Spring Game is here!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Spring Game is here!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Gorgeous day for the @KayYowFund Spring Game for @PackFootball … Hope to see you there! #GoPack pic.twitter.com/86OJqHxVKU— NC State Athletics (
    [See the full post at: Spring Game is here!]

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Great news… just in from Carter Stadium…

Students spilling onto Hillsborough Street and celebrating…
    We Won the Football Game !!!

It’s all downhill from here…

Pop!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    mak4dpak
    Participant

Still not a real game situation, but our new QB looked good, as well as our 1st team defense. Guess we will find out how good in the fall. Go Pack!

choppack1
    Participant

Brisset threw one horrid pass on 1st and 10 aside from that he looked pretty good. New guys look pretty good.

The mistakes I saw yesterday can’t be made on gameday but 1st team looked good. Of course that may say more about 2nd team and depth.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Not football related but what is up with the baseball team? Hopefully the upcoming home stand will get them back on track, way too many errors costing us games, like the Duke game today, allowing 6 runs in the last two innings and losing by one. UNC Tuesday at the DBAP, but doesn’t count on our record. We are certainly underachieving this year, after last season, with most of the team back. That has got to change, or we don’t even make the ACC tourney.

tjfoose1
    Participant

The below is based ONLY on what I saw Saturday.

My take is a little different on Brissett. Yes, he has an arm and did well in the short game – pre snap and quick reads. Overall, he looked good. A huge improvement over last year, but that’s not really saying much.

However, I thought he struggled with progressive reads. That’s especially concerning since our D was in a vanilla nickel for practically the entire day.

Hard to judge his running, but he’s not particularly elusive. He’ll be more of a quick read and hit the hole runner than a dance and scramble type.

He throws a nice long ball, but the accuracy needs work. He hit a few in perfect stride, but missed more very badly.

But it’s only spring.

Bo Hines did impress. Tough player, nice hands. He’s in the mix for a starting slot.

Nothing really stood out on D. The freshman DB has talent, but also a lot to learn. I noticed the same problem as last year. No playmakers.

But it’s only spring.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Nothing behind Brissett on the depth chart. Unless we have a stud showing up in the fall, an injury to JB ends the season.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Agree on no QB back up plan. But all still somewhat of a mystery til we really play. Hopefully the early schedule we have will get us ready for the likes of FSU, and Clemson. It can’t be worse than last year. Also did anyone get the attendance numbers for the game? Saw the smurfs on the news, and the stands looked pretty empty.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I may have pissed myself upon realizing that Foose just described a faster version of Harrison Beck. Eep.

howlie
    Participant

^If you are following the lemmings over the cliff, don’t follow Harrison Beck crowd–that was the pro set. The longrange gunslinger never knew what the short game was.

I believe (<–there’s that word) that Jacoby will be able to ‘make his reads’ between high tailing it and hitting our receivers on a slant… drawing in the defense to set up the long ball… or the pitch to a RB.

I’m not sure how many ‘progressions’ there are in this offense beyond those choices.

BJD95
    Keymaster

LOL, not going over the cliff. I give the staff a full pass on results until 2015. Just hope that QB play makes us more interesting this year, at least!

Going through progressions/reading defenses is kind of a hobby horse for me as a fan. I love watching it done well (ie, Russell Wilson).

Know who was REALLY bad at it? Daniel Evans. Bigger problem for him than size or arm strength.

packbackr04
    Participant

what was Nate tweeting about not being able to get into the gym? anyone have any info on that?

pakfanistan
    Participant

what was Nate tweeting about not being able to get into the gym? anyone have any info on that?

Looks pretty straight forward. He tried to get into Carmichael, and apparently was told, “no dice”, without a current student ID.

pakfanistan
    Participant

BTW, I really like Doeren and hope he does well. I think he’s a fantastic contrast to Fedora.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.