Shadrach Thornton turning pro?

Home Forums StateFans Football Shadrach Thornton turning pro?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

There has been some speculation from some in recent weeks that Shadrach Thornton may decide that the time is right for him to declare himself eligible for the NFL. I think some of this is just empty speculation from folks that try to connect the dot that some of his past disciplinary issues may serve to just have him decide it is time to move on. I don’t buy it until I hear otherwise…so, I was very happy today to see Joe Giglio’s tweet:

Gowolves
    Participant

Does this hurt the chances of getting Hines if Thornton stays?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hello Burlington!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ncsu_kappa
    Participant

it shouldn’t hurt our chances, he allows us to demonstrate our commitment to the ground game which should entice recruits like him. But then again if he wants to play as a true freshmen and not redshirt then maybe it does a small bit.

Tau837
    Participant

How does he rate as an NFL prospect? I have been surprised at the speculation because I think he is a long shot to make it.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

How does he rate as an NFL prospect? I have been surprised at the speculation because I think he is a long shot to make it.

I agree. I love Shad and hope the best for him if he does go, but seems like he’d be more likely to latch on as an UFA at this point.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I can’t remember (or find) the exact stat, but Shad averaged 5.5 ypc this year, which was good enough for something like top 5 or 10 in the nation.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Shad would make an NFL roster. Speed, strength, hands, quickness, enough elusivity, and runs HARD. Always ‘finished’ runs and a great YAC.

IMO, as an RB, he’d be wise to enter the draft now.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

IMO, as an RB, he’d be wise to enter the draft now.

So, you think he’d get drafted – and possibly (relatively) early?

If so, then shows what I know haha … good for him if he does go and makes good.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Just my opinion based on what I’ve seen. I’m no draft expert or NFL talent evaluator.

Lots of RBs in NFL that were ‘unknowns’ in college football. Shad shares the skill set they have in common.

He won’t get drafted high though. With the NFL’s RB by committee nowadays, very very few are.

Tau837
    Participant

It’s unclear when the page was last updated… possibly not since August. But nfldraftscout ranks him as RB #44 out of 182 RB prospects. That suggests he would be undrafted if he went pro this year.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Appears the last entry was in August, which would be consistent with that ranking.

TheCOWDOG

What would staying one more year gain him? Seriously.

He’s a 4th rounder now, he most likely will be a 4th rounder next year.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Hey CD, would you drop me a line at pakfanistan at gmail dot com

I have a goofy question for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.