Shadrach Thornton Arrested Again…Sigh…

Home Forums All StateFansNation Shadrach Thornton Arrested Again…Sigh…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Some guys just don’t seem to get “it” — and it appears that Shadrach Thornton is one of them. The talented running Wolfpack running back, fresh off a
    [See the full post at: Shadrach Thornton Arrested Again…Sigh…]

packalum44
    Participant

Having a moped accident is incredibly minor it would be terribly foolish for anyone to set the morality bar higher than average. At least it would give us an excuse for losing.

“Hey we suck at sports but we sure are righteous!!”

Khan
    Participant

Transferred from the other thread:

On another note, hopefully (unless this latest incident is trumped up) Thornton will get kicked off the team and we can finally be done with the drama. Nothing against the guy; he’s quite talented, but it’s clear that he has some pretty major issues that will continue to prevent him being a reliable contributor. It’s time to move on.

TheCOWDOG

Beej has info that needs to get in this thread. And I ain’t gonna repeat myself.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

It’s not how minor the moped wreck is, it’s leaving the area, especially knowing you’re a high profile guy and knowing you’re probably already on your last chance with your coach. And…it’s not exactly a good sign that this won’t happen again.

I’m convinced that the special treatment Chuck Amato gave TA was the beginning of the end of his tenure. His players had a really hard time taking him seriously as a disciplinarian when he was letting TA get away with all of the small indiscretions he did, both on and off the field. If Doeren lets Shadrach slide with this latest ‘little’ thing, what’s he telling the rest of his team?

travelwolf
    Participant

the new cheer: C-O-M-M-U-N-I-T-Y-S-E-R-V-I-C-E

hopefully

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

PackInsider.com ?@PackInsider 2m 2 minutes ago
    Shadrach Thornton is practicing today

Khan
    Participant

It will be interesting to see if the game is even played this weekend. Depending on which weather models you look at, we get between 5 and 15+ inches of rain….and that is not even counting on whether or not the hurricane turns left and comes near through the area, which is a possibility.

Wufpacker
    Participant

It will be interesting to see if the game is even played this weekend. Depending on which weather models you look at, we get between 5 and 15+ inches of rain….and that is not even counting on whether or not the hurricane turns left and comes near through the area, which is a possibility.

Shad my good man, time to trade up to a jet ski.

And stay off the sidewalks, would ya?

13OT
    Participant

Alcohol involvement?

Wufpacker
    Participant

It’s not how minor the moped wreck is, it’s leaving the area, especially knowing you’re a high profile guy and knowing you’re probably already on your last chance with your coach. And…it’s not exactly a good sign that this won’t happen again.

Agreed. Even if everything else was copcetic re: fault and (ahem) other matters, one can’t easily dismiss the decision making after the fact. Or not be curious about the reasons for it, taking Shad’s history into account.

Therein lies at least part of his and DD’s problem even IF everything else is on the up and up.

TheCOWDOG

^ He would not be practicing. Looks more and more like over reaction to this detective.

Rick
    Keymaster

#blackscootersmatter

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Practicing what?

ncsu_kappa
    Participant

this one is a head scratcher… makes you wonder if the guy was like look man let me get your insurance info just in case… and then Shad was like no… or if it was like hey man are you ok? Yeah man I’m fine… then later dude decides he’s not fine and then cops are like where is the other guy he just left once I said I’m fine… which amounts to a technicality.

Seems like this should be a ticket if anything given it was a moped. I’d like to hear the explanation on the ticket and Shad’s side before making a judgment. I would have to tell him that I’m tired of dealing with issues regarding him after the field. He does seem to be a magnet for trouble as some people just are.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

If only the local media pursued the academic fraud at UNC with the same vigor that they are pushing this story…

Seriously, interviewing a 23 year old man’s parents about a minor accident, no matter who it involved?

redisgood
    Participant

^ He would not be practicing. Looks more and more like over reaction to this detective.

Doeren said he just hasn’t had the time to deal with it. Too bad he has to deal with anything other than preparing for Louisville. It may not be a distraction to the team, but every minute of game week is like gold to the coaching staff.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Was he high?

Wolfanatic
    Participant
    PackFamily
    Participant

Doeren said he just hasn’t had the time to deal with it.

Where has he said that? Did he comment on it publicly?

redisgood
    Participant

No worries though. The local media is all over this. I expect they will be interrupting local programming to bring us further updates.

redisgood
    Participant

Doeren said he just hasn’t had the time to deal with it.

Where has he said that? Did he comment on it publicly?

Yes, on the weekly ACC coaches conference call about an hour ago.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I have looked up the moped “laws” because my kid bought a liquor cycle. Not for a double DUI, but rather because she’s anxious about driving a car and kind of lazy about completing drivers’ ed.

You DO need to have a registration, but it’s not really clear whether you have to keep said registration with you while you operate (though I tell my kid to do so). You most certainly do NOT need to have a driver’s license. A state ID is required to get the registration, but nothing in the law about carrying it with you while you operate the moped. Insurance is NOT required, and indeed hard to get.

My semi-educated guess is that these charges won’t stick because the law is so weird/vague, but the ice was already too thin under Old Testament unless the facts are way off base here. Very sad.

redisgood
    Participant

I think with the way the weather is looking this weekend, it’s going to come down to winning the ground battle. Shad obviously would be a big part of that. Maybe it’s time for Reggie Gallaspy to take on a bigger role.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Shit, when the weather is awful, I say bombs away. The defense doesn’t know when you will make your cuts.

Jaylen will eat that kind of football up. He would laugh at pinball in the rain. 12 catches, 275 yards, 5 TDs.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.