Seven Players Suspended for Louisville Game

Home Forums StateFans Football Seven Players Suspended for Louisville Game

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Well, that mountain just got considerably higher. Seven players have been suspended for the Louisville game for firing BB guns at their off campus apartment.

Sophomore wide receiver Johnathan Alston, redshirt freshman linebacker Jerod Fernandez, freshman defensive tackle Justin Jones, redshirt freshman safety Josh Jones, redshirt freshman defensive end Pharoah McKever, sophomore wide receiver Jumichael Ramos and freshman corner Mike Stevens will sit out Saturday.

“These are good young men who made a mistake in not recognizing that this activity could’ve resulted in someone being injured,” Doeren said. “We’ve discussed this with them and they understand they’re being held responsible for their actions.”

Additionally, redshirt student-athletes Tyler Jones, Kalen McCain, Deyshawn Middleton, Terronne Prescod and Maurice Trowell have been placed on team probation.

If I was a cynic, I would say make them play Saturday as their punishment, and let everyone else sit.

“Our players admitted their mistake and we’ll help them learn from it,” Doeren said.

Wulfpack
    Participant

This season is quickly turning into a complete trainwreck (not that we were going to beat Lville anyways).

packplantpath
    Participant

Gebus. Our players can’t even come up with creative ways to get into trouble. I foresee them having a nice future in our sports information department!

http://m.wcti12.com/news/lockdown-lifted-at-greenville-school-3-in-police-custody/28991218

YogiNC
    Participant

Did these guys take a page out of the Winston playbook? Oh wait, we don’t have the TPD to protect them.

Smarter than the average bear

redcanine
    Participant

We probably sucked at shooting too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.