State wins in Chapel Hill! Focus on OUR student athletes

Home Forums All StateFansNation State wins in Chapel Hill! Focus on OUR student athletes

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    PackisRolling
    Participant

Statefans – this just made it much worse – amazingly.

I am not young or ignorant but I was embarrassed by that headline. It showed a lack of situational awareness and just admit it – it wasn’t funny. at. all.

You know what was funny? Preaching about “class” within the article with a headline like that. I was embarrassed by you last night. Today I’m embarrassed for you.

Amazing win last night – one of the best I can remember.

McCallum
    Participant

I doubt anyone was truly offended.

More likely the influence of post modern feminie emotionalism has reached this board.

McCallum

1AD (after dean)

pakfanistan
    Participant

NC State: We eat our own.

But really, what a great game right? I don’t think anybody who got minutes played anything less than well.

I’m hoping this win gets the monkey off our back. I think sometimes things like that get in your head and can be hard to shake, and we as a fan base reinforce it with NCSS.

Anya is now #3 on the single season block list with 76. He’s behind Thurl Bailey with 95 and Ced Simmons with 80. He’s got a strong chance to move into second, and I think a realistic chance to move into first. Now if he can lose that last…..30 pounds so he can run on offense and defense, he might have something.

But really. Everybody did something good.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

NC State: We eat our own.

Well, we are wolves 😉

I’m hoping this win gets the monkey off our back. I think sometimes things like that get in your head and can be hard to shake, and we as a fan base reinforce it with NCSS.

I took too many doubles of Wild Turkey and Fireball last night, but while falling asleep watching a replay of the game and then coming to this morning my thoughts were about how cathartic the win was for a lot of people.

I gave myself a huge headache and lost my voice some by way of letting out some primal yells when the clock hit 0.0!

IrishPackFan
    Participant

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again…People CHOOSE to be offended. What was written/said was not offensive, people are choosing to biatch and complain because of one of the “Alltime Greats” recently passed. Unless you devoutly believe in Hell and firmly believe in the Devil, should you interpret the remarks as anything other than tongue-firmly-planted-in-cheek? If you don’t get the decades of the “sold our soul to the devil” aspect of the previous article, then whose fault is that? Don’t jump to conclusions about comments made last night in the euphoria of a-once-in-a-decade win. The folks at SFN are good people. I’m not sure anyone associated with SFN is truly insensitive to people’s beliefs as to be purposely inconsiderate of their feelings. It should be evident by the re-writing of the article and subsequent partial “retraction”.

The only “situational awareness” needed is that the Pack won an ugly game in Chapel Hill, but, by all means, don’t let that stop the whining. People’s feel-bads are hurt and they need an Band-Aid for their emotional boo-boos.

sweetjess1951
    Participant

Typically I don’t play into the ridiculous things I hear and read from State fans, but I felt compelled to give my 2 cents after reading the disgusting article produced by this website last night.

I am one of the few who is a State graduate and a UNC fan. Dean Smith was the sole reason I became a UNC fan. My mother was a flight attendant and happened to be on the same flight with Dean Smith, flying back to Raleigh. He, in no way, owed her any type of friendly conversation, let alone giving her tickets to a UNC game, lower level, since she was unable to afford tickets as a single mother. No obligation, yet did it out of the kindness of his heart.

I also grew up solely hating Dook as my intensity for Carolina basketball grew. I can honestly say that I never disliked or pulled against NC State. I even tried as a student there to become a fan. That all went out the window after my first experience at a UNC/State game at the PNC Arena.

Students were flicking me off and cussing out my mother. All because we wore Carolina gear. At the UNC/NCSU football game at Kenan, State fans were cussing out the elderly and being a drunk mess. Last year, at the UNC/NCSU game at the PNC Arena, students threw dip cans at our players and tried to hit them with those balloons you guys have in the student section. I heard fans threatening to kill (yes, KILL) the refs when a call wasn’t made the way you wanted it. The worst part was the signs.

I find it crazy that we live in a world where many people make large efforts to end bullying, yet it is totally acceptable in the NCSU fan base to display hurtful signs and make hurtful comments on the internet towards the UNC players. Does that happen at the Duke or UNC games? No, it does not.

Last year, the fan base was so embarrassing that an article was written in the Technician about the behavior. And this year, it was taken to a new level. Its disgusting.

And in regards to the cheating scandal, State’s program has been involved with a scandal just as Carolina has. So please don’t act like you guys are angels. Do you honestly think this doesn’t happen anywhere else? For goodness sake, Kentucky has so many one-and-dones that they only have to stay academically eligible for one semester by taking the easiest courses available. And I’m sure Calipari makes it known he isn’t concerned with their academics.

Anyways, if State wants to become a respected basketball program, you need to get your fans in check.

pakfanistan
    Participant

^I’m going to need to see a copy of your diploma the way you throw around first and second person pronouns. And the way you’re conveniently distorting history.

Can we please drop the offended/offended at people being offended stuff?

It’s petty (on both sides) and takes away from the wonderful thing that happened last night.

WTNY
    Participant

Thanks for the site SFN.

It’s your site. Do with it what you will.

I for one am ready to move from Dean-was-a-saint to Dean-was-a-chain-smoking-cheater, but I’m old school.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Does that happen at the Duke or UNC games? No, it does not.

And in regards to the cheating scandal, State’s program has been involved with a scandal just as Carolina has. So please don’t act like you guys are angels. Do you honestly think this doesn’t happen anywhere else?

Actually, yes it does…you just don’t notice it if it’s not happening to you.

But good job getting the “everybody does it” defense out for your own purposes, while ignoring it completely when trying to make your intended point about others.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^I was a scrawny 14 year old when attending a State-Cheats football game at Keenan with Carolina fan friends.

I was hit by three separate thrown objects and covered in any number of different liquids by game’s end just b/c State won. I barely cheered b/c I was being heckled the entire time – so please spare me any ‘you brought it on yourself!’ BS. I kept to myself and held my head high b/c I was better than those jackasses and State won.

The guilt by association / we’re classier than you tripe is bullshit. I’ll say again: people really need to get over themselves.

packplantpath
    Participant

Typically I don’t play into the ridiculous things I hear and read from State fans, but I felt compelled to give my 2 cents after reading the disgusting article produced by this website last night.

I am one of the few who is a State graduate and a UNC fan. Dean Smith was the sole reason I became a UNC fan. My mother was a flight attendant and happened to be on the same flight with Dean Smith, flying back to Raleigh. He, in no way, owed her any type of friendly conversation, let alone giving her tickets to a UNC game, lower level, since she was unable to afford tickets as a single mother. No obligation, yet did it out of the kindness of his heart.

I also grew up solely hating Dook as my intensity for Carolina basketball grew. I can honestly say that I never disliked or pulled against NC State. I even tried as a student there to become a fan. That all went out the window after my first experience at a UNC/State game at the PNC Arena.

Students were flicking me off and cussing out my mother. All because we wore Carolina gear. At the UNC/NCSU football game at Kenan, State fans were cussing out the elderly and being a drunk mess. Last year, at the UNC/NCSU game at the PNC Arena, students threw dip cans at our players and tried to hit them with those balloons you guys have in the student section. I heard fans threatening to kill (yes, KILL) the refs when a call wasn’t made the way you wanted it. The worst part was the signs.

I find it crazy that we live in a world where many people make large efforts to end bullying, yet it is totally acceptable in the NCSU fan base to display hurtful signs and make hurtful comments on the internet towards the UNC players. Does that happen at the Duke or UNC games? No, it does not.

Last year, the fan base was so embarrassing that an article was written in the Technician about the behavior. And this year, it was taken to a new level. Its disgusting.

And in regards to the cheating scandal, State’s program has been involved with a scandal just as Carolina has. So please don’t act like you guys are angels. Do you honestly think this doesn’t happen anywhere else? For goodness sake, Kentucky has so many one-and-dones that they only have to stay academically eligible for one semester by taking the easiest courses available. And I’m sure Calipari makes it known he isn’t concerned with their academics.

Anyways, if State wants to become a respected basketball program, you need to get your fans in check.

That can all be succinctly summed up as bull. I’ve witnessed all that and more from UNC fans directed towards duke fans. I’ve experienced some of it directed at me as a state fan. I’ve seen it from state fans directed at a UNC fan. I once was part of a group that had a UNC fan with us that nearly had to fight off a mob of drunk state fans on F-bomb alley to keep them from attacking the UNC fan. It happens everywhere. Take off your blue tinted glasses and look at reality. It isn’t pretty.

As for the scandal, remember, this is a self-inflicted wound. 4 decades of holier than thou, carolina way, winning the right way, graduation rates, good grades, etc that was constantly rubbed in the faces of other fans by the media and UNC fans. Now it comes out that what we knew all along was true. It was bull. It was a veil of lies to cover up what is arguably the largest cheating scandal in recent history that was not only a huge recruiting incentive, but also kept players eligible. These weren’t “easy” classes. They were fake. No work. No effort. Institutional cheating!

I for one don’t give a damn UNC cheats. Everybody skirts the rules. But when you piss on me for 40 years and tell me it is rain, you deserve all the derision the world has to give when they figure out it is piss.

TopTenPack
    Participant

The volunteers behind StateFansNation have really built something special here.

Article that are posted to the blog should be well considered and educated. Whether you like it or not, what these individual put here are considered a statement from the NC State Fan base as a whole not statements from individuals.

I think the article was in very poor taste and this apology is half ass.

redcanine
    Participant

What’s the BFD? About a title of a thread?

Post game threads around here, IMO, are like internet locker room celebrations. Smack is talked, fives are highed, and names are besmirched while popping corks of euphoria. I love it, so please don’t take it away.

Sucked all the air up out the room.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’m offended we’re still talking about it, and I’m going to send a telegram to my congressperson asking them to set up a government body to approve all internet posts.

lumbee wolfman
    Participant

sweetjess1951 wrote:

yet it is totally acceptable in the NCSU fan base to display hurtful signs and make hurtful comments on the internet towards the UNC players. Does that happen at the Duke or UNC games? No, it does not.

And in regards to the cheating scandal, State’s program has been involved with a scandal just as Carolina has. So please don’t act like you guys are angels. Do you honestly think this doesn’t happen anywhere else?

1 – Been to a dozen games at Keenan, where I was verbally abused and had objects thrown at me (cups of ice and drinks with ice). Your statement is false, and Your powers of observation are distorted.

2 – Why are you on this blog? There’s another blog, “Tarheelblog.com” that might be to your liking.

3 – I had 3 classes with athletes, none of which were easy. I tried to enroll in “easy classes”, never found one.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Does that happen at the Duke or UNC games? No, it does not.

I’m sorry, but you’re delusional. Everyone wants to toss out these magnanimous stories about Dean Smith, and I will accept that they are true. Never met him, never liked UNX, WHATEVER. However, I think we all agree he was one of the greatest coaches of all time.

But I disagree that this doesn’t happen at other schools. I went to NCSU 2007-2011. I went to UNC Law 2011-2014. I was heckled by UNC fans at the football game in 2012 (where I had front row seats to the collapse). So what’s your point? There are idiotic fans everywhere, and usually they are students. You really want to argue using the actions of 18-22 year olds? I cringe when I think about how stupid I was at 21, let alone 18. Now, I don’t remember hurling insults of that magnitude, but I have done my fair share of dirt, especially towards ACC refs. Hell, look at the Miami fan who pushed Cat Barber. What about the Kansas State fans who attacked Bill Self and Jamari Traylor the other night? Bottom line, kids will be kids and you should get over it. The same can be said for adults who post online.

You can’t lump all fans into one category. I read the article last night, and yea, maybe I’m too young to understand it, but I wasn’t upset or even embarrassed for my school. Because I realize that one post, written by one person on a fan forum, does not define my alma mater. And I’m going to savor this victory. Because it’s been a long time coming.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’m offended we’re still talking about it, and I’m going to send a telegram to my congressperson asking them to set up a government body to approve all internet posts.

Ominous authority entity here, hijacking this account to say WE ARE ALREADY WATCHING!

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Ok, we’ve got a great offense going here. Can we work on our defense now?

apollocreed
    Participant

If you really wanted to focus on our student athletes and our huge win last night, you would have just deleted the post and apologized. Rehashing everything in the old post and trying to explain it away does just the opposite…

Stay classy statefansnation

Heelh8r
    Participant

I even tried as a student there to become a fan.

All because we wore Carolina gear.

Let’s see, you were a State student attending a game at PNC wearing Carolina gear while you were trying to become a State fan. Did I get that right? How hard could you have been trying?

Charley2013
    Participant

This guy sounds confused about who he is and seems a little delusional, cut him some slack

highstick
    Participant

“But when you piss on me for 40 years and tell me it is rain, you deserve all the derision the world has to give when they figure out it is piss. ”

I’m gonna “bronze” the above quote. Ranks right up there with something from Dirty Harry or John Wayne.

One thing I’ve learned over the years having “divided loyalties”, none of which are to the Carolina with the blue in the emblem, is that there are jerks in every team’s fan base and their are reasonable people in every team’s fan base. I do my best to avoid the jerks altogether. I had a bad feeling that someone would do or say something that would just give the Holes an excuse. We’ll never hear the end of this just like “Everybody does it”!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Spike
    Participant

I thought the headline and article last night were in poor taste. Today I don’t know which is worse, the half ass “apology” or the attitude by StateFans in the response later. It’s your website and you can write whatever but I am one more that is headed out and you’re driving more in that direction.

wolfpackwins
    Participant

I was one of the people who believed the article last night was in poor taste, but this is almost worse to me. What makes it stupid in my opinion is that the article divided the fan base after a huge win. It was a perfect opportunity to rally all the Wolfpack fans but instead directed a joke at coach smith. Insulting the people who make the site successful (in this case, the fans) is a pretty bad move in my opinion. I love coming to this site, it offers the best analysis and a truthful outlook on our sports programs. But you should know when to give up a losing battle. If it was made as a reference to an old self directed joke, then include that for context. I look forward to moving on past this, hopefully everyone can learn from mistakes that were made.

And most importantly, I hope we smash BC on Saturday. That looks like it has ncss written all over it.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Insulting the people who make the site successful (in this case, the fans) is a pretty bad move in my opinion.

And exceedingly ironic considering how often we’ve complained in the past about the administration not respecting the fans.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.