So, Ya Got a Visit To South Bend

Home Forums All StateFansNation So, Ya Got a Visit To South Bend

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

” It’s a boy, Mrs. Dog! It’s  boy!” Mrs. Dog smiled and drifted off. Drifted off into dreams of the boy wearing colors of blue and gold. It was pre-or
    [See the full post at: So, Ya Got a Visit To South Bend]

Pack78
    Participant

Can’t help but note that the engine has gotten larger and it’s pullin’ some cars…

44rules
    Participant

So you played football and baseball for the Pack? I guess I probably read that somewhere Mr. Dog but forgot it along the way. You’re the original Russell Wilson!

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

choppack1
    Participant

Cow – as always appreciate your truly unique perspective.

This game is a “national” game of interest and it’s impact is solely a national one. We win and we are a story nationally and play the biggest game we have played in the last 25 years.

We lose and as cd implied – we can still win the ACC football title which would be the biggest revenue sports accomplishment since the 1983 championship, IMHO.

ncsu1987
    Participant

Hey, CD: thx for keeping the lights on…really appreciate reading every week.

Figured you would have some nostalgia this week….nice read…

PackerInRussia
    Participant

That was a nice trip down memory lane. Now go out there with all you’ve got and win just one for the Cowdog.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

This Wolfpacker has never been to South Bend…

But I’ve been to Gary, Kirksville and Martinsville… all in Indiana…
    And I was recommended for IU in Bloomington… but declined….

More than a few of NCState’s best men and women… had other schools ahead of the Wolfpack on their high school A-list….

God works in mysterious ways… for Catholics, Protestants, Hebrews and Muslims alike….

————————–

As MaterMan reminded us a few weeks back of the old, and I mean old, adage…

“A NC State man needs no introduction.”

The Wolpack will represent in South Bend at 3:30pm….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant

God works in mysterious ways… for Catholics, Protestants, Hebrews and Muslims alike….

What in the damn hell are YOU talking about?

McCallum

etab4u
    Participant

CowDog, or however you pronounce it, as one who spent a brief part of his youth also on the banks of, or in, Canadaway Creek and ended up wearing the red and white of NC State, I think you made the right decision. Had you gone to ND we wouldn’t have the enjoyment of your storied posts and the insights of one who has played the game.
    Going to high school in a largely Catholic area there were more ND fans who couldn’t find South Bend on a map than UN* supporters in the sports apparel section of a NC Walmart. I never cared much for them either. Go Pack!

TheCOWDOG

Can’t help but note that the engine has gotten larger and it’s pullin’ some cars…

Yes!

So you played football and baseball for the Pack? I guess I probably read that somewhere Mr. Dog but forgot it along the way. You’re the original Russell Wilson!

State has a deep and rich history of 2 sporters.

Look for the LB core to play well this Saturday. I have noticed Pratt’s development in particular.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Thanks for the lead-off from CD! Born in the north and growing up Catholic (combined with a family connection to Hesburgh) made cheering for Notre Dame all but a given. Those days are long forgotten and I think this NC State team is ready to reward us.

I think we cover the spread here, but a W hinges upon winning the turnover battle or hitting a couple of special/trick plays.

choppack1
    Participant

Some random thoughts:

1) This is an elimination game for the college football playoff. If we win, the next week is the same thing. (I am using elimination game in it’s strictest sense, both teams are still alive for the bid, but the team that loses is eliminated.)
    2) IMHO, the key is us getting ahead early, so we need a fast start (read opposite of SCAR game.)
    3) Notre Dame deserves to be ranked higher than us. Their “book of work” is clearly more impressive at this point and that worries me, as its usually a pretty good indicator of the outcome.
    4) This is counter-balanced by the fact that DD does pretty well after bye weeks.

5) Weather is favoring the domers. Forecast has gotten colder and colder. There’s also a chance of rain. They are probably as happy with this as we were about the hurricane.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Dropped $280 on the ND moneyline to win $100. Will gladly buy a win.

TheCOWDOG

“CowDog, or however you pronounce it, as one who spent a brief part of his youth also on the banks of, or in, Canadaway Creek and ended up wearing the red and white of NC State, I think you made the right decision.”

I am so chagrined to have missed the Canadaway Creek reference. I just got trolled by a homie?

McCallum
    Participant

This thread title makes me think of dirty leprechaun jokes.

McCallum

tractor57
    Participant

Maybe you can visit South Bend and share those with our “friends” 🙂

mak4dpak
    Participant

This this the furtherest I have been for a football game. Thank God for flying. Been here since Thursday with family. Making my first trip to South Bend. Hope I am not disappointed. I did remember that, we are 2-0 vs. the Irish, and I was in fact there to see both of those victories. Would love to see a third. Go Pack! And thanks COWDOG! You do your part.

Texpack
    Participant

This team has the right temperament to make this trip. They can play with energy and still be under control. If State can do that we will have a chance at the end.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

On the night before the BIG GAME…

I’m thinking that all the hype poured on the Golden Domers by the talking heads this week works to our advantage by tempering the natural BigHeadNess we might have after beating FSU and DaVille and sitting 6-1…

Do your thing, get a good night’s sleep and tomorrow afternoon let’s knock the shine on those gold helmets and leave it ALL on the field…

Do that men and the Scoreboard will take care of itself….

Frankly, I’m more concerned about the Coaches stepping up or blinking than our kids…
    We’ll just hold our breath on that one….

GO WOLFPACK !!

POP!!!

coyotejoe
    Participant

Back in the 90’s, a kid from here in Ernul, NC toted the pigskin for Lou Holtz up in South Bend. Lee Becton was a star at West Craven High School, and Lou came to Ernul and persuaded him to head north. I did pull for Notre Dame in those years, but now the only gold top I like is my Les Paul.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^As I guy who has a classic smooth maple neck Tobacc0 Road “Strat”… I understand this….

archdalepack
    Participant

Coyote, I was working in New Bern his Sr year, went to game to see this RB and the QB. Never seen so many defenders bounce off a RB. He looked like Bo. How did Holtz find this kid. One of the reasons I still like Holtz!

coyotejoe
    Participant

archdalepack, I guess Lou knew about this area of the state, since Roland Hooks came from just down the road. I was in school with Roland’s younger brother Robert.

coyotejoe
    Participant

BOTB, I like ‘Strats too…as a matter of fact, I had one tattooed on my upper right arm when I was in the Army…my Dad just shook his head when he saw it.

YogiNC
    Participant

BOTB and Joe, Hammond B-3 with twin leslies and a couple of synths here. Let’s find some sticks and strike up a band. Conjure up some Santana “Black Magic Woman” for today’s game, Jobu is no help on a football field. I want to see that QB get crumpled just like our D did to the QB back in Jax at the Gator bowl. I want to see him get Chubbed.

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 209 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.