State Loses at Louisville, 30-18

Home Forums All StateFansNation State Loses at Louisville, 30-18

Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

Ummm, sorry, but TOB had at best a mediocre performance with two NFL starting QBs and some decent defensive players. With Pete Thomas (4 TDs 9 Ints) Ain’t no way we would have had a win last year, and JB would NOT have transferred to State and just who in heck do you think would be playing QB this year? TOB wouldn’t even have 4 wins this year. I’ll pose that he wouldn’t have 4 wins in the two years. Nope, ain’t no way I’m buying that load of …

Yogi, Why don’t you tell us what you really think? 🙂 I hadn’t thought about it but I think you might be right. 4 wins in 2 years, 24 games, without a conference win is about right.

But let’s stay in the present and worry about winning a couple of conference games this year and being bowl eligible.

YogiNC
    Participant

Laughing @ grey. Sorry, the “woe is me” attitude is getting to me. I see things as better days are just ahead. If TOB had stayed just one more year IMO there would be much weeping and gnashing of teeth. The sad state of affairs that was Wolfpack football was more bleak than many think. The other side of that coin to me is that we got as good a coach as we could have found. Someone willing to take on the challenge. My bet is DD was really worried when he found out just how dire our talent level was when he got here.

Smarter than the average bear

Rick
    Keymaster

I’m not rick, but my prediction if tob was still our coach is two conference wins last year and 2 this year.

With tob, we’d have more wins but no hope. With dd,I have hope but no wins…

For the life of me I cannot figure out why this is relevant. I think TOB should have been fired before he was. But to answer your question, I would imagine he would have a couple of wins each year. Now someone will argue with that opinion and my response would be [shoulder shrug]

Rick
    Keymaster

Sorry I quoted the wrong post. I was answering the person who asked me what TOB’s record would be.

Greywolf
    Participant

Sorry I quoted the wrong post. I was answering the person who asked me what TOB’s record would be.

The old 7:45 brain fart, eh? Even answering the wrong post you are still pretty much right on — it’s irrelevant as are the complaints about last years lack of conference wins. That was last year: this is this year. Let’s take these last 4 one at a time.

ncsu1987
    Participant

VaWolf82 said:

There are a lot of different ways to get fired, but only one way to keep a head coaching job…win. That measuring stick won’t be brought out this year or next. But it will be brought out eventually and it’s doubtful that DD will get as long a leash as Duke gave Cutcliff.

This is the absolute truth. Given the recent (say, the last two decades) of NC State history, DD will NOT get the same leash. He will need to show significant improvement, on a faster schedule. Not saying I like it, or agree with the philosophy, but I absolutely agree that it’s true.

Rick
    Keymaster

The old 7:45 brain fart, eh? Even answering the wrong post you are still pretty much right on — it’s irrelevant as are the complaints about last years lack of conference wins. That was last year: this is this year. Let’s take these last 4 one at a time.

LOL yup
    I am completely agnostic on DD so I have no reason to root against him. I want someone to win here and since he is the coach I hope he wins BIG. A coupke of ACC wins would quiet the rumbling so that is job 1 at this point.

Tuffy2
    Participant

I know this is a off topic but I was wanting to know if there is any truth behind the timing of when the coaching staff or the university learned about what had transpired in regards to (butAlston, Fernandez, Justin Jones, Josh Jones, McKever, Ramos and Stevens)the players involved in the incident that warranted their 1 game suspension? I had heard that the university was made aware of the situation with these players on a Monday or Tuesday the week of the Boston College game? If this is the case why not suspend these players for the BC game and not against the cardinals? Maybe someone could throw some light on this so I may get a better understanding.

I thought suspending these players probably will not teach them a thing and would only hurt the team and the outcome of the game. But I guess letting your teammates down has a long lasting impact that those players will have to live with. That works for me.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Athletic Dept. wasn’t given a list of POSSIBLE player’s names until late Friday. The names weren’t confirmed by Athletic Dept. until Sunday. Suspended on Monday for the following Saturday’s game, which was Louisville.

Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.