Sneaker Deals gone amuck

Home Forums All StateFansNation Sneaker Deals gone amuck

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    rthomas44
    Participant

You can not make this up! Much more interesting than worrying about the flexing of the knee. SleasySneakergate is right!

ryebread
    Participant

Burn it all down and use real students. So sick of the one sided BS application of the rules anyway. The whole thing is a farce. No wonder these fools think they deserve to get paid, they just want a raise!

All the coaches, AD’s, insiders, reporters or anyone who knew this crap went on and have said nothing forever are just as guilty IMO. That includes the sanctimonious announcers (Bilas etc).

I hope it all blows up. Tear down the NCAA too for that matter, its a joke.

My thoughts exactly. I’d be 100% fine watching a bunch of Rudy’s play.

highstick
    Participant

^in South Carolina, they probably do more research 90 miles to the west than in Columbia — we need to ask HighStick, he would know best….

Tanner says “No”. The guy was an assistant a couple of years ago, but was not there last year. http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/article176117596.html

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Stick….

That “No” is legal posturing…
    and in no ways supports the guts of the rest of the article….

Still… I’ll bet a dollar there’s more dollars of “Research” done at Clempsom that in Columbia…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    packalum44
    Participant

Can anyone decipher Cameron Bennermans tweet?
    On one hand he seems to dismiss the serioussness claiming this is common place. On the other hand, he gives an anecdote which shows nc state to be extremely strict.

Also what is the statute of limitations?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

If we PAID Big Money… we GOTT f’d….

It’s cheaper to buy an Election than a good Basketball Team this days…

POP!

highstick
    Participant

Stick….

That “No” is legal posturing…
    and in no ways supports the guts of the rest of the article….

Still… I’ll bet a dollar there’s more dollars of “Research” done at Clempsom that in Columbia…

Depends on “what kind of research”…Actually, those Clempson athletes probably make good test lab specimens…

The article was from McClatchey so you can probably count on a few misquotes, spelling errors, and opinion based on wishful thinking on the part of the newspaper.

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Stick… you’re always looking for the invisible and subtle and overlooking the obvious…

I’m talking about the kind of real research that land grant universities do… not the social kind that liberal arts schools do…

POP!!!

ryebread
    Participant

If we PAID Big Money… we GOTT f’d….

My thoughts exactly. If we paid, then that’s just another thing we suck at. We can’t even get that right.

I won’t say we didn’t pay. The whole thing is so dirty that I’d suspect 99% of the D1 programs have colored outside the lines. I would just say that it is curious how many kids we have lost to Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, Duke, etc. over the years. We’ll have been on a kid incredibly early, be the first to offer, be leading, etc. only to have them end up somewhere with one of the blues.

choppack1
    Participant

There’s nothing suspicious about a kid picking a better program…which all of those currently and indisputably are.

ryebread
    Participant

Chop: I hear what you are saying but I’m not sure I agree. We’re talking about a sport where PT dominates and 50% of the players transfer. The best way to get paid long term is to play early, blow up and get drafted due to potential, not sit on the bench somewhere hoping for PT junior year. By then the NBA is on to the next young thing.

Shrugs… It is coming off as sour grapes, but in life I always try to figure out the other party’s motivation, and to follow the money….

tractor57
    Participant

My opinion has been for a number of years that one and done is a total farce. I like the college baseball model better. I think it is better from the student athlete, the school, and MLB. Would that the NBA would allow such and would support a “farm system”. A kid who is physically ready for the NBA should be allowed there, the unversities and colleges should not have to financially support the NBA.

choppack1
    Participant

Rye – here’s what you need to know about college basketball.

High major prospects travel year round starting at a young age. Elite prospects rarely go to traditional private or public schools.

The whole thing stinks and institution have been created to try to bet on these prospects making boo ku dinero.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

And he says he didn’t know anything about anything….

E$PIN reports…Rick Pitino took in 98 percent of the cash from Louisville’s current adidas deal

I got some high ground land for sale in the Dismal Swamp too…

POP!!!

rthomas44
    Participant

Pitino is heading for the slammer.

ryebread
    Participant

The whole thing stinks and institution have been created to try to bet on these prospects making boo ku dinero.

That’s exactly my point. The whole thing stinks and has for quite some time. We’ve lost way too many kids late to the blues for it not to stink………

To be fair, we’ve probably stolen some late as well. Maverik Rowan is a recent one that came to mind.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I would doubt that Maverick would fall into the category of those who got paid. I would think that would come into play for the elite 5 star players for the most part. Mav was a four star I think and I thought he reclassified and came out early for playing time? But in reality I don’t know how the corrupt system works.

choppack1
    Participant

Not sure who gets paid and how much. Per the indictments, a 5 Star was worth 100k or 150k

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Update… 10/16/17

wral.com reporting today….

CYA in full swing… all roads lead to Indianapolis….

AP Exclusive: Corruption probe prompts reviews of NCAA teams

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.