Salaries of NCAAT Coaches

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Salaries of NCAAT Coaches

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

USA Today has their database of compensation for coaches linked here.

Gottfried checked in at #20 with a cool $2 million. Coach K in at just under $10 million.

Of course, there are nuances here. This is only ‘school pay’, which I am presuming includes all sources of revenue coming through the school (like supplemental income from the booster club and media deals).

Looks like – at least for some of our local schools – that this does NOT include compensation from apparel as there is no way that Roy Williams brings in less than $2 million a year.

YogiNC
    Participant

No way Arizona St. ever got their monies worth. How long has HWSNBN been there and he’s only made the dance once??? Oh wait, he did get there in 09. His conference record is 64-80 during his tenure. Impressive wouldn’t you say?

Smarter than the average bear

triadwolf
    Participant

Two things stick out to me:

I feel as if the pressure on Smart to win will build every year. That is a lot of money for a small school to be paying a coach; how long before the buzz of his deep tourney run wears off?

WTF Arizona State? You’ve really got to give HWSNBN credit; is there another coach that makes more per win than he does? The collection of photos he possesses must be something else.

Oh and third, I didn’t realize Gott was in the top 20 with regards to salary. I’m not saying that I don’t agree with what DY is paying him, but as top 20 coach (wrt pay) the sweet 16 three of every 5 years should be the expectation.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I didn’t realize that either, triadwolf. Interesting.

Shaka is in a fine position. Keeps making the tourney and programs throw themselves at him every year. He can leave any time he wants. Obviously, looking for a UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas kind of job. Turned down UCLA.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.