Spring Practice +

Home Forums StateFans Football Spring Practice +

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

Tomorrow is the conclusion of the 2017 spring practice. The format will be different from the past but will be interesting and beneficial for the team. The first 3 quarters of practice will be at what the coaches call “thud tempo” and stresses opening drive, situational and red zone. There will be contact but no tackling to the ground. The 4th quarter will be a scrimmage with involving the 2s and 3s.

An unusual feature will be what they are calling Packball, which is a Special Teams competition between 4 teams — each with a captain and a coach from the coaching staff. Des Kitchings, George McDonald, Aaron Henry and George Barlow are the coaches. This takes place before the first 3 quarters.

It’s intended to be a learning practice for the players, for the fans educational as to how the team practices. I was disappointed at first that the game format was not going to happen but the more I hear the better I like it.

That’s it in a nutshell and probably more than you wanted to know. 😉

Wanna know what College Football News thinks of the Wolfpack football 2017? http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/sleeper-college-football-conference-championship-contenders
    This may be a little far out for some of us but it is what it is.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.