State loses FT contest at WF

Home Forums All StateFansNation State loses FT contest at WF

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

We ran no discernable offense against Wake, at least the parts I saw.

TMD11
    Participant

I guess everybody thought we we’re going to win 20-25 games this year with a nucleus of freshmen and a couple of sophs.

It just doesn’t happen. It almost never happens, and why the ‘cry’ of next year is completely relevant to us this year. And to the posters who refer back to the 90’s and upperclassmen, Wake Forest is a team of upperclassmen, as is Virginia, Syracuse too… in fact most teams DON’T lose their juniors and seniors to the NBA.
    We face an uphill battle this year, but we have talent, and we have big guys with talent, as well as guards with talent.
    But little experience…

Reality.

choppack1
    Participant

Tmd – we lose tj next year and will likely lose some of our experienced players to transfer as well. I am thinking next year will be just as bad as this year.

eas
    Participant

Unless something major changes you can bet Tyler Lewis will be the first on the transfer list. I also agree we may have a few more.

We are also not quite as young as we appear due to the transfers we picked up. We are still young but that is no excuse for some of the issues on both sides of the ball. I did not expect a top 25 team but based on our talent level we are playing well below our potential.

Look, we all have opinions on who is better than who and game critique etc. However, unless you live under a rock you have to agree our offense (or lack there of) has NO ORGANIZATION or flow. Our defense can be described the same way. This team plays HARD but that can’t make up for lack of offensive plays etc. We live and die by our transition offense after missed shots.

At least try to draw up a play on a napkin or something….

Wulfpack
    Participant

Excuses are for losing programs. If you need to come up with an excuse, then you know you are losing.

I watch a lot of ball and there are plenty of coaches out there doing more with less.

eas
    Participant

^^^ Very good point Wulfpack…very good point.

Rick
    Keymaster

Surprised no one has brought up the decision to sub out vandy for Wake’s last play…sure would have been nice to have him guarding the rim for that shot.

That is because anyone with brain knew what was going to happen and went to bed.

I watch a lot of ball and there are plenty of coaches out there doing more with less.

This, you think Wake has more talent than us?

Wulfpack
    Participant

No I do not.

TheCOWDOG

Define talent

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… try this…

1. “Talent” and athleticism are NOT synonyms.
    2. “Talent” is doing more with less…. NOT doing less with more.

And then there are the two dimensions….

1. The Individual
    2. The Team

So may we say that Individual “Talent” does not directly translate into Team “Talent” ??

Basketball is a team sport.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.