Spring Game

Home Forums StateFans Football Spring Game

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

I went to the 1st half of the spring game and Holy Cow! I am officially a Jacobi Meyers fan. That guy can run! He throws a nice short ball, but good luck to defenses trying to contain him. I swear, he’s faster and shiftier than Russell Wilson. I’m excited.

choppack1
    Participant

The only problem with a spring game – does the player look so good because of the quality of the competition?

Also, qb can’t be hit so that’s another issue. I have made this game more than I have missed it. However, timing this year wasn’t good.

Any other thoughts on the game?

redisgood
    Participant

No question playing against the 2nd string defense helps, but despite that you can see how fast he is and he’s got great moves. The defense couldn’t have hit him even if they were allowed. They couldn’t catch him. The only issue with Jacoby which he will get better in time is going through his progressions. If his 1st read isn’t there, he’s gone. But man, can he go.

My other takeaway is Johnny Frasier is the real deal. Frasier and Matt Dayes are going to be a dynamite combo.

I also think everyone is going to like the new offense. Even though it was pretty vanilla, it was still fun to watch. It’s strictly no huddle, and is going to be murder on the other teams’ defense.

Other than that, with so many guys not playing today, and the firsts going against the seconds, it was hard to really tell much of anything.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.