State Improves NCAAT Resume

Home Forums All StateFansNation State Improves NCAAT Resume

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Gene
    Participant

Yes, Thursday is the new Friday.

For all intents and purposes, we’ve basically co-opted the Big East Tournament format, moved it to Greensboro and sprinkled in some ACC schools.

packalum44
    Participant

How many more wins until we have a better RPI (and program) than Butler and Dayton?

Heelh8r
    Participant

better RPI (and program) than Butler and Dayton?

Great question. Doing some quick research:
    Dayton-1 appearance in last 3 years – 15 times in ncaa tournament – 1 final four
    Butler-1 appearance in last 3 years – 12 times in ncaa tournament – 2 final fours
    NC State – 3 appearances last 3 years – 25 times in ncaa tournament – 3 final fours – 2 National Championships

Who would you say has the better program?

JeremyH
    Participant

Finishing top 4 would be great. And particularly it would be good to avoid the scenario where we have a deep run in the ACC tournament (that requires a high game count) coupled with an immediate “Last Four In” game; I think that was a factor in our elimination game last year.

Texpack
    Participant

Three out of four in last night’s RPI helper games resulted in our RPI going from 38 to 40.

lawful
    Participant

Is the one on ESPN not the same? They say RPI 35.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Three out of four in last night’s RPI helper games resulted in our RPI going from 38 to 40.

Nitpick alert: The RPI RANKING went from 38 to 40.

I think that the problem with Palm’s “Reader” is that it also needs to include the teams ranked just ahead and just behind you as well. You want that group to lose.

Another way to think of it is that State’s win on Tuesday could easily have moved them past teams that haven’t had their mid-week game yet. So when you jump something like 15 spots, it’s not hard to imagine that if some of those teams win on Wed-Fri, then they could jump back ahead of State.

I try to get the RPI rankings on Fri and Mon for the RPI trending graphs to minimize that effect.

There are frequently small differences between the various RPI calcs. I guess you get what you pay for.

Wufpacker
    Participant

As long as we’re in the 20s with these guys, I’m not sweating the small stuff. FWIW, the bubble usually bursts in the mid 40s, dependent upon what happens in conf tourneys. Also, before anyone has a conniption about our #25 RPI shown here, they use the old RPI formula…but it doesn’t/hasn’t ever affected their accuracy.

Just win baby (2 out of 3 and we won’t have to sweat the ACCT prayers).

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

choppack1
    Participant

I would say this…if you’re new RPI, old RPI, sagarin and ken pom are all under 40, you are good to go. I think we need to win 3 of our last 4 to do that. Beating BC makes that much more likely.

Texpack
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Texpack wrote:</div>

Nitpick alert: The RPI RANKING went from 38 to 40.

I think that the problem with Palm’s “Reader” is that it also needs to include the teams ranked just ahead and just behind you as well. You want that group to lose.

Another way to think of it is that State’s win on Tuesday could easily have moved them past teams that haven’t had their mid-week game yet. So when you jump something like 15 spots, it’s not hard to imagine that if some of those teams win on Wed-Fri, then they could jump back ahead of State.

I try to get the RPI rankings on Fri and Mon for the RPI trending graphs to minimize that effect.

There are frequently small differences between the various RPI calcs. I guess you get what you pay for.

I was hoping for this kind of response. I knew I would get it because I actually pulled for Richmond last night. You can tell that even the fan base is focused.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.