SMU Banned from Post-season, Larry Brown Suspended Nine Games

Home Forums All StateFansNation SMU Banned from Post-season, Larry Brown Suspended Nine Games

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Per the NCAA: one-year postseason ban, scholarship reductions, vacation of wins, and a nine-game suspension for head coach Larry Brown.

A former assistant men’s basketball coach encouraged a student-athlete to enroll in an online course to meet NCAA initial eligibility standards and be admitted to the university. After he enrolled in the course, a former men’s basketball administrative assistant obtained the student’s username and password then completed all of his coursework. The student-athlete received fraudulent credit for the course and, as a result, competed while ineligible during his freshman season. When speaking with NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete admitted that the former administrative assistant asked him to provide false information during the interview. In its decision, the panel noted it is very troubled that academic advising was administered by athletics staff.

LOL…for

ONE

student. Kind of makes you wonder what the penalty will be for 20 years of them. I’m guessing not much at all.

tractor57
    Participant

Maybe a suspension of 10 games for a ballboy?

MrPlywood
    Participant

Almost every comment on this story on ESPN.com mentions the Holes. This has finally reached a critical mass among general sports fans.

Texpack
    Participant

Houston Chronicle Article

They taught him better than this. You’re supposed to get the faculty chair and ethics professor involved to help keep this stuff covered up

Adventuroo
    Participant

Memory serves me….wasn’t the aforementioned Mr. Brown one of the TOP (if not the very top…as MJ was REALLY not interested in a pay cut) Candidate on DES’s Short List memo to Dickie Baddour.

Even Dickie smelled the stench…..

You gotta LOVE IT.

I WILL HELP FUND a Crying Larry Brown Bobble Head Doll….and suggest that WE donate the proceeds to OUR Pep Band….

Doubt that AD Yow would let us distribute them…..but it would be GREAT for the UNC game.

YES, I am a bit over the top…..

MrPlywood
    Participant

I WILL HELP FUND a Crying Larry Brown Bobble Head Doll

Save your cash for the Roy Williams model.

TheCOWDOG

Sage advice, Ply.

Adventuroo
    Participant

If we see Roy crying….I will DOUBLE my offer….

As the market is tanking….I will take our Account’s SAGE financial advice….and save my Rubles and Yuans……

What’s in YOUR safe?

pack_man_94
    Participant

Based on murder sentences, if you kill one person, you are likely to get the death penalty, if you murder 3 or more, you are insane and sentenced to life in prison, most likely getting out early for good behavior. u*NC is insane and will receive a reduced sentence.

TheCOWDOG

Unx is insane and will be taken away in straightjackets.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

They ought to be taken away in handcuffs for defrauding the taxpayers of this state.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Alpha,

Au Contre…..

Rob (Hey….I NEVER saw Reille when I was EMBEDDED (note Johnny boy was BEDDING – after their first drink – Reille) Christensen has written a piece on this….

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/rob-christensen/article36981054.html

You see, it was “Underfunding” and that PESKY legislature that is meddling. NOW, I am NOT a fan of the BOG….but, at least there are a FEW folks there that have some brains. Mr. Fennewhatever has spent several hundred grand to get to be the Chairman. NOW they (the Legislature) want to take THAT away.

It was OK, when the BOG was totally dominated by the UNC Dems appointed by the NC Dem Legislature. They had their secret handsakes, their secret exotic dancers, etc. BUT, now, let someone call for SUNSHINE and a little transparency…..and BINGO….a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Next thing you know….someone will want to check Mr. Fennewhatever’s email server….the one in his bathroom closet.

This is totally rich….

highstick
    Participant

Agreed, Adventuroo…It is so funny watching the “pots who have been in office in NC for years screwing things up calling the “kettles crooks”…Fact is, show me an NC politician that isn’t a crook…I think it’s “inbred” or maybe it’s the BBQ sauce!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.