Russell Wilson's Commencement Speech AKA Ramblings Of A Lunatic

Home Forums StateFans Football Russell Wilson's Commencement Speech AKA Ramblings Of A Lunatic

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    ryebread
    Participant

TOB took one in hand vs two in a bush. The wheels were in motion the previous year though. That much was obvious when RW went out with the Seniors on Senior Day despite having eligibility left. I’d heard some other stories about how it went down with Bible and Glennon as well.

I personally never felt that TOB handled this one correctly, and I would guess it is a major part of the reason that he’s no longer coaching here. Now that TOB is gone, I personally don’t care any more about how it went down. I just hope that NC State is smart enough to keep the relationship active and healthy with Wilson.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Speech started out pretty little awkward to me, but I think he was trying too hard to be funny/cool. At the end of the day, I felt as though he came across like a 27 year-old who has done well for himself in spite of a number of obstacles, but still holds a grudge against at least one of his coaches.

We’ve only seen the highly composed and on message Russell Wilson before so for that reason alone it seemed odd to me. I’m proud to call him a Wolfpacker so I’m giving a pass.

Sure felt like he mentioned NC State a lot though, especially given he was in Madison.

p.s. I did like his point where highlighted the difference between following a passion because you know you’re capable versus following a passion just because it’s a passion. Sound career advice for the Millennials!

coach13
    Participant

Kalani Heppe would seem to disagree…

Wufpacker
    Participant
    brqan925
    Participant

In 2009, Wilson played baseball in the Coastal Plain League, a summer collegiate league that starts play in late May. He played for the Gastonia Grizzlies. He played in 25 games, making 24 starts. The Grizzlies played 56 games that season.

ncsu1987
    Participant

CBS’ Will Brinson knocks this one out of the park: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russell-wilsons-memory-about-his-time-at-nc-state-is-conveniently-fuzzy/

Not that it matters, media will paint this the way they want to, and they want their underdog hero SO BADLY. Think not? This is what the NFL official twitter had to say:

<p lang=”und” dir=”ltr”>#MondayMotivation pic.twitter.com/2b2GOvrzUH</p>— NFL (@NFL) May 16, 2016

<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Gowolves
    Participant

Speech seemed sincere and inspirational to me. RW is a role model I would hope for my kids all day every day.. certainly better than Caitlyn Jenner, who I hear is in the running for ESPN’s come back player of the year award after reports he/she wants to become a man again.

I think I will stick with Rivers. Wilson can play fast and loose with the facts and I don’t care. We all know enough to figure out how it went down.

What I do not like is the mocking of TOB in a southern drawl. To infer that TOB is the white devil. The man that keeps him down. Yeah I know I am inferring a lot from the tone but listen to the speech. To insinuate that he is a racist or a bigot is a tough stain to remove. How do you prove you are not one? Count your friends? That’s the problem I have with the speech.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.