Ryan Finley will be back in Rawlee next season!

Home Forums StateFans Football Ryan Finley will be back in Rawlee next season!

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Back to Finley…well who knew? Come to find out there are already odds out for next year’s Heisman. The favorite is Jake Fromm. You are right, Ryan Finley is not mentioned. However, it is largely a popularity contest this early. The big names from the big schools. Of course, I know it stays that way to a large extent. It is hard to break through. However, I did read that there have been many instances where someone not mentioned in the preseason did work their way into Heisman contention. So I am going to hold out hope that we can have a good enough season and Finley can put up the numbers to work his way into the conversation.

Greywolf
    Participant

^
    It won’t happen with the Pack going 8-4.

Heelh8r
    Participant

It won’t happen with the Pack going 8-4.

Agreed. I’m thinking BIG. I’m thinking it’s our year to win a Championship!!

Mike
    Participant

Happy to see Finley coming back. Why come back? He would be 6th-8th QB in this year’s draft. Another solid year and he could move to 1st round and that is a huge difference in future money.

At one point CBS had him as #1 QB and #2 pick – which he fell from. But there is still so much opportunity for him to jump back to that level.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I’m thinking it’s our year to win a Championship!!

Not with losing 9 starters on defense.

Fastback68
    Participant

There’s a Heisman list and Finley is on it. Top 15. I just remembered the above discussion.

Fastback68
    Participant

Hines ran a 4.38. He can do better. Greenbacks in his future.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Jay-Sam, running with the tight ends at the combine, was third with a 4.64 40…He’ll play on Sundays.

Greywolf
    Participant

Not with losing 9 starters on defense.

I hear this a lot. What were we last year? 50th in total defense? Do you think we will fall to 60th or 70th?

It’s just as possible that we will improve on defense with the new personnel and the addition of Ted Roof to the defensive coaching staff and brain trust.

Our basketball team didn’t look like much what with losing most of its scoring punch. Maybe our football team will be better by subtraction as well.

We fans are very experienced looking in the rear view mirror (losing 9 starters) to see where we are going. I expect the coaches are looking through the windshield to see where we want to go and how we are going to get there. Don’t count on the defense in 2018 being 50th or worse in total defense.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.