

Good call.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Wow! Pulling no punches 🙂

hdhntr91
    Participant

CAT!!! CAT!!! CAT!!! Fantastic, heads up, hustle, defense…joy to watch.

apollocreed
    Participant

This post needs to be taken down. We’re better than that.

gcncsu12
    Participant

i wish lacey would have boomed it at the end and then punted the ball into the stands….. F it

RTPMedic
    Participant

Excellent!

…and, yes..you do punctuate that win with a vicious dunk. It’s UNX, not Campbell.

lumbee wolfman
    Participant

Dean Smith’s pact with African-American studies has expired (so has Roy Williams). Balancing minimal education standards (not zero educational standards) is a lot tougher than expected (bastitball practice time has been cut by 2/3 & no more Swahili communication on the court).

Mary Willingham’s book comes out March 15, 2015!!!

rnelly71
    Participant

I’m so pumped we beat UNCheat and hate them just as much as the next guy. BUT C’MON MAN that was completely out of line. We don’t need to take cheap shots like that. Don’t let your excitement get the better of common sense/decency, there is a family still grieving over the loss of their father/grandfather and to make light of (dare I say celebrate?) his death is utterly classless. I sincerely hope you decide to edit that nonsense out of this post, if for no other reason to show which University actually has some class.

All that said… GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!!!!!

jrummy
    Participant

Has Dean Smith’s Pact with the Devil Expired?

I’ve been a reader for years (and am an NCSU alumnus) who over the last few years has noticed the sharp change from quality reporting to a focus on nothing but UNC bashing yet have continued reading for the occasional insight that occurs. Today that changes. This post demonstrates that it isn’t about State, but rather on petty rivalry and childish battles. State played a heck of a game tonight and we should be proud of them. Dean Smith was one of the greatest coaches of all time and should be honored for his contributions to humanity. To disrespect him in this way just because our team had a good night is despicable. My association with this blog is hereby ended.

[Edit: grammar]

PackFan
    Participant

Lacey not dunking: very classy. This article: not so classy. Just my opinion.

RedReid
    Participant

Not so classy

MBS
    Participant

With humor, timing is everything. This is ill-timed. Too soon for sure.

I love this site, but this comes at the wrong time.

xphoenix87

Just awesome, absolutely awesome. I never would have believed a few weeks ago that this team could win, on the road, by 9 and 12 over Louisville and Carolina. The defensive turnaround has been astounding.

– Our bigs have been much more aggressive against pick and rolls over the past 3 games. You started seeing it with Freeman in particular in the Louisville game, and all the bigs were doing it this game. It’s a much-needed change in defensive strategy, and it’s worked really well to contain ball handlers and put more pressure on opposing offenses.

– Game ball to Beejay Anya. He owned the paint tonight. 6 blocks, only 1 foul, and countless altered shots. The only time Carolina got easy buckets was on the break, or when Beejay was on the bench. Completely dominant against a really good offensive frontcourt.

– Cat Barber played with great pace and patience, and refused to force the issue and let the game get up tempo. He’s become really great at dancing in the free throw line area and probing the defense, but not committing unless he knows he has something.

– As far as I’m concerned, we can glue Kyle Washington to the bench for the rest of the season unless he improves his focus on defense and his decision-making on offense. He’s a distant 4th in the big man rotation for me.

– J.P. Tokoto is an awesome defender, just super, super good. He didn’t give Trevor Lacey an inch of daylight all game.

-This team, playing this defense, can play with any non-Kentucky team in the country. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such a turnaround in competence from a team. Lets hope they keep it up.

fullmoon1
    Participant

After enduring a lifetime of jeers, taunts and insults from the arrogant heels they deserve every bit of criticism and shaming they get. It’s not too soon.

44rules
    Participant

Well bye.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘State wins in Chapel Hill! Has Dean Smith’s pact with the devil expired?’ is closed to new replies.