So, it was national signing day in football

Home Forums StateFans Football So, it was national signing day in football

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    ryebread
    Participant

Grey: Yep, clock management is awful. A friend of mine is a Duke grad but likes NC State (didn’t grow up in Nc but liked V). He watches some of our games and has commented on how awful DD is at managing the clock, keeping the foot to the floor, etc.. Watching K all of those years, Duke fans know about killer instinct and also when it is not there, and DD just doesn’t have that.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We also need to keep playing to score deep into the 4th quarter instead of burning 10 minutes of clock when we have a substantial lead.

From a glass half full perspective, this is a problematic situation that we rarely have.

McCallum
    Participant

The glass is half empty.

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

The glass is half empty.

McCallum

It’s pretty much empty.

McCallum
    Participant

It must not be good satire if it must be explained.

McCallum

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

So once again, it’s WTNY.

Never heard that before.

4in12
    Participant

I’m wondering where the DB’s are. Personally, I thought our defensive secondary was the weak spot in our team. So a recruiting class that’s supposed to fill needs has 2 DB’s? I don’t get it.

Greywolf
    Participant

I’m wondering where the DB’s are. Personally, I thought our defensive secondary was the weak spot in our team. So a recruiting class that’s supposed to fill needs has 2 DB’s? I don’t get it.

Our secondary definitely needs improving but not by recruiting freshman. We needed freshmen who could play in 2013, but that is not the case in 2017. IOW recruiting for needs by a team that is building depth is not recruiting freshmen who can play right away.

We will be graduating most of our D-line after 2017 and 18. Our LBs will be seniors in ’17. Filling needs occurs for those depleted positions a couple of years away.

Our secondary wasn’t weak. One corner was drafted, the other while not great was not weak. We have a good corner who will be a Jr. and a better corner who will be a soph. One red shirt freshman is highly regarded and will play. Our safety situation is deep.

We also have recruited a RB or 2 who could convert to corner or safety. Not all positions are in the same situation need wise every year.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.