SEC Bo Rein documentary airs Tues @ 9pm

Home Forums StateFans Football SEC Bo Rein documentary airs Tues @ 9pm

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Reminder, this Tuesday, 9/15/15.

The Bo You Don’t Know

TheCOWDOG

There’s at least one old guy bound to turn into a blubbering glob of goo,10 minutes in.

I shall need Mr. Willets very close at hand.

TheCOWDOG

One more thing. If you don’t tune in, I will haunt this site with Cowdog stories ’til the cows come home.

Fair warning.

pakfanistan
    Participant

One more thing. If you don’t tune in, I will haunt this site with Cowdog stories ’til the cows come home.

Fair warning.

Getting more of your stories isn’t much of a threat.

http://www.statefansnation.com/2009/10/a-players-remembrance-of-lou-holtz-bo-rein-and-nc-state-football/

Is still one of the best things I’ve ever read.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’ve already got it set to record.

Channel 384 in the Time Warner Raleigh market.

Texpack
    Participant

Set the DVR. I still remember the moment of silence for Coach Rein when he died before the tip-off in Reynolds.

Gowolves
    Participant

I recorded it, but not had a chance to watch it yet. So how was it?

TheCOWDOG

Picking my spot. Though, a little birdie told me that a certain poster got a 1 second face time shot. Hee hee.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ was gonna ask about that.

It was mostly very good. Very complimentary of the man, and deservingly so.

I’ll refrain from further critique, however.

TheCOWDOG

Wow…Just wow.
    I can’t expect anyone to view through my own eyes.

The production was…good. The truth was laid out. I most certainly did tear up.

I just got thru watching…The wife and I, ’cause she’s heard more stories from me that anyone on that film could not know. Personal one on ones that I don’t have a problem sharing, but I get this feeling that if I did…they’d just take me over the Atlantic ocean, too.

I will say one thing in despise for fellow Wolfcrackers that tout the notion Bo won with Lou’s recruits. Lou won with Earl Edward’s recruits and who Bo brought in when they first showed up in Raleigh.

You don’t know Bo.

Pack78
    Participant

I remember that ’79 season well, our last ACC title-enjoyed the show with my ‘allergies’ really kicking in at the end. Bo leaving for LSU made me think that we were going to be a ‘stepping stone’ program if we couldn’t lock in a big-time coach; we may have that guy with CDD.

Texpack
    Participant

I watched last night and really enjoyed the show. The ’79 win at Clemson to essentially win the ACC, with me in the middle of the Clemson students will always rank near the top of my list of memorable sports moments.

My impression of Bo Rein was always that Woody Hayes influenced his coaching philosophy more than anybody else. I’d be interested in CD’s take on that.

TheCOWDOG

Good question, and a hard one to answer. One must remember that Lou was also attatched to Hayes’ hip.

However, both were a great deal more wide-open in philosophy. I do think that they may have immitated Woody’s intensity.

Those one on ones I mentioned above had little to do with football. Bo was my chief baseball supporter around Reynolds and Case.

When I gave up football to concentrate on baseball, I instantly became personna non grata around the football offices, and to a degree, teammates. Not Bo. In fact, he was soley responsible for bringing me back into the “fold.” Sh#t. Even Holtz started talking to me again…eventually.

tractor57
    Participant

I have no special insights but I was a student during the time Bo (at least through the ’78 season). What I do remember was quality football and no major off field incidents. I also was at that game at the Tiggers in ’79 and oh did I have some fun the next Monday with all the Tigger fans (at that time I was living and working in upstate SC).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.