SFN Forums have re-launched!!!

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk SFN Forums have re-launched!!!

Tagged: 

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

We are SO EXCITED to welcome (what used to be) the BEST environment to talk NC State sports on the internet and we encourage you to dive back into SFN’s new and improved community to get the great conversations that we used to have flowing again!

In case you don’t remember…or in case you are new to SFN…we don’t allow ridiculous flame wars, trolling, personal attacks and/or overall stupid and factually incorrect comments here. We are not looking to generate ‘traffic’ for the sake of generating traffic. We would much rather provide a fantastic environment for HIGH LEVEL conversations about any and all topics than sell our souls for a few extra clicks.

Please use this thread to highlight any glitches, bugs, observations and suggestions that you may have about the new community.

Thanks so much!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Woo Hoo!!!!!

StateFans
    Keymaster

One note to get you going — please note the ability to ‘TAG’ your posts. If you would take the extra 3 or 4 seconds to appropriately tag your comments then the usability of the forums will grow exponentially in the future.

glasswolf
    Participant

Hopefully less drama and more bite. glad to be here

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Yay

If you guys are ‘Keymasters’ I want to be Gozer.

Gowolves
    Participant

This…gulp… is beautiful. I think I am going to cry.

the_phisherman
    Participant

So excited to see the forums come back. Thanks guys.

Pack78
    Participant

I am glad we’re back…I feel ‘home’ from PP.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Suggestion for blockquotes: is it possible to change the (permanent) font for them? I quoted someone in the game thread and it could be easy to mistake the quote as a part of the post itself.

Ex:

Blockquote

WTNY
    Participant

Thanks for bringing them back.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Keep on coming with the suggestions and observations.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… where’s the button to start a new thread ??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    FunPack
    Participant

Woohoo! Thanks for bringing ’em back. Appreciate your efforts, SFN Team.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I’m also not able to locate a place to start a thread. Maybe I’m missing something obvious. Or maybe I don’t need to start new threads. Entirely possible.
    Very happy to see them back. They were a fun part of the day when they were really hopping.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Hi – a potential fix (unless it’s wufpup user error, which would not be surprising 🙂 )

I attempted to use the ‘<u>link</u>’ code button in a post, but the url or it’s title did not show in the post. When I straight copy and pasted the url into the post without using the ‘link’ button the url appeared in the post.

Thanks 🙂

Edit: Question – it looks like other tags are not supported (such as my failed ‘underline’ attempt)?

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Here’s a question.

I just posted a new entry on the main page and a forum topic was automatically created. It appeared to me that with the default settings you could only add comments to the forum topic and not at the bottom of the entry. That’s not the same as the old setup and also doesn’t make much sense to me. (I edited the entry on the main page so that comments could be entered there.)

For example, when I’m reviewing one of my old Bubble Entries, I often read the comments to see if there is something that I should do differently with the new article. I’ll lose that ability if all of the comments to that old entry are buried somewhere in the forums.

Where does the management want comments to entries on the main page?
    Do the readers want to wade through comments on front-page articles to get to new subjects on the forums?

EDIT
    I couldn’t figure out how to delete the forum topic on my new Bubble Entry, but I did close that topic to new comments. I checked and it looks like comments are still allowed at the bottom of the entry on the main page.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Keymaster…..didn’t they use that on one of the Ghostbuster movies?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Keymaster…..didn’t they use that on one of the Ghostbuster movies?

^Yes, that’s why I want to be Gozer.

NCSU88
    Participant

Glad to have the forums back. There were some great discussions here in the past. Any way to get our Flickr link back?

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Do we still have the ability to send PMs?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Testing a post all up in this mug. No trolling? Not even a little? Oh come on!

Glad the forums are back!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.