Snowbound ACC Basketball Update

Home Forums All StateFansNation Snowbound ACC Basketball Update

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Well I trust that all our readers in the mid-Atlantic region have stocked up on their essential provisions for the blizzard of 2016. [See the full post at: Snowbound ACC Basketball Update]

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hey, I just hope we still play tomorry. I knew when NC State, of all places, announced around 5pm yesterday it would be closed today…shit really was gonna go down. Ice capades for sure. Been up since 6:30, haven’t heard a single car out in my Apex neighborhood yet. Maybe SOME folks do have a scintilla of grey matter left after all, in this “Donald Trump being taken seriously” world.

And since VA was begging for it, this has enough country vibe in it that he might like. Great little band out of Southern Indiana that I hope to see (if I can justify an exception from my recluse-hood) at Cat’s Cradle in April. Also madly in love with the lady on keyboards.

MrPlywood
    Participant

If Dook can’t make it over it’s a forfeit, right?

That band has a nice vibe. They’re playing the Sasquatch Festival in WA at the end of May, and they’re the kind of band that might make the trip to Victoria. I’ll keep an eye out for them. You should start a NST music thread 🙂

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Wow, that’s really shocking about Clemson. VaWolf, you should go around to schools and give lectures on the importance of OOC scheduling. You could guarantee a path to the NCAA Tourney (different from an appearance in the NCAAT) and charge large speaking fees. It’d be like those Insider articles on ESPN. Sure, you could find this information somewhere else, but wouldn’t you rather pay for it and feel exclusive?

TheCOWDOG

Hey Ply! Ya gotta get out of Saskatoon, from time to time.

http://www.statefansnation.com/forums/topic/guy-clark/

BJD95
    Keymaster

If Dook can’t make it over it’s a forfeit, right?

That band has a nice vibe. They’re playing the Sasquatch Festival in WA at the end of May, and they’re the kind of band that might make the trip to Victoria. I’ll keep an eye out for them. You should start a NST music thread :)

I bet so, too! And if’n one is EVER in WA state and doesn’t take the ferry into Victoria, they’uns just cray-cray.

Wulfpack
    Participant

State/Duke to play as scheduled. UVa’s game postponed to Sunday night.

TheCOWDOG

Ha!Beej! Bouncy little number.

I’ll be damned if that wasn’t shot in Desert Hot Springs. That’s San Jacinto Mountain in the backdrop.

Man, I miss the desert on a day like today.

Wufpacker
    Participant

MrPlywood
    Participant

Why? It’s 60 degrees and sunny today 🙂

I did go to Copenhagen in October (business) and saw these local dudes, known as Grumpynators. They are rockabilly (who knew?) with some Danish metal mixed in: https://youtu.be/BVIRhtlWu8o

It was an excellent show, among the locals. The middle act was a full on skinhead metal band that initially had me looking for the nearest exit, but they were harmless.

For BJD, here’s a wonderful singer/songwriter from Sweden, Sarah McDougall. I saw and met her at Rifflandia in Victoria. https://youtu.be/kolu5mBA3as

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

VaWolf…
    On a day like this down here at the Beach…
    38 -39 degrees and 2 and 3 tenths rain and thunderstorms so far…
    and cold water standing everywhere…

I’d rather be by the fireplace with the snow falling somewhere in the hills of the Northern Piedmont….

:>}

PACK could surprise some folks tomorrow…
    but I’m thinking Coach Rat will bring his boys to town MAD….

we shall see….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Bill, if you move to the Piedmont for an occasional snowy day, you risk getting sleet/freezing rain and the resulting power outages that leave you huddled next to the fireplace.

Snow is nice, but I’d swap with you in a blink.

choppack1
    Participant

The only problem with the beach is that you don’t get snow….I love sleet, snow, big storms…if I am allowed to have my ship come in I will build on my lot on the coast and will head to the Shenandoah when I see a forecast like this…and yea, go to 10 football games a year.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Chop, build it in Tofino 🙂

http://www.wickinn.com/winter-storm-watching

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Now it does snow at the Beach…

just not this year…

I picked 10 bushels of lettuce on the Farm on January 3rd…

choppack1
    Participant

Torfino – I see the ocean and I want to swim in it! But I would enjoy the heck out of watching those waves.

Bill – it does sometimes – but I like the disasters!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Why? It’s 60 degrees and sunny today :)

I did go to Copenhagen in October (business) and saw these local dudes, known as Grumpynators. They are rockabilly (who knew?) with some Danish metal mixed in: https://youtu.be/BVIRhtlWu8o

It was an excellent show, among the locals. The middle act was a full on skinhead metal band that initially had me looking for the nearest exit, but they were harmless.

For BJD, here’s a wonderful singer/songwriter from Sweden, Sarah McDougall. I saw and met her at Rifflandia in Victoria. https://youtu.be/kolu5mBA3as

LOVE the female singer-songwriter types, and Nordic acoustic folk is also wonderful. NICE FIND! Bet she was excellent live. Lucky Canuck bastard!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Guys, I’ve lived in the Piedmont twice totaling 45 years…
    and I like all four seasons …

besides it’s snowed or iced or something white and hard in ILM six out of the eight winters we’ve been here…

just not this year…

it’s warmed up to 47 degrees and we’ve had another inch of rain…

I’m supposed to start planting cabbage, kale, peas, carrots, radishes, taters and few other things in two weeks…

ya’ll stay warm

BJD95
    Keymaster

Back to original premise, I find it hilarious that we are ahead of Clemson, despite our 1-5 ACC record. The difference is having a meh OOC schedule (which happened to us by mostly misfortune, as can happen) vs. a putrid one (which is no accident).

VA’s lecture to coaches ADs should be a very short one, followed by a round of face slapping.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hope all ya’ll GOTT electricity this morning !!

Best I can tell — the Dook game is still on tap for 2:00pm right ???

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yep. It would take a massive “act of God” before the powers that be would let one cancel on CBS national coverage.

Which is good, I could use the distraction.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

FWIW, remember that tonight is the Full Wolf Moon. A good omen.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/full-wolf-moon-2016-means-040000547.html

BassPacker
    Participant

No power here n Mayberry rural Harnett County but still got battery power smartphone. Go Pack. Need some positive results to cheer up this winter ice storm gloom.

13OT
    Participant

You gotta love it when you’re sitting here in Wake County (or elsewhere), unable to get out onto the roads, holding tickets to today’s game (as are about 19,000 others). The State Highway Patrol and numerous area media outlets are telling us to stay off the roads. The governor, on tv, says that this game should nevertheless be played without anyone there to watch (so that we could hear the bounce of the ball and the players’ conversations), and on top of that, the ACC Comish and the Wolfpack AD are encouraging everyone to stay home and watch it on tv.

Will there be a ticket exchange or a refund? I paid $70 for these tickets, not to mention WPC dues and LTR fees. Do the paying fans matter anymore?

I get it that rescheduling wouldn’t be that easy, but come on- these two schools are only 20 miles apart, and this game could easily have been played at a later date. It’s not like one school would have to fly its team in here.

With all due respect to our ACC and Wolfpack officials, you got this one wrong.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I feel this game would have been canceled if we were playing anyone else. You just know coach K was frothing at the mouth and vocal as hell about it at the chance to play an “away” game with NO crowd to create any kind of home court advantage.

The governor just got done spending 5 minutes telling the entire State not to attend this game. I think he is pissed they are still going to play.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.