Saturday Night College Football…

Home Forums StateFans Football Saturday Night College Football…

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well nothing is going to put a damper on the PACK’s HoleStomping, but there’s some good games on tonight…

I know ya’ll all will want to join Trevor Lacy in watching the Iron Bowl at 7:45pm… — football purists delight..
    and on the West Coast there’s Oregon / Oregon State at 8:00 est. — better suited for the night owl new agers…

In other games…
    In Oxford … with 6 min. left in the 1st half… it’s Ole Miss 7 – Miss State 3…

and down at Doak Campbell…
    The NOLES have started their “weekly” comeback in the second quarter and are now leading the GATOR-HOLES 14-9 and are driving into the Red Zone again… GATORHOLES getting chippy…

GATORHOLES will NOT show up for the second half of this one…
    It’s a Bad day for HOLES everywhere!
    Enjoy

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Minnesota/Wisconsin also a good nationally significant game. Buckeyes pulling for the Badgers which would provide the biggest boost next week.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Now that the Noles have seized control, it looks to be a 4-0 ACC sweep of the SEC. Wow.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Doesn’t look like there’ll be much scoring in the Egg Bowl.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

NOLES get a another TD as JaMeIs appears to be totally pissed off and reaching back for a little extra…

JimBo may let ’em put FIFTY on the board…

Wulfpack
    Participant

Miss State getting beat badly.

Fastback68
    Participant

FSU still dangling that rotten chicken leg in front of UF.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Pretty bad PI call on FSU bails out Florida on 4th down …

Wulfpack
    Participant

Let the debates (for the 4 seed) begin. TCU, Baylor, or Ohio State.

Wulfpack
    Participant

And just think what we will have if Bama loses to Aubie (or next week to Mizzou).

BJD95
    Keymaster

No debate. TCU all day.

Remember, the ENTIRE Buckeye shill argument was “don’t really count the VPI loss b/c we didn’t have our QB yet.” Well, they don’t have their QB anymore. So they have no argument, even if a whole lot of domino losses fall their way.

Alabama is in unless they lose twice in a row
    Oregon/AZ winner is in (though Baylor vs. AZ is arguable)
    FSU in if they beat GT
    TCU in if they win next week

BJD95
    Keymaster

Now, who the f-ck knows if Bama DOES lose twice or GT beats FSU.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bama won’t get in with a loss. No way – not this late. It is a three horse race for the 4th spot unless Bama, Oregon or FSU lose.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am reasonably confident Wiscy will beat tOSU next week anyway.

Fastback68
    Participant

Vols win, Irish lost

Googled bowl predictions and CBS shows vols vs nd in Belk but no date or time prediction was shown. Anybody with an opinion/guess. Belk is probably the only bowl I can take the family.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Wiscy most cerainly will give Ohio State a run for their money. Wiscy very well could be a top 10 team. But it begs the question, if Ohio State wins, what do you do with them? Baylor just struggled to beat Texas Tech. But Baylor has the head to head over TCU. TCU though has wins over Oklahoma, Kansas State and Minnesota.

The committee has its work cut out.

Texpack
    Participant

The SEC rule means that the top SEC team is allowed one more loss (or maybe two) than everybody else. Now what SHOULD happen if Alabama loses a game and everybody else wins out is Oregon FSU TCU and tOSU.

A loss tonight gives the SEC shills on ESPN a whole week to sell the notion of two loss Alabama in the playoff. If they lose to Mizzou it’s a lot tougher because they aren’t even the SEC champion.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I just don’t see it that way. I would be absolutely shocked if Bama lost either tonight or next Saturday and still found a way in. Nobody can afford to lose this late IMHO. The committee is looking for a reason to eliminate you. That goes for Oregon and FSU as well.

As competitive as the SEC has been all year, the league to it on the chin this week. Mizzou is your SEC East representative, who is a bit ho-hum. The West has been murderer’s row but they’ve beat up on each other. LSU and TAMU not even ranked. And Miss State has now last two in a row.

Wulfpack
    Participant

And don’t look now but the Tigers have come roaring bsck to take the lead in Tuscaloosa. We got a ball game.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bama not looking very Bama like. Marshall is the beter QB by a mile.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

AWFUL clock management at the end of the first half for Auburn, and they have to settle for a FG attempt instead of a TD.

Could wind up costing them the game

Wulfpack
    Participant

Yea I thought that, too. Wasted way too much time and only got 1 play off.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Yep… Aubie riding the Tide, has a great second quarter…
    but this one won’t be settled until the fourth …

On a separate matter… we might need to call an Amber Alert…
    I can’t get any of my Tarheel buddies to answer the phone…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

IIRC, somebody tweeted out a stat earlier today that after the SEC went 0-4 vs. the ACC today that the SEC winds up 5-6 overall vs. the other Power 5 conferences.

I’m willing to give the SEC it’s due, but if that’s correct then the ‘SEC is as good as the NFL!’ type talk really needs to die quickly. This is ridiculous.

If Alabama loses tonight but still beats Mizzou in the SEC title game then MAYBE they get into the playoff, but they get more credit than any other two loss team … sh*t ain’t right, yo.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Getting serious in Tuscaloosa as Auburn is about to go up 12. Bama keeps turning the ball over and can’t stop Auburn – particularly the passing game.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.