State is 4-0

Home Forums All StateFansNation State is 4-0

Viewing 22 posts - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Okay, I agree it may not quite be Mr. Ed versus Secretariat, but the talent disparity is pretty big. I think DD is doing a terrific job, he just doesn’t have the studs yet to get the job done. Another brain freeze by their dope of a QB would certainly help though.

Greywolf
    Participant

the talent disparity is pretty big.

I think the talent disparity in Greenville points to what good coaching and heart can accomplish. It also shows what can happen when that talent doesn’t have the character to keep on keepin’ on. Those stars didn’t mean squat when the purple people eaters got rolling. Some of the boys from brokeback hill packed it in when the going got tough. I don’t expect the Pack to roll over and play dead no matter how tough it gets.

No matter how much talent the Noles have, they can only play 11 at a time. I’m not predicting a win — not out loud anyway, but it wouldn’t be the first highly rated team to lose on one given Saturday.

Now let’s see what Coaches Doeren and Canada have up their sleeves. Passes from the wildwolf, maybe? LB stunts?

At least we won’t have to read about how sorry the other team was on SFN this weekend.

Go Pack!

packalum44
    Participant

I’m happy that we are 4-0 but am keeping expectations tempered. We are very close to being 2-2. Fortunately we are not. You have to win the cupcakes in year 2 – just too hard to keep selling recruits when you lose those games.

Perhaps more noteworthy this season is Fedora being exposed. I appreciate the comparison to Amato. Hopefully we now have a coach who can capitalize on our largest competitor’s failures as opposed to being out-recruited even while they were hindered by one of the largest NCAA scandals in history.

YogiNC
    Participant

Say what you want but GSU ain’t no cupcake and ODU has a QB that can flat play. QB’s make all the difference. TOB over achieved with two NFL QBs. If we hadn’t have had them State would have been plain awful.

Smarter than the average bear

choppack1
    Participant

Yep yogi – but tob/bible had a knack for finding them…I am looking forward to FSU and Clemson game. It sucks that we have a game the week after arguably the 2 best teams in a 14 team conference. We will need our bye week badly.

Greywolf
    Participant

but tob/bible had a knack for finding them

I give Bible all the credit in the world for his ability to coach QB’s – Wilson, Glennon and others — but IICR neither he nor TOB found Russell Wilson. CTC did that. All TOB did was turn the Wilson situation into a clusterf*ck. We didn’t honor our word to Russell. (BTW Wilson’s red shirt was the most expensive RS NC State ever paid for. Fans are allowed a little 20/20 hindsight. Right?) 😉

Greywolf
    Participant

We are very close to being 2-2. Fortunately we are not. You have to win the cupcakes in year 2 – just too hard to keep selling recruits when you lose those games.

The GSU game was close to being a loss, fortunately we weren’t playing horse shoes. Nice job of trying to turn a positive into a negative. FAIL

Hopefully we now have a coach who can capitalize on our largest competitor’s failures as opposed to being out-recruited even while they were hindered by one of the largest NCAA scandals in history.

Gosh, I hope not. Fortunately Dave Doeren will not be ‘capitalizing’ on our competitors failures — not knowingly. We will continue to recruit based on what Coach Doeren and NC State have to offer, not UNC’s failures. There’s a saying, “A dog who’ll bring a bone will take a bone.” Recruits who come here based on UNC’s failures will leave here based on what they consider to be our failures. Let’s work with young men who want what Doeren and NC State have to offer. Those that see the light and de-commit are making their own choices, not Doeren capitalizing on a competitor’s failures. Those failures still have ECU, Duke, Wake Forest and 125 other schools available to them if they want them. We aren’t their only other choice.

Greywolf
    Participant

duplicate

TheCOWDOG

Thanks for some good counters,Mr.Grey.

We could be 0-4, but we aren’t.

tjfoose1
    Participant

but tob/bible had a knack for finding them…

Unless they were handed to them

tjfoose1
    Participant

packalum44,

… and one day we’ll all be dead, so why bother even getting out of bed in the morning.

choppack1
    Participant

Yep. Those 2 had a crappy record finding them @ BC. And bible didn’t have anything to give rw. Give em credit, they changed their offense around for him. He left his first game on a stretcher and that against Rutgers he got hurt at end of half.

There are plenty of valid criticisms of the last staff…not being able develop qbs isn’t one of them.

choppack1
    Participant

Grey – just FYI I did 2 entries on a blog rw’s true freshman year…I was a huge fan early on (still am.) I know the staff gave serious consideration to playing him vs. ECU… But d. Evans started hot and I think the staff decided to keep the redshirt rather than burn it.

Not sure what happened his last year. However, I understand how that happens. I am more of a fan of rw than tob. But I do appreciate what he did vs. A UNC team that was cheating its ass off…during a pretty successful run for them.

tjfoose1
    Participant

There are plenty of valid criticisms of the last staff…not being able develop qbs isn’t one of them.

No one suggested otherwise.

But back to what I did suggest… that is their record of FINDING “them”… at NC State (which is what is relevant here), I would say it actually was, to use your word, “crappy”.

I don’t know what your standards are, but in my world, ONE in 6 years ain’t very good.

In fact, the QB recruiting, if used to represent the recruiting efforts and results as a whole, was so “crappy”, it got TOB/Bible fired.

Fastback68
    Participant

“ONE in 6 years ain’t very good.”

How about zero since 1789??

tjfoose1
    Participant

^ Ok, I’m tired and thinking a little slow this morning, so help me out. I don’t get the Constitution reference / joke here. Or was there something else that happened in 1789 that is noteworthy for our purposes?

Fastback68
    Participant

Not trying to be clever or humorous and not noteworthy by any stretch. I dvr’d the ECU game because I simply don’t watch those teams unless State is playing them. I had the sound off and remember seeing a UNX d-bag with a 1789 founded date t-shirt. A few years ago someone posted a comparison of State and UNX qb stats in response to a GoPack.com article on the subject. UNX QB stats were and still are abysmal. The NFL turned their best QB into an average wr. Hard to fathom how a public ivy can’t grasp the importance of a good leader/passer behind center. Anyway, I watched the pirate game twice and both UNX qbs missed wide open receivers repeatedly. It will interesting to see what fedora does at that position.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

tjfoose1
    Participant

It will interesting to see what fedora does at that position.

“Interesting” is one word.

I’m ashamed to admit I was a little worried when u*nc first hired him. But damn, the more I see and listen… well, I’m starting to honestly believe the man is simply not that bright, perhaps just a ‘system coach’, and not much more.

Fastback68
    Participant

Not interesting in the sense of this year. I have seen Anthony Ratliff Williams play and I readily admit zero knowledge/background with which to evaluate high school football talent but my gut tells me to be wary of this kid. I also recall the observer touting Mark Maye from country day as the qb savior for UNX in the 80’s. I also watched maye play in high school and at the time LMAO. Savior?? Slow clap for 1986 passing efficiency. The hat has many areas to fix.

Greywolf
    Participant

Grey – just FYI I did 2 entries on a blog rw’s true freshman year…I was a huge fan early on (still am.) I know the staff gave serious consideration to playing him vs. ECU… But d. Evans started hot and I think the staff decided to keep the redshirt rather than burn it.

Chop – Easy to see how one might think TOB/Bible recruited RW, they did re-close our LOI offer. Not so easy to see how TOB & Bible could see that DE wasn’t on the scale with RW talent wise and every other kind of wise. Did they think DE was the second coming of Johnny Evans?

If I came across as snippy, I apologize.

Greywolf
    Participant

Not so easy to see how TOB & Bible could see that DE wasn’t on the scale with RW talent wise

Of course that should read “could NOT SEE that DE wasn’t on the scale with RW talent wise…

Viewing 22 posts - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.